Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 11:52 AM   #1  

Angry New Year 's Eve

What is everybody doing?

Believe it or not I think we are going to put on our bathing suits and go to a big family event at the world water park...prizes, food nd water fun!

A good start to more family time, exercise and no drinking!

What are the rest of you up to!

Take care and be well!

Eliz
Old 12-31-2002, 12:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Liz??? it isn't freezing up there in Canada??? how can yall go to a waterpark? is it maybe inside? I thought it was really cold and like snowing up there???

I am at work today trying to do some year end paperwork, but I will be working on this stuff for awhile.

Hubby got up early to go duck hunting, so I got up at 5:00 and did a 2 mile walk aerobics tape and then got cleaned up for work. I have already had 7 bottles of water and it is just now 11:00 - I am being so good! :-) note to shelf to put a gold star on my forehead! haha

Hey, do any of yall ever drink a protein shake for breakfast? I love them and they keep me feeling full which I am sure is from the protein powder. I get it at Walmart and mix a scoop in the blender with a cup of water, a banana, a handful of frozen strawberries and 2 splenda packets. Sometimes I add a few nuts to it and blend it all up. It is wonderful and very filling!

Right now we have nothing planned for tonight and I'm hoping it stays that way. Tomorrow I will be off and I think hubby is gonna bbq on his new bbq pit.

Hope everybody has a great day and a Blessed New Year!

hugs, Cathy
Old 12-31-2002, 12:30 PM   #3  

Cathy that drink sounds good. I always figured those protein drinks would taste gritty and nasty.

Liz it sounds like a fun day. Glad it's you going and not me. There is NO way I'd put on a bathing suit!!!

I've got a pot of chili made and waiting til Chris or Dad holler hungry. Not sure what I will make for dinner. I have some potatoes left from last night...enough for Dad, so I can make something around it. They're supposed to be even better the second day.

Chris is going to begin tomorrow watching what he eats. He wants to lose 30 lbs. It's all in his tummy and makes it hard for him to bend. Being a quad, this is not good.

I've dug out my WW stuff and am ready to go starting tomorrow. I am still psyched. I've always been the type who needed someone to do it with me. Joyce is good about starting something and then finishing it so I know I can count on her. We were good about picking the other one up if they fell before so know we can do it again.

Hope everyone has a good day.....
Old 12-31-2002, 12:49 PM   #4  

Talking Morning Ladies

It's a nice day in California today. Of course, any day when I don't have to get up at 5 and go to work is a terrific day

Lizzy, have fun at the water park. I get this vision of Canadian water parks... big ice cubes floating in the pool at the bottom of the slide

Cathy, it was fun to see you last nite. I am glad we got a chance to chat. We were talking about feeling old, and there we were.. swapping recipes. Reminds me of something grannies do... I guess it is time to embrace my "oldness" .

Sweet, another no show last nite tsk tsk tsk.

Nothing much going on here today. It is 9:30 and I am stil in my robe and slippers I suppose I'll go change after I finish this. I got the yardwork I wanted to do yesterday all done. My hibiscus bush is not lying tipped over anymore, my weeds in the front ( as well as a billion palm fronds) are history, and my old dead morning glories have all been yanked down. I made a yummy low cal/fat chicken enchilada casserole last nite. I have enough for two more meals, which makes me a happy camper. Kittycat is thrilled I am home. She is bopping down the hall, running and leaping like a goon. Today is catching up on some laundry, vegging, maybe some yardwork in the backyard ( I did like the outdoor exercise I got yesterday) and maybe a hot bath.. mmm.

I am not going any place tonight.. home and more than likely to bed early. Hope everyone has a Happy Healthy New Year.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:12 PM   #5  

Talking Ice and snow of course

We have our fur swimsuits and slather whale blubber all over us...keeps us warm and great for gaining speed on the slides....we canucks know how to have fun.....and then there is the frozen fish and melted water for refreshments....bye for now you sillies!

Liz
Old 12-31-2002, 01:30 PM   #6  

Say, I've been reading in Readers Digest about their book about losing wieght. and I went to the web site suggested. Am very interested in this. I ordered the book and joined on-line. I will be getting recipes and encouragement and information . Leenie, will I get in trouble if I mention this? Am not advertising...just sharing what looks like good solid advice. It's ChangeOne.com

Leenie, if this isn't allowed, just delete it.

I HAVE to lose this weight. Am bloated an uncomfortable. I'm retaining water and my heart is acting silly! Lord, what we do to our bodies with food.

On that note, I'll say HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my friends, old and new!
Old 12-31-2002, 02:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Tip - thanks for posting this website - I just checked it out (quickly) and it looks good and practical. I will have some fun checking out the info there. What is the name of the book from Reader's Digest that you ordered? Keep us posted about all of this girlie.

Liz - are you pullin my leg or what? I am niave - be straight with me girlie - is it cold up there? are yall really playing in ice cold water? do you really cover yourself with whale blubber? and they pick on us for eating crawfish! haha

Linda it was good getting to chat with you too - can't believe we were the only ones in there for almost hour!

Sweetie - the protein drink doesn't taste gritty at all, and I don't even know that the powder has any taste at all, maybe if you stuck it straight into your mouth it would, but I can't taste it one way or the other mixed with the fruit. It is really good and filling.

Kemp? did that great big storm blow threw your area last night too? wow! we have businesses with their roofs gone and there is stuff everywhere. Sure is crazy weather for us.

Where is Leenie? and the rest of the gang?

later gaters,
cathy
Old 12-31-2002, 03:20 PM   #8  

Cathy, you might want to pick up Readers Digest January issue. It has an article regarding their book ChangeOne. That's where I first read about it. IMHO, anything that Readers Digest publishes is good stuff. I must have a dozen books about gardening, but the one from RD is the one I use the most.
Old 12-31-2002, 04:39 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just popping in to wish my old pals a Happy New Year. May we all be smaller this time next year.
Tip, I completely agree on RD publications - I have almost all their how to books.
Cathy, fur swimsuits are fine except they make you look much bigger.
Have a good EVE.
Old 01-01-2003, 02:28 AM   #10  

Just popping in to say hi. I went to see the counselor at mental health today....will pop back in after midnight tonight to tell you what she said.

April
Old 01-01-2003, 12:54 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Tippy anything that can help just one person here is welcomed. I've known you to long to think otherwise

HUGGS !!!
Closed Thread