Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 12:29 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday, December 30th

Good afternoon all !!

CINDY Welcome we are so glad you decided to join us

Nothing much new here, trying to be good today since I know tomorrow night I 'm doomed Just cleaning the upstairs ick is it dusty.

Anyone got any good New Year's plans ?

Love Leenie
Old 12-30-2002, 12:38 PM   #2  

I will be heading over to some friends of ours house. They live out in the country so we can cut up with out disturbing to many people. We have more fun at peoples houses than when we go somewhere. Plus we don't have to pay a cover to get in the door.

I am at work today. It is kind of my Friday b/c I was here all weekend and I will be off the next two days. The bad thing about tomorrow is that it is the day our property taxes are due. I don't understand why they can't be due on July 1 instead of right after Christmas when no one has any money left over. Another bad thing is that it is my dad's birthday and I am still not really over his death. (14 years ago)
Old 12-30-2002, 01:07 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Kem, sounds like your gonna have a woopassin time Oh how I remember those days, and yes they were good

My dad passed on Sept 16 1984, 4 days after his 54th birthday and I still get very emotional. I don't think we ever get "over" losing someone, we just learn how to handle the emotions better as time passes. My eldest sister died a few years ago on January 16th (which happens to be my other sisters wedding anniversary) This day is the most tough for me since I am still having a hard time accepting her death.

A few years ago for my 10th wedding anniversary, me and hubby renewed our wedding vow's on the closest sunday to our real anniversary which was January 23rd, my sister and her hubby joined us so her new wedding anniversary became the 23rd since she couldn't bare to celebrate it on the 16th.

Hang in there kiddo. Will do the same

Leenie
Old 12-30-2002, 01:24 PM   #4  

I vividly remember asking my sister how she survived the death of three of her seven children. She replied that a person has no choice. They just do.

for New Year's Eve, we're going to church since R has to help with distribution of Communion. Afterwards, we're just going to watch movies and snack. Last night we watched "Titanic". Great movie!
Old 12-30-2002, 03:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey gang! sounds like everybody is busy as usual.
All is well here but we have a great big ole storm a brewing around here - there are even suppose to be tornado warnings in Louisiana tonight! Man do they know that it is December - weird!

Everybody be good! :-)

hugs, Cathy
Old 12-30-2002, 04:00 PM   #6  

We are not planning anything for New Years. My time will be spent getting my head ready to begin my weight loss journey again. I talked to a friend of mine today who'd lost 125 but put it back on. We helped one another years ago by supporting one another and had a competition. It worked for us because if I'd lost 5 lbs she knew she better get with the program if she'd only lost 2. We spent a couple hours on the phone and have one another psyched. I weigh 3 lbs less than her.....maybe. I have to weigh again...I think I have gained. Because we are both the same weight or close to and need to lose the same amount, this will help. She and I are built different. I wear 46 C bras.....she has to have hers made.....44 I..... I've always teased her about how she should put rocks in her shoes to keep herself from falling on her face.

Leens, Linda, Liz and everyone who's lost someone dear, this is a hard time of the year and though we'll never forget them, remember we'll see them one day.

I can hardly wait but in the meantime I've decided that I am still alive and I need to take care of my body and be here for the ones I love and who love me. Also I don't want to die fat.

I am going to go stir up the potato recipe Linda gave me. Dad looked at the recipe and said it made his mouth water. Will have some broccoli and ham with it. Need to also make the cracker candy recipe up that Linda gave me. mmmmmmmm

Catch you all later.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:48 PM   #7  

Default 'lo everyone

Afternoon,

I am off this week so am enjoying being home. I did a ton of major house cleaning on Saturday, so now I can sit back and enjoy the break. Leens, stop that cleaning already will ya? One day of it is enough!

It's raining yet again. I was planning on doing a little yardwork today, but that may not happen. Hopefully it'll stop raining shortly so I can do the things I need to. My poor pitful dead morning glories and my tipped over plant are in desperate need of attention.

No New Years Eve plans here. I have a friend who always has a miserable time on her Birthday.. every year without fail, if she tries and goes out something happens.. so she has stopped trying. New Years Eve is the same with me.. too many things going wrong, so I tend to go to bed early and stay HOME. Also , like many on the boards, I have a painful death anniversary coming up in a week. Never will forget the day I found my father had died. I don't think the pain of it gets less.. I think you just have fewer and fewer episodes of it. Its all about managing the pain and moving forward. Like Sweet said, we will be with them again... and that thought brings a smile to my face.

I made some wonderful foccacia bread last nite. I love the smell of fresh cooked bread in the house. Today I am making some chicken enchiladas. I was planning on buying new tires today, but a friend said he knew someone in the business and would be able to get me a better deal than Costco. He has until Thursday AM to contact me...if no word, then I am off to buy them on my own. I have to go to Coscto anyway.. need chicken, fish, books.. etc.

Well, the rain is slowing, so I am going to go give my chores a whirl... talk later. Everyone have a lovely day!
Old 12-30-2002, 07:21 PM   #8  

MMMMM good.....I made the recipe for Honey Grilled Potatoes that Linda told me about. They are awesome. Dad and Chris loved them. I doubled the mixture as I was not sure how many potatoes I had pound wise. I also sliced them instead of quartering them so each slice got covered and they browned nice and even. Thanks Linnie.

I did not get the Cracker Candy made today that Linnie told me about. Will shoot for that tomorrow.

Think I will go lay down for a bit...missed my nap today as I was working on Dad's bank statement.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:35 PM   #9  

Angry HI I am here!

I worked days today so I am a bit behind....we are going to my folks tonight to play some games.....and relax....we are both off for a couple days so Hubby and I will enjoy it! DD 4 is still napping so she will be ready to party! DD 11 is at the waterpark...she will probably be her moody self...goodness I do love that child!

My son Zachary was born 9 years ago on Jan 6th....his birth one my greatest joys...his death July 16, 1996 my greatest heartbreak! My heart aches for him...and it compounds all the misery around me...especially when people do not realize how wonderful the children they have are!

So sorry for your losses board friends

I have been feeling a bit down in the dumps but I am just riding it out....I know that this too shall pass....it is lots of things and nothing at all.

Hope you all have a great eve!

Eliz
Old 12-30-2002, 11:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Lots of Hugs Liz!!!!
Closed Thread