Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 08:18 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday, December 18th

Well its moving day for me girls, so I'll try to catch up later...

Love Leenie.....

We are MOVED, now the unpacking starts, I'm telling you, my boss left just in time to leave me with this crap, but I'm better off being by myself then to have her here I have so much room here I don't know what to do w/myself, I can literely hide yup big ol me.

A friend of mine gave me a gift today, its called "Pull My Finger Fred" I'll let you use your imagination to figure out what it does Why anyone would think I would enjoy something like that is beyond me

Back to the dust !

Last edited by Leens; 12-18-2002 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good morning gang!

Not much new here, but I have got to quit stopping at Walmart on my way into work. I keep thinking of more little thing I need, like another glass dish to put deviled eggs in for Saturday night, which is $2.97 and then I end up loading up my arms, and writing another check. I am too broke to keep doing this - gotta stop dropping into Walmart!!!!!!

Hope everybody is being good and
is stopping long enough to smell the poinsettas! ;-)

hugs,
Cathy
Old 12-18-2002, 10:10 AM   #3  

Talking I hear ya Cathy!

I don't go to stores 'cause that way I don't spend!

I spend about $100 an hour so I am not to be trusted!

Today I go for a cut a foils! That will feel good!

Leens happy moving....

Hello to all to come!

Eliz
Old 12-18-2002, 10:29 AM   #4  

Good Morning ladies!!

I HAVE MY VOICE BACK (sort of) WOOOHOOOO!! My boss is so happy as soon as I walked in the door he bolted out. He has seriouse cabin fever. I wouldn't let him leave when I couldn't talk.

Wow, only a week left. Hubby is coming home from Denver today so I can stop by the store to pick up the stocking stuffers today. I can't do it when he is gone b/c of the dog. She sits in her pen (a rather large one) all day and is about to pop when I get home. I just think it is bad for me to leave her in there and go to the store after work. Hubby said that it snowed yesterday in Boulder, CO. They stopped on the side of the road and saw a huge herd of Elk and two males were fighting. I am so jealouse. Living down here I think I have only seen snow fall once in my life. He called me on his way to the airport and he and the other guy wouldn't shut up about all of the snow everywhere. "Look at it over there, boy, that is a huge patch" I had to tell him to stop. I am ready to get a ticket to leave right now.

I don't want to kill anyone today. That is good. I just have to suck it up and do it myself. I just hatre the fact that I have to do everything just to get it done right. I should now by now that none of the employees can see the small stuff so I need to learn to let it go. It kills me when some people don't have the same work ethic as me.

Thanks guys for letting me vent. Sorry I had to whine about my life, I just needed to get it out.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:44 AM   #5  

Default I had better post now

Leenie is moving today...and I am packing. Tomorrow is moving day for me. My department is moving to another building and I am moving 100% into a new function. It'll be more stressful, but a heck of a lot more interesting. I am excited about the change and just a little nervous. Hopefully our computers and phones will be back online by tomorrow afternoon.

Cathy, shopping on the way to work.. now that is something I haven't even thought of before But it isn't a bad idea at all.. no crowds at the stores yet. I am stopping off at the Avenue store on my way home tonight. I have two coupons... one for 30% off an item and another for 25% off an item.

Lizzy.. have fun at beauty parlour. I love going there and reading all the smarmy magazines that I never buy.

Hi Kem you snuck in while I was posting.

Hi everyone else.. hope you are all having a nice day
Old 12-18-2002, 12:25 PM   #6  

It's a rainy day here in Wisconsin. Rained on and off all night. In the north and west too, there is some freezing so the roads are hazardous. Am glad that R isn't driving far today.
I still can't figure out why I have so much pain on Wednesdays. This is strange. I don't recall doing anyting out of the ordinary on Tuesdays either. I just took an OTC pain killer so I can vacuum later.
With an awful cat named Brat in the house, our Xmas tree is looking rather disleveled. Ornaments are on the floor, a garland is across the floor and the lights are drooping. We pick everything up every day, but over night the awful little animal has a good time. Will he ever grow up? He no longer trys to wake up up by climbing on the night stand cause he doesn't like getting his paws stuck on duct tape layed on it. Love to see that.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:41 PM   #7  

Good morning!

What an awful time of the year to be moving... I feel for both of you movers and packers! I can't imagine having pack and move and unpack with this weather and with all the last minute Christmas things to do. You must both be really strong to be handling all this so well!

Tippy: my cat is going crazy around the Christmas tree too! We've layed out some scotch tape on the floor underneath it, and left a few clementines/oranges around the tree. That seems to have kept her away from the tree during the past 2 nights. We used scotch tape cuz it's clear and she can't see it till it's too late!

Thanks, Leens, for welcoming me your group! I'm really excited to be here!

I had my weekly counselling appointment this morning. I really like them. I feel so empowered and able to do anything when I leave there. This counsellor that I"m seeing is great - I wish I had known years ago that counsellors can actually HELP!! I'd have shopped around more! So, after my appointment, I went into my lab, which I've been avoiding for 3 weeks now. I met with all the necessary people and got all my forms signed so that I can proceed with my M.Sc. defense in the new year. I've been able to "work from home" for the last couple of months on my thesis, which was nice... but not all that good for me personally. It's too easy to procrastinate and sleep in late and slack off. But, now that we've set a date for my defense exam (jan. 15), I'm working hard again and getting things accomplished. I have to have my final copy of my thesis ready for distribution on Friday. I'm close to the printing stage, but still have a bit left to finish.

So, I'm feeling good... I'm getting things done again. ANd I've made a committment to myself to begin this weight loss journey! So, lots is going on. I feel strong and courageous and capable. I know I can do this!
Old 12-18-2002, 01:01 PM   #8  

Default Welcome

Hi Loko,

I must have missed your first post.. welcome to the funny farm.

Old 12-18-2002, 01:18 PM   #9  

Good afternoon

Lunch is over, dishes washed and I've finished up all my Christmas cards. The few gifts I got for Dad and Chris are wrapped. Now I feel a nap coming on. I need to repot a plant of Chris'..it is falling over it has gotten so tall and grown too big for the pot...will have to stake it up.

Welcome LoKo. This group is great...you'll be glad you came.

Linda and Leens my heart goes out to you both...I hate packing and moving.

It's 60* and the sun sure looks good. Tomorrow the temps go back into the 40's. I think I will dig out the poinsettas and stuff and go decorate Mother's grave today while it's nice. I've been putting it off but now I have no excuse. It's so hard and I have to make myself do it.

I feel pretty good today with exception of my head feeling like it's not mine. I hate my meds!! My knee has gotten infected and Chris is riding me...the nose is still swollen and hurts like heck. You don't realize how often you touch your nose until you get it broken.

I missed chat last night, I fell asleep watching my soap opera. Will try to get into chat tonite tho.....
Old 12-19-2002, 12:58 AM   #10  

Hi everyone,

It is late....you are all probablly all in bed by now. I feel better today & last night. DH & I went out yesteray in the afternoon to run some errands. Before that I felt really sad all day & the previous 3 days. When we got home I started to feel better. Today I went to coffee with friends in the morning....then went shopping for a few more gifts.

I think I have discovered something....when I get out in the daytime....I feel better.

I called Mental Health a few days ago...they called back today & took my history. She said it seems that I have Seasonal Affective Disorder. She said that SAD can be just as debilitating as regular depression. They are supposed to call me back on Friday.

I am going to go read my book now.

April
Closed Thread