Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-24-2011, 11:20 PM   #1  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

Default I miss you

I miss my ex so much. He used to be so supportive of me with everything.
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:11 AM   #2  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

hmmm i'm sorry hun. it can be hard to pull through without that person by your side. do you have friends and family that stick by you?

i'm from nyc, and i moved out to seattle last year. haven't made too many friends out here, and my bf recently moved (read: abandoned me) to california. i miss him too, as he was my main support system. its tough, but its times like these that we show ourselves what we're really made of
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:14 AM   #3  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

I'm missing an ex right now too.

Unlike you, it's for the negative motivation. All I have to do is think of him, and I regain the mindset "I can do so much better than him"...and it gets me moving and in gear.

Yeah. That's the bitterness talking. I miss the useless lump.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #4  

When we make a deep connection with someone it is always going to be hard to move on. But I believe everything happens for a reason and you will find someone who fits you even more perfectly. Just give it time. My thoughts are with you.
pattynelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #5  

I'm feeling much the same way lately. It sucks, but I try to stay positive about it.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #6  
on a mission

S/C/G: 83kg/68kg/65kg

Height: 5'3"

I like what pattynelson said. I think it is true! Just give it time, and the right guy will come along, someone even better =)
Esha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'2.5"

I feel the same way. It all happened very recently, and so I'm still feeling the fresh sting of abandonment. He was the one and only support system in my life, but he just has A LOT of his own personal issues/drama going on. We were together for so long and I don't know who I am without that person and without our life together. Some moments I know that it was for the best and that he just was not the kind of person I needed. Then other times I think of how things used to be and how much we loved each other. Break ups are really hard and it can be a long road to emotional recovery.

I guess that's my prime motivator to get healthy. I usually turn to junk food to feel better while I'm wallowing in misery and then I gain a ton of weight. I'm determined not to let that happen ever again.
surrendertolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Mine is still around (trying to be friends) and he was my inspiration to get in shape. He's been super supportive and has been giving me advice and even kicked my a$$ in the gym a couple times.

What I do miss is the positive reinforcement on how I look NOW. We aren't together anymore, so he can't exactly tell me I"m beautiful everyday like he used to. :-( Maybe its lame but hearing that helps me stay positive and keep going!
LLBoldAsLove87 is offline   Reply With Quote