Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 11:06 AM   #1  

Angry Saturday DEC 14!

Well, only 10 days until Christmas Eve! The kids are getting excited now. We're probably getting the tree today and will decorate it tomorrow.

Leen, we got a telescope a couple of years ago and used it ONCE. We had a friend who has astronomy as a hobby come over and help us, but even then we didn't see very much. It was a big disappointment. He says that there is just too much interference from lights and you really need to be far out in the country to see anything. Maybe next year we'll take it camping and use it then, but it is somewhat big and bulky, plus not something you should be slinging about haphazardly so that can be tricky.

I got my husband a new heat/massage pad for his recliner. The kids broke the old one. He loved it. You can get as big or little and pricey as you like, there are a lot of kinds. In other years he's gotten fencing lessons, a surprise trip to Chicago, a really nice foosball table, and a nice table top hockey game like he had when he was young. Good luck!

I have been trying hard to eat healthfully and work out. We have a competition between the girls and guys here, to see who will do best. It is giving everyone inspiration!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Old 12-14-2002, 03:36 PM   #2  

Talking HI Marleah!

....and all to come!

Well I have a cold and I feel horrible!

This is really poor planning! I still have so much to do...hubby and I are having some trouble getting on the same page so that doesn't help matters.

I work evenings today (3:15-11:30 pm) and am short changing myself and doing a day tomorrow (7:30-15:30)...for a gal who is going to the Xmas party which is tonight and I am missing because I have to work evening s anyway!

I work three more shifts before Xmas and have to figure out a way to get everything done...is it just me or do Xmas creep up really quickly?

I am getting my hair cut and foiled this week and even gonna fit in some dental work!

Hope you are all having a productive weekend and that all is well!

Remember Jesus is the reason for the season and it is gonna come no matter what, so have fun with it all!

Make memories!

Liz
Old 12-16-2002, 08:16 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Marleah thanks for the advice on the telescope, I did however buy him one, it wasn't to pricy or big, just something for fun. Our home sits in the mountains believe it or not and there are some lights in the summer from the school's baseball field but he should be able to see something....ah heck he can look at the neighbors

Liz, sorry your sick, its all that running around you do telling your body to go gently. And thanks for the reminder that HE will come again, we all know it but often need to be reminded. One thing I want for Christmas this year, and I want a HUGE box of it is something I've lost a few years ago....and I long for it back is for my spirituality, the peace I once had, the calmness, that feeling of your heart being swelled with His Love

Have a great day
Closed Thread