Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Default hello everyone :D

Hey everyone im new to this site and hoping to get to know some of you

I have had depression and anxiety for 8 years now and my weight has been up and down due to an untreated underactive thyroid for a few years and being on many different anti depressants and anxiety medication. Im currently only on anxiety tablets when i need then.

Im no stranger to dieting i used to be 16stone when i was on anti depresent and not on thyroxine, but with alot of hard work and thyroid being treated and being of the AD i got down to 10stone 7.5lbs back in 2006-2009. After starting uni in 2009 and having to go bk on AD because of the stress of uni iv slowly put on 2 stone 9.5lbs. I started back at ww in mid november and lost 5.5lbs, but with a 3 week break over xmas i put 3lbs back on

I am going to be 30 at the end of july this year. I really want to get at least 2stone off by then. Hopefully i can get some support and motivations off you all.

good luck everyone

Ems xxxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #2  

Hi these thanks for you reply we do have a lot in common. Depression and anxiety is very hard to control and like your self im not on meds only anxiety tablets when i feel i need them. I am currently doing ww i lost 5.5lbs before xmas but with a 3 week break i put 3lbs back on but i started back last week and im hoping to get 28lbs off by july for my 30th birthday. I have just started back at aerobics and doing my wii fit and dance hopefully that will help with the weight loss but it does help with my mental health aswell so maybe you should try abit more exercise as it helps with depression xxx
Old 01-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #3  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Hi Ems, I am another sufferer with depression. Thankfully I am now able to control it to some degree but it is rather like being an alchoholic, it is always with you but you can train yourself to be aware of the things that may trigger off a down period. I make sure that I don't watch weepy movies or tv programmes especially if I am very tired. You will have your own trigger points to watch for, perhaps the TOTM can be a bad moment. I did have some counselling which helped quite a bit.
Do hope you manage to get an eating programme that suits you as you will feel so much better when you are eating properly and losing the weight.

All the very best to you in you endeavours.
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #4  

Thanks for your reply i am having councelling at the moment and she is going over trigger points and stuff like that so hopefully that will help but i know what you mean by it being with you all the time even when you do feel happy. Hopefully we can get a few lbs off this year and hopefully it will help us feel abit better about ourselves.

Good luck with your weight loss xxx
Old 01-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190S/188C/135G

Height: A hair under 5 ft.

ems- Hello. I will be 30 @ end of this month! Ive spent the better part of the last decade struggling with anxiety and depression, not too mention my weight! Hope to exchange info and possibly support each other in this fight!

Best of luck to you
worktobedone00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #6  

Hi there worktobedone not sur eof your name but if you need any support or help just ask im happy to help and hopefully we can get some weight off this year to help us feel abit better xxx