Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/230/160

Height: 5'4

Default New & Introducing Myself

Hi everyone,

I am a 22 year old female who is 5'4 and weighs 232 (Should this be in my signature thing? I'm SO bad at this...).

I have been diagnosed with anxiety, depression, and an emotion regulation disorder (borderline personality disorder).

I feel the need to be defensive right off the bat for some reason and say people with BPD are not crazy! I am working VERY hard at getting better and being responsible for my actions. Please remember that if you're dealing with someone with BPD in your life, there's a person underneath there who feels everything very intensely.

ANYWAY...

I have been through a LOT since graduating high school, including many psychiatrists and therapists, and I feel as though I've finally found the right meds (lamictal and luvox) and a good therapy program--I'll be starting a dialectical behavior therapy group in December as well.

At the end of high school, I was about 180-190 lbs, dancing 2-3 times a week (instead of gym class--cool huh?). Now, 4 years later, I have bilateral knee inuries that are most likely genetic/congenital and I've gained a lot of weight. I struggle every day with feeling like I've lost the happy, decently fit person I used to be.

So that's my story, and I hope this will be a place of encouragement and motivation for me. Thanks for reading, sorry it was so long!
emt3692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:56 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

EMT3692

I am glad you found us. I would like to invite you to post on an excellent thread right here on this board called 'November Chat'. The ladies are so supportive and loving http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depr...mber-chat.html

Hope to see you there

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/285/150

hello and welcome. Depression and Anxiety can be very difficult to deal with, but try and have a positive attitude. You WILL recover, it might take some time but it's possible. I wouldn't have believed it myself a few years ago but i'm doing SO much better now (It took years to find the right combo of meds and convincing that i needed therapy).

I believe the group therapy will be great for you. I been going to a depression group for a few months and it's helped me tremendously. It puts things into perspective when your surrounded with people just like you who are going through the same issues.
firefoxsilver9 is offline   Reply With Quote