Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-01-2020, 02:29 AM   #1  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Default October 2020 Ups & Downs Support Group

Hello and WELCOME to the October 2020 Ups & Downs Support Group! We are a small but mighty group who are here to support each other through the ups & downs of weight loss and life in general. Everyone is welcome to be a part of the group! All you have to do is post. 😊

IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:38 AM   #2  
I can do it!!!

I posted a sad update at the tail end of the September thread before I realized (in the middle of the night) that it is technically October now. Don't know if or how I can copy it here. Oh well...
Old 10-01-2020, 12:34 PM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Kathleen - thank you for starting the October thread ... and I am putting your very sad news post below so we may all respond with our sympathy and shared grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
I am SO incredibly sad. On Monday, our 10 and 1/2 year old Cocker Spaniel started acting "not himself;" lethargic and not responding to us much. This lasted about a half hour and then he seemed okay. Then, very late last night (Tuesday), he went and layed in the corner and was not acting himself again. He was not very responsive and his breathing was very labored. We took him to the emergency vet. They discovered that he had a mass on or near his spleen that had ruptured. He would have required emergency abdominal surgery, which would have been very hard on an older dog; possible death due to complications during surgery... and the tumor was 85% an aggressive malignant kind that might have already spread. ☹ We had to make the gut wrenching decision to put him to sleep. 😢 Thankfully, despite their COVID restrictions, they made an exception and allowed us to be with him since it was euthanasia. But we are all heartbroken. 💔 He and my son were the absolute BEST buddies ever. He is devastated. 😢

Lisa, still and especially now thinking of you for your loss of Elvira. ❤

Hello to Holly, TREEMBBS, and Pat!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:49 PM   #4  
Biker Chick!

Oh Kathleen I am so incredibly sorry to hear that! I went back to read threads to see what your Cocker Spaniel's name was and couldn't find it, but I KNOW you have written of him in the past, and we know how much you loved him! and you had him for so long, that is so hard for YOU but almost more so for the kids because they grow up with them and they are just part of the family. How sad !!! and sudden. There is only the teeny small consolation that it was not a long drawn out period of pain for the doggie and your decision to mercifully let him slip away was the only right choice.

And that you could be with him in the end is the hardest but noblest thing for us to do for our fur babies that are our responsibility...that they can either smell us or hear us or just sense our beloved presence as they slip into the next realm.

i am thinking of you my friend
Old 10-01-2020, 11:26 PM   #5  
I can do it!!!

Thank you, Holly! His name was Lucky. 💙 He was an all black Cocker Spaniel except for some white on his chest. He was such a good boy! I agree with all of your thoughtful and wise words. 💜 I am so thankful that we still have another dog. Her name is Lucy. She is a white Clumber Spaniel with a few scattered brown spots, especially on her face and ears. She will be 8 years old on November 4th. She is a good girl, but not nearly as cuddly as Lucky was. I love my pups with all my heart! ❤

Last edited by IBelieveInMe2; 10-01-2020 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-02-2020, 02:05 AM   #6  
TREEMBBS

S/C/G: 90.8

Height: 5 feet 7and a half inches

Hi yes I am still around - just! Life does so get in the way of me posting but by the same token being busy gives me no time to feel too sorry for myself.

Hi everyone and Kathleen so sad to hear your news about Lucky. Losing a beloved pet is very difficult, they love us so unconditionally

Keep well everyone, I hope to drop in and support you all a bit more often this month if I can.

All OK here, the usual busy merry go round and still lots of Covid lockdowns for some of the family (our restrictions have eased a little) x

Last edited by TREEMBBS; 10-02-2020 at 02:06 AM. Reason: I am the typo queen
TREEMBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:57 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
Thank you, Holly! His name was Lucky. 💙 He was an all black Cocker Spaniel except for some white on his chest. He was such a good boy! I agree with all of your thoughtful and wise words. 💜 I am so thankful that we still have another dog. Her name is Lucy. She is a white Clumber Spaniel with a few scattered brown spots, especially on her face and ears. She will be 8 years old on November 4th. She is a good girl, but not nearly as cuddly as Lucky was. I love my pups with all my heart! ❤
I love hearing people say 'he was such a good boy' because it's not just that they 'behaved', it's because they loved us and gave us so much pleasure in loving them! He must have been so handsome, all black but with the white on his chest. I am so very glad you have another doggie, and I hope Lucy isn't showing sadness at missing her buddy. that is always so hard to see isnt' it.

TREEMBBS You have such a great attitude towards your situation, yes I guess when we are super busy there is less time to feel sorry for ourselves I was doing inward pity party towards myself until I made myself count my blessings but that is something I always have to work on. But you are a SUPER example of being strong and dealing with what life had dealt you.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:45 AM   #8  

I'm here.

Kathleen, I'm so sorry about your puppy. The only thing that brought me any comfort was knowing I had no choice but to put Elvira down. No choice.

My life here is pretty boring. That's not a bad thing in my book. I hate drama.

I gave PT tomorrow afternoon. I'm progressing. I can walk without a limp now.

Jennifer doesn't want me to call me home for Christmas due to covid. I was prepared to do so. She refuses so what can I do. I still think I'd be ok. She worries too much.

My Browns won today. happy

My NASCAR driver wrecked today. sad

I hope you all are well.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:38 PM   #9  
Biker Chick!

Lisa, that is so great that you can walk without a limp now!! !
Old 10-08-2020, 09:24 AM   #10  
Biker Chick!

Hey friends, I've resisted for days on posting here, but we are supposed to be about the Ups and Downs...well I am in the downs, I have no ambition or motivation and could be in a cave and not care. I used to complain about having to work 40 hrs a week but now I know I am missing social interaction, set structure, etc.

Our kitchen redo will never get done. Its DIY and husband works nights and of course has to sleep at least 6 hours during the day and by time he wakes up and gets moving, the day is mostly over for me .He has his absolute plus point but being organized is not one of them and it seems so much time is lost looking for tools or materials that I know are around. i've tried to ask 'what can I do' like side work to help things get moving? Because he's in charge of the major stuff. and Im happy to assist but I don't know what to do . I've done some scrubbing and painting in kitchen but the majjor things are new ceiling, new floor, walls, install stove, lighting. and we have such a small place anyway, you move stuff out of the kitchen and we're falling over it. This project was started a month ago now. and it's not like this is for vanity purposes; the floor tiles have been breaking up for years, the walls were barely finished when we moved in 30+ years ago and maybe one coat of paint.

and last year he and I got up on the roof and installed panels of roofing, as the roof was leaking. I was very proud of us at our age doing that. We did the most important part of the roof, almost 2/3 of it done; then stopped. Now, last week, we discovered a leak upstairs. Yeah from the last 1/3 portion not done. So we have to halt anything in the kitchen and focus on the roof. And before we can even get UP on the roof, have to shore up the back deck with 2 x 4's so the roof will support us.

and the end of summer is so hard for me. And of course i have mourned the summer job and the beauty there and getting praise for my work and efforts, and the money and tips not made from working hard and doing a good job.

boy am I down

Old 10-14-2020, 08:14 AM   #11  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
Sorry been out of loop. . Been in hospital with leukemia. And heart condition weak and alone. Weight not as bad as I thought. Sending much love 💗💜💗💜💗💜💗💜
oh no!! Pat so sorry to hear this!! :hugs: sending good health thoughts
Old 10-17-2020, 10:51 AM   #12  
Biker Chick!

Of course worried and concerned about our Flower! (Pat) If you are able to check in, please do my friend!

Hello to my other friends here.

I'm still struggling. Found my old Verlilux light therapy lamp and am trying that. I sleep all night; husband comes home from work at 8 a.m., I get up to say hi to him and take care of Chloe dog, then as husband goes to bed for his sleeip, I stay on couch and just do nothing for 6 hours. Raining for 2 days doesn't help things either. Glad it isn't snow yet. Need to focus on my 'maybe tomorrow will be better'.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:46 PM   #13  

Hi all. I left a message 5 days ago in the September thread. Didn't realize October thread had been started.

Sorry I've been gone for so long. I was very sick. Finally ended up via ambulance in emergency. Turns out I have a heart condition and leukemia. Was in hospital for around 13 days. Either diagnostic tests or receiving chemo. Was released at 9pm on Wednesday.

The hospital stay helped. But too much torture chamber.
Sorry I have not been able to read posts and respond for a long time. I knew I was sick. But didn't know I was THIS sick.
Now I have to deal with the medical center out patient treatment factory. So far extremely impersonal. Hoping that will change.

Hoping everyone here is doing okay. And hoping I will now be up to reading and replying again very soon
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:27 AM   #14  
TREEMBBS

S/C/G: 90.8

Height: 5 feet 7and a half inches

Holly sorry you are struggling so much. Me too but time doesn't allow me to vent on here as much as I would like to.
My sister closest in age to me got a bit of my frustration via emails and texts today. I am struggling and mentally exhausted but MUST keep going. My Husband's life and safety depends on me to keep afloat. Boy is it tough.
So Holly and all else above, hang in there, I understand and empathize.

Also to Flower, wow you have had some challenges health wise. Like me you have been forced into intermittent posting but better than nothing.

Love to you all xx

Last edited by TREEMBBS; 10-19-2020 at 02:27 AM. Reason: grammar
TREEMBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:11 PM   #15  
heavy newlywed

S/C/G: 285/285/199

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone, I'm new.
I have gained almost 50lbs since coronavirus. Newly married.
had a rough weekend with the husband, I only see him weekends and I was apparently very grouchy because I wasn't feeling well. I think sometimes I am more of a jerk because of my depression and how I feel about myself because of my weight.
Looking forward to talking with everyone and having a group of people to talk to.
Reginaloses80 is offline   Reply With Quote