Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-17-2006, 09:23 AM   #196  

DATE:

USERNAME/REAL NAME: CarolVa1977

BIRTHDAY: December 14th

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged

SPOUSE’S NAME: Dennis

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Knitting, Photography

PETS: None

TOP WEIGHT: 150

CURRENT WEIGHT: 107.2

GOAL WEIGHT: 98

HEIGHT: 5'

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Virginia

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Depression

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I only hope

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am sad now, but It will get better
CarolVa1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:53 PM   #197  

Hi, I am new to 3FC and found this thread and am very hopeful that I can find help and encouragement here.

DATE: April 20, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: SuzanneGetSkinny/Suzanne

BIRTHDAY: Decemeber 3

MARITAL STATUS: Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Terry

CHILDREN/AGES: Justin/9 yrs

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Painting, drawing, crafts, camping and eating

PETS: Dog: Hobo; Cat: Tobias

TOP WEIGHT: 224 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 180 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 159 lbs

HEIGHT: 5' 6"

EYE COLOR: Brown

OCCUPATION: This is a long story: my career is as an instructor and curriculum consultant. I was laid off of this position and have been on terminal vacation since January. I am officially done in this position as of the end of the month. I am currently working 3 days a week at Tim Horton's - not exactly the best position for me to lose weight but they are willing to work around my hours so I can be home with my son. I have applied on others but haven't got anything yet. This is a very trying time for me.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Edmonton AB Canada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have always turned to food in times of stress. Trying to lose weight means I lose my stress reliever which makes me more stressed which makes me want to eat... you get the idea.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am reaching out for more help!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
SuzanneGettingSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:36 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 320/250/175

DATE: 04/21/06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: JasmineS

BIRTHDAY: 2/6/77

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

SPOUSE’S NAME: n/a

CHILDREN/AGES: n/a

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: all kinds of music, movies, reading, knitting, bicycling

PETS: none

TOP WEIGHT: 320

CURRENT WEIGHT: 250

GOAL WEIGHT: 175 (although I'd honestly be happy with 200)

HEIGHT: 6'

HAIR COLOR: naturally blonde, currently brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Chicago

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: self-control when it comes to eating, binge eating, lack of discipline, depression

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm not sure.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm very sensitive and lately very sad when it comes to weight loss and everyday life.
JasmineS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:17 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 202/200/150

DATE: May 9th, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: thecanadian213/Jess

BIRTHDAY: Feb 6th

MARITAL STATUS: Single

SIBLINGS: Brother/John/18

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Ultimate Frisbee, Scrapbooking, Running, Music, Driving, Friends

PETS: 2 cats, Sox (no tail, grey and CUTE!), Tux (looks like she's wearing a tuxedo, very scared but loves to cuddle when she warms up to you), 1 beta fish, William (rescued from roommates who wanted to let him die)

TOP WEIGHT: 202 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 197 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: for now, 150 lbs

HEIGHT: 5' 6.5"

EYE COLOR: Brown :-)

HAIR COLOR: naturally brown, currently has blonde/light brown highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Boston, MA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: motivation and lack of support. Self esteem as well.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: the determination is there.
thecanadian213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:35 AM   #200  
One day at a time..

S/C/G: 264/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

DATE: May 9th, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: MizCandula/Candi

BIRTHDAY: May 9th

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged

CHILDREN/AGES: None

SPOUSE’S NAME: Billy

SIBLINGS: Brother/Jamie/32

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Collecting creepy dolls, lol, antique furniture, music, concerts, crafting, phtography.

PETS: 3 dogs - a boston terrier: Twiggy "Twinkletoes" Jones, a chihuahua: Trixie "Two Time" Jones, and a golden retriever: Dakota "The Golden Boy" Jones... Collectively known as "The Jones Boys"

TOP WEIGHT: 237 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 199 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 150 lbs

HEIGHT: 5'5.5"

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Dark red-brown with blonde highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Baltimore, MD

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Emotional eating, binge eating, and lack of motivation.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I made it a lifestyle change and not a means to an end. Plus, I have a great support system this time.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I love to make jokes and laugh. I can be really immature, but mature when the time calls for it. I like long walks on the bea.. woops, lol, wrong ad.
MizCandula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:01 PM   #201  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

Smile Newbie

DATE: 5/18/06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: CJsPrincess816 / Angela

BIRTHDAY: August 16, 1967

MARITAL STATUS: Partnered

SPOUSE’S NAME: Michele

CHILDREN/AGES: The best nephews (8,6 and 3)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Shopping, learning how to live with 'the' band, spending time with friends and family, reading, movies, pop culture

PETS: not yet

TOP WEIGHT: 275

CURRENT WEIGHT: 260

GOAL WEIGHT: 150 ish, have no clue what i'll look like at that weight. i'll get there and then figure it out.

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: hazel/brown

HAIR COLOR: blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: houston, texas

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: portion control, emotional eating

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: just had lap band surgery. i'm hoping that tool will help me with portion control and let me get a better handle on this weight problem i've had since my teens.

CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:05 PM   #202  
Ivanna Seemyfeet

DATE: My husband won't let me

USERNAME/REAL NAME:Skyy1067/ Wendy

BIRTHDAY: 10-28-1967

MARITAL STATUS: Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Martin

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Vegas, reading, baseball, hiking

PETS: My gorgeous mini-poodle, Maggie

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'7

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Depends on my mood, usually some sort of red or reddish brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: CT

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I LOVE junk food!!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to be healthy and be able to enjoy spending time with the love of my life. I also have a brand new niece that I want to watch grow up.
Skyy1067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:56 PM   #203  

DATE: 5/24/2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: CJ

BIRTHDAY: 12/20/65

MARITAL STATUS: married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Steven

CHILDREN/AGES: Robert (18), David (15)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, music, crafts, fast cars

PETS: MacGregor (Cocker Spaniel); Desdemona (Queen Cat)

TOP WEIGHT: 290

CURRENT WEIGHT: 289

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

HEIGHT: 5'8"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Brown (we're not talking about the grey)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Dallas

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: medication, mood swings, motivation

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: no clue

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am manic depressive (bipolar), diagnosed 23 years ago. I am also a recovering drug addict and alcoholic. I am a non-recovering Coca Cola addict, though.
CJ :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:15 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

DATE: June 8, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Liberty

BIRTHDAY: 05-31-75

MARITAL STATUS: Happily Married for 13 yrs

SPOUSE’S NAME: Dwain
CHILDREN/AGES: 11 Girl and 6 girl

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I am addicted to MYSPACE, photograghy, coaching softball, sewing and just spending time with the family

PETS: Where do I start! 2dogs, 2cats, 2gerbils, and a fish tank

TOP WEIGHT: 232

CURRENT WEIGHT: 232

GOAL WEIGHT: 180-175 not really worried about weight just size size 20 now want to be a 14 again

HEIGHT: 5'9

HAIR COLOR: blonde at the moment, I tend to change it ALOT

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Florida

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Motivation, cost of food, and lack of exercize

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I"m not sure if I had a crystal ball I would tell ya, but I hope that it will be very different this time around and I actually lose something!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am a very to the point person and very understanding as well so I tend to give advice so don't take it personal.

DON'T FORGET TO JOIN US ON THE DAILY THREAD AFTER POSTING YOUR BIO... THANK YOU !!
Old 06-08-2006, 10:44 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I just noticed the bio section, have been posting for a few days but here goes.

DATE: 6/08/2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: trishn222/Trish

BIRTHDAY: 9/20/72

MARITAL STATUS: married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Carl

CHILDREN/AGES: boy 5, girl 22 mo

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, skiing, swimming, kickboxing (those last couple are when I am in better shape), education (I would be a professional student if I could afford it), football (I watch a ton am a huge junkie), space (I have a telescope and love it)

PETS: dog (Thor)

TOP WEIGHT: 272

CURRENT WEIGHT: 258

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: blue, green, or gray depending on my mood or clothing color

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Idaho

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: portion control and emotional eating

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to do this for me and so that I will be around for a long time for my children and my husband

trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:25 AM   #206  

DATE: 6-8-06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Soulnik

BIRTHDAY: 2-12

SPOUSE’S NAME: Someday, no really. That's his name. Mr. Someday

CHILDREN/AGES: Not, Yet and Are you kidding?

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Eating. But I'm changing that.

PETS: I don't like animals.

TOP WEIGHT: 340 lbs.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 304 lbs. Ironic, huh?

GOAL WEIGHT: I don't know yet.

HEIGHT: 5'5"

HAIR COLOR: Black

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Brooklyn

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Starting, continuing, keeping it off. I am addicted to sugar and have zero energy or motivation for exercize.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am trying to be realistic about what I am capable of doing right now. And I want to live.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Not a whole lot. I'm a bit of a pessimist and a smart alec (sp?) but it's really a cover up for my mushy, chocolate coated interior.
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:26 AM   #207  

Default My bio

DATE: 6-8-06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Soulnik

BIRTHDAY: 2-12

SPOUSE’S NAME: Someday, no really. That's his name. Mr. Someday

CHILDREN/AGES: Not, Yet and Are you kidding?

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Eating. But I'm changing that.

PETS: I don't like animals.

TOP WEIGHT: 340 lbs.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 304 lbs. Ironic, huh?

GOAL WEIGHT: I don't know yet.

HEIGHT: 5'5"

HAIR COLOR: Black

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Brooklyn

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Starting, continuing, keeping it off. I am addicted to sugar and have zero energy or motivation for exercize.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am trying to be realistic about what I am capable of doing right now. And I want to live.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Not a whole lot. I'm a bit of a pessimist and a smart alec (sp?) but it's really a cover up for my mushy, chocolate coated interior.
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 01:32 AM   #208  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Sassy_Chick

Updated again......

Sassy_Chick's Bio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: March/2011

My Goal Weight is 150 lbs.

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Sassy_Chick/Sassy

BIRTHDAY: September 24th, 1974

MARITAL STATUS: Married 13 years on 9/26/2011

SPOUSE’S NAME: Hubby

CHILDREN/AGES: none as of yet due to PCOS

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: movies, music, chatting online, reading, writing, traveling, walking outdoors when I can, dancing (although I haven't in a LONG time!), shopping

PETS: Three very spoiled Rotten Cats, Baxter, Bella, and the latest addition, Brandy -- My Puddy passed away in March of 2007.

TOP WEIGHT: A LOT

CURRENT WEIGHT: TOO MUCH!

GOAL WEIGHT: 140-150

HEIGHT: 5'4

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: South Western, OH

E-MAIL ADDRESS: PM me and I might give it to ya...

HOMEPAGE URL: PM me and I might give it to ya....

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not giving up when I slip up.......

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Well this time it was my Uncle who just died on Thursday. He has had several heart attacks and later had Cancer. He was only in his late 50's or early 60's. I should have gotten it together all those years ago (2007) when my mother found out she had a blockage in her right artery. My mom is NOT overweight at all. She is very thin. That could easily be me and as I told my DH, it SHOULD be me, not her! If I don't get it together soon, I'm afraid it will be me.

I've been overweight most of my life. Only time I wasn't was BEFORE 9 years of age. At 9 yrs of age my parents got a divorce. That may have been why I got so big and have this Food Addiction.

My family was NOT supportive when I was little they would infact make fun of me. Not ALL my family, my mom and grandmother were wonderful. It was mostly the men folk, my grandpa, uncles, and yup even my biological father.

I lost 50 lbs when I was a senior in HS and I looked and FELT great and even the "Cool" kids came up to me and told me so. I so want to go back to that weight, 170. Most may think that is still too heavy, but for me it was a life changing experience. I was wearing size 13/14 jeans and I looked pretty good, I dunno how some people who are 170 can wear size 8 jeans, because I never could, I must be truly "big boned". I wanted to ultimately get down to 150 and that is where I want to get down to now. I don't think I will ever be a "Small" person. I just don't have the right body frame for that. I have my grandmother's body frame, which is larger. My parents are both very small, I didn't inherit that, unfortunately.

Basically, I just wish I could lose this weight once and for all and keep it off, I don't want to die at age 40 or even 50. I want to have children and to be able to run and play with them and not have them be embarrassed by me.

Guess I should end now before I write a novel!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 03-19-2011 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Updated.......Again
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:59 PM   #209  

Default let me introduce myself...

DATE: June 13

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Bonnie-licious... (i think you can guess that my real name is Bonnie.)

BIRTHDAY: January 4th

SPOUSE’S NAME: God only knows

CHILDREN/AGES: Not applicable

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, singing, swimming, biking, movies, party-lite, laughing, nursing

PETS: German-Shepard-husky (Bacardi), bechan schitzu (Jaspar) a couple of kitties (seagram and breezer)

TOP WEIGHT: 248lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 242lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 140lbs-160lbs

HEIGHT: 5'4""

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Dark blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Im an OILERS FAN ... u figure it out :P

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Urges to binge and lack of stamina/easy frustration and quick "give-up" time.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am encorporating exercise into my life more (yesterday i bought a bike and i am now biking to work instead of driving) .. I moved into the city from the country 2 months ago, and walking is now a much more common activity in my life and i am striving to make it a steady occurance. I am telling everyone about my efforts so that I will be more likely to stay on track. IE. when going out for dinner, i tell the people im with that i am trying to eat healthy instead of keeping it quiet, that way, I have more pressure to choose a healthier option. I am getting encouragment from family/friends/co-workers. And... i have started a weight-loss blog on blogger.com it is called "In all honesty"..if you want to see it go to www.in-all-honesty.blogspot.com. I am trying to write in it daily and keep myself encouraged. Also, this is my first time at a weight loss message board .. so i AM doing many things differently this time AND I WILL SUCCEED!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am a very beautiful girl and im sick of sitting on the sidelines and hearing "she has a cute face" ... I am DAMN hot! and I want good sex.. so for these reasons and MANY MANY more... I am renewing my committment to a healthy lifestyle today.
Also, I started my "healthy lifestyle" switch on June 1st, 06. Today is day 13, and although I get my lull in motivation now and then, I have kept going and I will keep going. Please visit my blog!! i need encouraging comments!!
Thanks!!
Bonnie-licious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #210  

Smile Howdy!

DATE: June 20, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Stephanie

BIRTHDAY: Jan. 12

MARITAL STATUS: Divorce

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES: 18 yr old boy

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Silver jewelry maker

PETS: I wish I had 2 dogs, but the landlord won't let me have any dogs

TOP WEIGHT: 308

CURRENT WEIGHT: 300

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5' 6"

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Northern California, USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: needing chocolate & sweets before my period.