Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 06:04 PM   #136  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

I'm sorry for your loss... at least she's not in pain and you can both be there with her.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:43 PM   #137  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Lovebirds, hugs to Tuffy. Losing a pet is like losing a family member. I hope you all find peace soon.

Aunty Jam, I have felt like you before, like you are alone. If there is one thing I've learned it's that things always change. Until then, we are here for you everyday.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:00 PM   #138  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

OK, I guess the computer decided my last post was long enough and cut me off! So...

I realized tonight that I could not continue to eat as well as I have (and I haven't been perfect) without exercise. I think it's the only thing keeping me sane. I've begun to really use it as a stress release and a mood changer. One thing I hate about dieting or trying to change my bad eating habits is the terrible mind games it leads to. I made a deal with myself to eat below a certain calorie limit but if I get near it or get my calories from unhealthy foods I begin to mentally beat myself up. The exercise helps quiet the voices, at least temporarily. Have any of you found this? In the year 2000 I lost 55lbs on weight watchers and didn't workout at all. Now I don't think I could do it, just due to the mental apect, not the physical necessarily. Know what I mean?

Good night ladies and I hope we all have a good week.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #139  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for everyone's support and good wishes. There is no change in Tuffy's condition this morning. The vet wants a ridiculous $130 for euthanasia. Today being Monday, we'll be looking around for other vets.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Old 02-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #141  
Mrs. Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4under5 View Post

Tuffy is actually coming around, some. Turns out it's not death throes after all, but one seizure after another, which is almost as bad. We'll need to take her back to the vet. Either we can control the seizures and she'll live out a good quality of life, or it will be as feared--a brain tumor--and we'll still need euthanasia. Maybe the vets that aren't open on Sundays won't charge as much, given the convenience factor.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

thanks love im feeling a little better..

Was stressed and down.
1. Had the big winterJam event (biggest christian concert of the year). I ended up being the local cordinator because my husband was in so much pain he couldnt do it. I had done all the work for it anyway. I spent from 2:30-11:30 making laps around the whole penn state areana checking on my volunteers and getting change for them then up and down steps to the catering room to catch dinner before they closed it. Up side I got to be around the artists all day! I could hardly walk sunday my feet hurt so bad today just my ankles are sore!

2. Stressed about money cause husband was off work for a few days and lost pay..

3. Friday when he went to the pain dr for his neck and back pain. He had started to have things going numb. His arm, jaw, up his head, shoulders, legs all would go numb at different times sometimes some last for and hour or more. Well they are trying to get an mri scheduled. The dr said he thinks there is more damage than originally from the mri last year. He thinks there is a nerve sac on the end of his brain stem. Dr. said hes only ever seen it be a tumor once in the whole time hes done this. Dr said he could dip him in morphine and it wont touch the pain. So I am on edge because of that.

4. Have the big youth event we are taking our youth to this weekend leaving Thurs and I feel very unprepared for it.

5. My laundry is very very behind

6. The boys school is soooo behind from all this stuff going on

7. The 4 yr old foster boy i got is pushing it. I like kids and Im patient with them but he has worn my patience thin. Tonight I made him scrub off the crayon on his inside door post he colored up the whole thing. I come out of my room and he had put the rag down and was coloring it with a crayon where he just cleaned. I yelled at him and so did my husband so i took what i thought was all the crayons and left him to scrub while i got dinner ready. I went up after dinner and he had scrubbed most off but then colored on the bottom with another crayon. I asked where is the crayon..."i dont know" I got in his face and said WHERE IS THE CRAYON..."maybe behind my dresser" I said GET IT...sure enough over he went and pulled the same colored crayon right out...AT 4 he colored on what he just scrubbed then hid the crayon...AHHHHHHH

8. I have no motivation to even flipping do ANYTHING....probably because o meds. i got my meds filled last nov. 4th and I still have some left. so I really havent been taking them right. i need to either get back on them or drop them!

I am sure there is stuff I am forgetting. I was actually feeling like not posting because I have soo many problems at the moment...I dont know but I did!

love-sorry about your cat. We had a dog and all the sudden on day she was laying under a desk and started flipping all over the place and then just fell over I watched my dad give her mouth to mouth and try to get her back but she was gone...she had a tumor or something in her head that burst. We have had 3 different animals i have watched grow old and go down health wise. My cat from when I was little we had to give meds every day in order for her to live longer. So I hope if its possible she can get meds and live longer!! No animals arent people but sometimes they are the ones there when no one else is!

Sorry didnt get to other personals just dont have it in me...read them just cant seem to post right now
Old 02-02-2010, 06:38 AM   #143  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

hello ladies -

Mrs. Brady, I am so sorry about Tuffy's condition. It is so hard to deal with, isn't it

momof4, oh my gosh you've got a lot going on! best wishes on outcome of DH's MRI. Sorry that he is in such pain!

hopeforme - I just know that if you added consistent exercise to your calorie control, you'd get even more results. I know how hard it is to work it into your day, and stick to it...but I'll be your if you need one

Purefire, good luck on your finals week this week. And I'm sorry about your friend with all the issues, you are a good friend to just be there for her. And gosh, I wish I had the problem of not having enough calories for the day, that will never ever be a problem for me

Hi Aunty Jam, well poop to those friends who haven't tried to call you!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:52 AM   #144  
Mrs. Brady

Good morning ladies. Got up to take care of Tuffy, take her to the litterbox and coax some water down her throat. Thought I'd check the board while I'm up, but I really need to go back to bed. Gotta wake up in a little more than 2 1/2 hours and start my work day.

Tuffy doesn't like being confined to a padded cat carrier, but that's safest for her. Most of the time she's asleep, but she meows when she needs care. Thank God she still has that ability.

Hubby will handle the vet business this afternoon, trying to find a reasonably priced one, to get her on anti-seizure meds. That will have to be his project, since I'm gone during the day. He works second shift, so he cares for Tuffy during the day and I do it in the evenings.

Good night.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:58 AM   #145  
Mrs. Brady

By the way:

This is Tuffy.

Her full name is Tuffy Love Kittycat. Given what she's been through, I would say this is the right name for her. She's a Tuffy, she's a Love, and she certainly is a Kittycat.

I *gotta* pull myself away from this site and get back to bed!
Closed Thread