Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 11:08 AM   #1  

Unhappy Looking for a forum to call home

Hi Everyone,
I've been a registered member here for about a year but never found a place to call home.

I have suffered from PMDD for most of my adult life and since the birth of my daughter 2 1/2 years ago have suffered severe mood swings and boughts of depression. I currently take Effexor but not really pleased with the results from it. I took Celexa for a year and a half with great results but had to stop taking it do to a very RARE side effects (I lost half my hair). I've tried other medications without much relief. My husband and I both believe i have a hormone imbalance but have yet to find a Dr. that will listen to me and do the appropriate test to find out for sure.

My weight has yoyoed signifigantly over the last year and i'm hoping that finding and giving support to others going threw the same things as i am will help me to stable out and gradually lose the weight i have to lose. I know that my weight only adds to the problem of the way i feel. I was able to lose about 43 pounds with WW but since having trouble with my medications i have put half of that back on. I am a comfort eater.

Ok now that i've given more info than most of you probably care to know, I hope I can be of support to some of you going threw the same things i am.
MrsM95
Old 05-06-2002, 02:31 PM   #2  

Default Welcome

Hi MrsM ,

Glad you could join us. I am sorry you have had such a rough time of it with medications. Please go back to your doctor and ask him/her about other medications or increasing your dosage. I don't know how long you have been on Effexor, but I do remember when I was on it, it took me a while to feel a change. I did eventually end up at double the starter dose... 300mg maybe?

I know what you mean about not finding a place. I lurk on several boards, but this one fits me.. at least for now.
Old 05-06-2002, 02:55 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

WELCOME MrsM !!

Yes I can relate to finding a home. I've been on several different weight loss sites and I can say this feels like home to me. I've met lots of great people and they've given me fantastic support (emotionally) when I've needed it the most. Some other sites make you feel like a # but not here, they are great. I post in a few places here at 3FC and never once did I feel out of place.

Hang with us, maybe we can help.

Love, Leens

Try reading some of the older posts here and you can get to know some of us nuts.
Old 05-07-2002, 09:06 AM   #4  

Angry Hello!

I pop in now and then. Everyone at this site is just wonderful and so supportive.

With LindaT and Leens, I've gone through weight loses and gains, death and many laughs. It's seems like yesterday when Leens announced her pregnancy and now her little one is growing up so fast! I remember the support I got here when my mother died. You can't find a more helpful group.

Visit us all often and let us know how you're doing.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:07 AM   #5  

Welcome MrsM...I have only recently stumbled upon this place but I have been around the 3fc site for 16 months and have met some great people here...hope you stay around and we get to know you better...Liz

Last edited by liz321; 05-07-2002 at 10:10 AM.
Closed Thread