Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-14-2008, 03:31 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Chickadee Chat: April 14th - 20th

Morning Girlies.

Another Monday -- Yuck!!! Lets hope the week goes by as fast as the weekend! (Yeah right!!!) lol.

I don't really have much to say..........So I just thought I'd wish you all a Great Week this week!!!!

to New Members -- Everybody is of course welcome!!

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:36 AM   #2  
~Believe~

Wink Previous Posts:

Here are the last 3 from the previous thread:

Good morning everyone!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!

switch! Look foreward to getting know you better. And yes you can grow some veggies in pots. When we lived in a townhouse we had tomatoes and I like having little "salad gardens" with the lettuce, radishes etc. And I know some people have even grown some carrots in a pot, so give it a try and have fun.

Joanne I'm so sorry to hear about your son. It must be so hard for you to have to watch I hope the journaling helps give the w/l a kick start, good luck.

shop glad things are going alright. My daughter was told that she will probably have to go on clomid whenever she wants to conceive, but we will deal with that bridge when we get to it. And its good to get rid of the toxic people from our lives.

Hey hope, sassy, emmy, leenie, cathy, amarie, heather and everyone else

I woke up with a yucky cold, not impressed, but what can I say its my turn. Yesterday was interesting, poor C only got to fight half a match (well if she held out for five more seconds she would have won) but her pinky toe got caught between two mats when she put her opponent into a hold down and she broke her toe! I had just left the tournament to take A to her job interview and C phoned to say she had dislocated her toe. Anyway, got her to the er and they xrayed and taped it and she's fine other than her other leg, which has a weak ankle is getting sore from hopping! One good thing was it relaxed A enough that it sounds like she had a really good job interview. She's usually so uptight for interviews that she comes across as lacking confidence.
Anyway a quiet day planned for here. I have to go to the drugstore and pick up more tape and gauze and neo-citran. Ah what a wonderful life At least the sun is out at the moment!

Well I should go and get dressed as hubby is outside so he'll be wanting to go soon.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day!
K
buddly is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Buddly

Old Yesterday, 09:14 PM #47
Sassy_Chick
Chocolate Rules!!!

S/C/G: Love Me the "Weigh" I am!! LOL

Height: ShortNSweetNSassy

Wink
Hi Girls...

Just a quick "post by" I am hungry -- haven't eaten yet so need to go and do that but just wanted to pop in and reply to whomever asked about growing veggies in a pot -- there is a new thing they advertise on tv where you can grow veggies in and it grows upside down on like a garden hook thingy. Hard to describe but it definitely would work for an apt or townhome!! I just looked it up it is called the Topsy Turvy and you can buy it I guess at any store, they showed one at Target for $9.99!!! I have thought about getting one for us with DH so into cooking now!!! So Good Luck!!!

BBL Ya'all!!

Sassy_Chick

Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM #48
hope4me
Black Team Member

S/C/G: 201/184/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies,

Just stopping by. I read all the posts but I'm having trouble digesting and remembering it all. sorry.

SteppingOut: I really need to start a journal too. I've always thought it would be a great idea. Do you ever worry about somebody reading it? I always picture something happening to me suddenly and then some family member coming across it. Crazy and silly isn't it? I know some of my friends have plans like:" If anything ever happens to me, get rid of the box under my bed before my mom finds it and thinks less of me!"

I did a 5k walk in the park today for the 3fc challenge. Gotta run. I'm up to my eyeballs in puppies!!

Check in tomorrow.

Hope
Old 04-14-2008, 09:16 AM   #3  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

OK, I'm a dork. I just deleted a long post. I don't have the heart or the time to retype it.

In short gotta take Miko and Nori to the vet this morning.

Have a great day all.

BBL
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

I want my weekend back I spent the whole weekend messing with computers and linksys wireless stuff that got reset from a power surge, even tho they are all plugged into surge protectors. And then somehow a bunch of adware and popup junk got thru my antivirus and has one of the computers royally messed up. Anyway that took up way too much of my weekend and still isn't fixed.

I'm going to the eye doc this afternoon. Gonna see about some new cool/hip glasses. If I gotta wear them they may as well be cute - right?!?!. I can't see out of my contacts anymore bec they have one set up for close up, since I need bifocals, and one for far away, and I've just not been able to adjust to them like that.

I didn't get up early enough to do what I should have but I still did 1 mile with Leslie.

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #5  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

(((Drags self in))) Hi all.

I am super pooped today - I spent the whole weekend at an agility trial with my middle mut (yay - we got a Q and a ribbon)! It was 2 VERY long days, and I am exhausted. Plus, this am I decided to get up and do my run despite the tiredness, so up the exhaustion another level ....((snore)) what? Huh? did I doze off just now?

Oh, and I had a first this week since I really started this journey this time - my weight went up this week. Normally, this would send me into a downward spiral, but this time it just doesn't seem to bug me too much. Huh. Maybe thats the prozac, or maybe I'm just to tired. Either way - it'll come back off this week if I keep working hard and watch what I eat.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing great! I have to go read all the posts from this weekend and catch up - I'll be back after!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:29 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

hey girlies!

I had a great week off (spring break) and it was REALLY hard going back to work today.

I spent the weekend with my mom for her birthday and worked my weekend job yesterday.

Needless to say, I did NOT want to wake up.

But I got energized by the post on Weight Loss Support about portion control and have been measuring and counting my calories today. I even ordered a food scale! It was not that expensive and I thought worth the payoff.

SO let's see how this works. I eat very balanced meals, but I also love to cookso my meals have always been high fat. (makes it taste good!)

I'm really learning new things here and am sort of blown away paying attention to portions/calories. I can understand why I've gained so much weight.

Hope all y'all are well.
jerzygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:40 PM   #7  
Starting Again

Hi all,

The dogs and errands are taking up a lot of my time. Today so far is the first day I haven't overeaten in a long time. I just did a workout from exercise tv. It was Jackie Warner's (from Bravo's show 'Workout') upper and lower body workout. My gosh I was sweating! It gets in cardio at the same time. I highly recommend it. There is also a core workout that I didn't try yet.

I've been using exercise to fight the extreme anxiety that is trying to take over me. I hate that feeling you get with anxiety. It's almost like when you were a kid and you knew you were in trouble and the dread of punishment was overwhelming. I hate it. Oh, I said that already!

Amarie: Yea, your body is probably just too tired. You'll probably see a bigger drop next week than usual. Weird how that happens sometimes.

Jerzy: It's shocking when you really pay attention to calories and portion control. When I think about it I can't believe I'm not bigger than I am now.

Cathy: Good for you and Amarie in still getting your workouts in.

What's everyone up to?

Heather? Don't forget to let us know your still kickin once and a while!
Old 04-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #8  
Just keep moving ...

Hi all!

Hope - Anxiety sucks. I hate it too.

Cathy - Did you find killer new glasses? I bet you look awesome in them!

Jerzy - I love journaling. Everyone keeps asking me how I'm losing the weight I am, and I have to admit I'm pretty much doing the same thing I've done before without success, only this time I measure and journal religiously. Hmmm.... connected much?

Well girlies, I am less than proud of my choice for dinner last night - I ate a slice of pecan pie. Sigh. Well, I also ate a frozen chicken marsala, so it wasn't a total bust, but still. Pie. I think it was because I seriously whopped my head standing up under an open cupboard door. So with already being tired, and a little egg growing on my head I just wanted comfort food and voila JUST HAPPENED to have a slice in my fridge.

Today is going OK. I may have to rethink how long I'll be able to stay at this job before I go back to school. My dedication has totally disappeared, and my boss keeps asking me to head up projects that will take longer than I have left. So, part of me wants to just walk away now but I know I can't afford to. Ugh. I hate being a bad employee, though. And even if they're evil, they do pay well...

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

hey ladies.

tax day!!! what a stressful day for everyone. the road to the post office is so backed up!!! mine are filed. e-filing is my friend.

today is the biggest loser finale!!!

i have been watching the season with some friends. i had planned to go over to watch it tonight but he hasn't texted back. this is a very insecure friendship for me. i never feel like he's really into it. i just second guess constantly and tonight hasn't made it better. we planned tuesday to watch it and i texted today asking if he was watching. he said "yep" but then didn't write back when i asked if i should come over. so i'm home. i'm not confident enough to go over without hearing back.

ugh. this kind of thinking totally sucks, but i am going to really analyze it in therapy this week. i have no reason to think he doesn't like me and so i think this is a perfect example of distorted thinking. do any of you have trouble with this???

enjoy TBL tonight!!
jerzygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:17 PM   #10  
~Believe~

Wink Hey Gang........

Hi Gang......

Well the weather has certainly gotten a lot better. Hopefully it stays that way on the weekend!!!

Cathy -- Computers, fun aren't they? lol. Yeah you can certainly spend a lot of time trying to get them to do what you want them to do! lol. I think you'll be very happy with your new glasses, I absolutely love mine. They make them so small and thin now, it is like your not even wearing them at all!

Jerzey -- My DH just bought a scale, he is into cooking now a days. I don't use it though because I am on the Paul McKenna Plan, which works for me, I know its not for everybody. I wish you luck!!! I used to do the same thing with friends, then I just stopped caring about it. I figure either people like me or they don't and there is nothing I can do or say to change that because I refuse to kiss anybodys butt. lol. So I say just chill for a while, don't text him or anything, let him come to you. But that is just me.

Hope -- WTG on the exercise, glad it is benefiting you in more ways than one. Yes Anxiety is a very frustrating thing.

Amarie -- Aw one slice of pie is ok.......sorry you hit your head, I hate that....I hear ya on the job dedication thing. My went out the window once they separted my and DH's shifts. That was the whole entire point of me working at this place to begin with, so we could ride together and save on gas $$. But ya know, gotta have $$..........

Old 04-16-2008, 10:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

I did 2 miles this morning

I ended up having to completely restore the computer with the spyware and adware problems. Finally got all that redone last night and then tried again to hook up the wireless stuff but it seems to be fried from the power surge even. I'm thinking about a Belkin wireless rather than Linksys. What do y'all use? anybody have something they really like?

The weather here in Louisiana has been absolutely beautiful. cold in the mornings and cool in the afternoons with no humidity. gosh it's nice. but it won't last for long so i'm not taking it for granted it

what's everybody up to today?
i've got to get to work
hope everybody has a blessed day
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:43 PM   #12  
Just keep moving ...

Hullo!

Cathy - 2 miles rocks - you are still my am exercise inspiration!

Jerzy - Oh, hun... I hear you on the insecure friendship thing. I do that A LOT. I get way stuck in my head making up stories about what every little thing means, and in reality... who knows? All I know is those stories AREN"T reality, even if they might be good guesses. Have a good go at the issue in therapy, maybe you and your therapist can pry loose some old imbedded pattern that causes that kind of thinking. Hey, at least you can observe that you are thinking that way and want to change it! Kudos for that!

Sassy - Haha.. you and I could probably swap stories about sucky jobs. Thanks for the boost about the pie - it really was just one slice, whoopdedoo! I'm human, and I like food. Those kinda things are bound to happen, right?

How is everyone else doing today? Hope, Heather, Emmy, Leenie, Buddly, Francie, everyone else too? I hope your day is sunny and filled with flowers!

I'm not doin much here other than being a mediocre employee today. Well, that's not true - I went for my run again this am. I'm up to (2) 8 min jogging intervals! Woohoo! I'm really enjoying it. This weekend I am going to a fancy schmancy party with a friend. Its a fund-raiser dinner auction. I want to give myself a pedicure to go with my cute, strappy red sandals. What color nail polish should I go with that won't steal the attention from the shoes? Thoughts?

Toodles!
Old 04-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #13  
Starting Again

Hi all,

Not too much going on today. I played pool last night and I played a guy who before our match had this to say about it: "Oh, this won't take long." What a jerk! Well, being a smarta$$ doesn't pay because I beat him! Take that!
Maybe he'll keep his mouth shut next time.

I also found out from my friend that they haven't filled the position at her company yet, so I may still get it. What the heck is taking so long? I know they need somebody and just lost another employee. The lady who liked me so well is overwhelmed with all the work. I may send her a written note saying I'm still interested and maybe she'll get on their case to make a move.

I need to go and get a workout in. The days seem short when you get up at 11am.

Cathy: I admire your computer expertise. I think I'll try to match your 2 miles in a few minutes.

Amarie: How I love pecan pie. From the looks of your progress it isn't going to hurt you as long as it's not everyday. I wouldn't worry about it.

Jerzy: I'm glad a woman finally won TBL! Our hormones are just stacked against us. I hate being unsure where I stand with someone. I sometimes second guess things too much too. I'd be interested to hear what the therapist says about it.

Leenie, Steppin, Buddly, Sassy, Heather, Shop, Emmy, Stitch, etc,

The weather is nice here too. Maybe I'll do my walking outside.

BBL

Last edited by hope4me; 04-16-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

hey gals, popping in on here again... i'm feeling really down and discouraged again with no real reason. i'm on lexapro and it's really made a huge improvement but sometimes i just get in these deep blue funks - i WANT to do things but i just can't get myself to do them; i'm too down to go about my day. do you girls get like this? i'm not sure if it's my life or meds or if it's just normal.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #15  
Starting Again

Hey Iris. Normal, what is that? These unexplainable down times do come with depression, for me it's just a matter of how often. I have been on some meds where they happen less than others. Sometimes it is just life. You are not alone. I spent most of last year not being able to get myself to do anything. I wanted to as you said, but I just couldn't. Right now, exercise is helping me. Of course if you are in the midst of a down time, you probably can't muster the energy to do it. You just have to start when a lighter time shows up. Eating right helps regulate your mood too. Of course these are the things I struggle with constantly. Just make sure you stay connected and get some support when these happen and talk to your dr. if it is too often or severe.

Amarie: You must have posted as I was writing mine earlier. Let's see, red strappy sandals... I don't know. I think if your toenails matched with a red it would draw all the attention to your feet. Or if you don't want to match maybe a french manicure or a nude?

I ended up walking one mile outside and 2 miles with WATP. Yay! Then it was a downward spiral of chips/salsa, wings, gyro, fries, and a margarita. Ooh, it makes me sick just to type it. Don't you feel better about that pie Amarie?