Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-30-2010, 07:30 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 215/185/150

Height: 5'6"

I am also and take Seroquel. But I only take 50 - 75 mg> (usually 50) at night for sleep. I usually don't go to bed. until about 10:30 or 11, but I have found that if I take is around 9 or so I fall asleep as soon as I hit the bed and I sleep very well and I waje up the next morning feeling great. If I take it later, sometimes it's hard toi get going in the morning. I also used to have very vivid, weird dreams, but I don't do that anymore. My weight haven't changed since I started, but it may not since I am on such a low dose. I just need to exercise more
mom with issues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'8"

Seroquel has definitely played a huge role in my weight gain. Since starting it 4 months ago, I've gained roughly 15 pounds. The gain is rapid, too. One Monday, I wore a pair of jeans that were a little baggy on me. On Thursday, they seemed tight. By the next week it was a struggle to get them over my hips. My once baggy jeans now give me muffin top. I'm trying to work with my doctor on finding something that won't make me gain weight.
homebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:59 AM   #33  

Default No judgement!

Everybody's brain is different as are our reactions to Seroquel and other meds. Just because some people are able to keep the weight off with diet and exercise doesn't mean that people who can't are somehow failing. This drug messes with your blood sugar so some people gain weight even with a restricted diet. One thing my doctor did was put me on metformin, which can help with the effect the seroquel had on your blood sugar. That helped a LOT, but didn't take all the weight off. I love seroquel it's kept me out of the hospital for three years, but I have to go off it for a time as I am preparing to try to get pregnant. I had to stop so much other medicine that my body is waaaay out of whack and I've actually gained weight (NOT FAIR!) I'm hoping diet and exercise will get me back on track.
Usedtobeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:17 AM   #34  

Are you still on seroquel & if not have you been able to lose the weight? I have gained 25 pounds and haven't changed my diet in anyway, makes me feel horrible ahou myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteen View Post
Seroquel.....

Let's see.

I was put on in it for severe insomnia.

Gained 50 lbs. in about a year. I was RAVENOUS on seroquel. Heard similar experiences of extreme weight gain.

Not fun.
sydlars10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:20 AM   #35  

Are you still on seroquel & if not have you been able to lose the weight? I have gained 25 pounds and haven't changed my diet in anyway, makes me feel horrible about myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebody View Post
Seroquel has definitely played a huge role in my weight gain. Since starting it 4 months ago, I've gained roughly 15 pounds. The gain is rapid, too. One Monday, I wore a pair of jeans that were a little baggy on me. On Thursday, they seemed tight. By the next week it was a struggle to get them over my hips. My once baggy jeans now give me muffin top. I'm trying to work with my doctor on finding something that won't make me gain weight.
sydlars10 is offline   Reply With Quote