Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-29-2007, 05:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/224/140

Height: 5' 1"

Default looking for inspiration/support

hi all, i'm new to all this so i'll introduce myself - my name is shona and i'm 25 years old and live in ayrshire in scotland with my wonderful fiance ross. for past 18 months now i've been on a bit of a downward spiral as far as my weight is concerned - started of with stress, panic/anxiety attacks and chest pains which led me to becoming depressed. have been on citalopram now for about 6 months which have helped a lot with my mood and i think i'm ready to stop taking them. problem now i desperately need to lose weight probably about 6 stone at least - too scared too weight myself but i think i will go to weight watchers tonight and face the music - i'm guessing i'm maybe just over 16 stone now which for a wee person (5' 1") is a lot!!!!!! i'm a big comfort eater and have been eating a lot for past year so am finding it very difficult to start but tonight i'm going to join ww - no excuses! my problem is i think that i'm gonna lose it overnight and i get very frustrated - also my fiance can eat whatever he likes and not put on weight which doesn't help when he wants to order takeaways all the time supposed to be getting married next august but i have put it off because of my weight - no way am i walking down the ailse this size! anyway if anyone can give me any advice it would be much appeciated thanks for reading and i'll keep u updated on how i go tonight xxx Shona xxx
shona1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Welcome Shona! I am also a classic comfort eater, your in the right place for support and motivation!!

Good luck at WW tonight, hope you come home feeling inspired and motivated! Keep us updated! Remember the slower you lose it, the longer it will stay off, and if you deprive yourself too much of the things you love that will end in a binge! Its taken me a year to lose my weight so far, still lots to go but im happy with slow and steady!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/224/140

Height: 5' 1"

hi, got weighed tonight came in at 224.5 lbs i was expecting it anyway - doesn't make it any easier tho. main thing is i've started now, you have done really well to lose 32 lbs thats great. i know i need to be realistic now and take it slowly - its only way i've got a chance of losing it. well hoping this is gonna be the start of a good week. shona x
shona1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Shona,

I hope we can help you along the way. It can be a difficult journey but the ladies here are so supportive it makes it a lot easier. Good luck.
settie is offline   Reply With Quote