Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-26-2007, 11:22 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekly Chat: December 26th - January 1st

Good Morning Ladies,

Cathy its good to see you. I'm glad your Christmas was wonderful. DH asked me what I wanted so I told him an iPod never dreaming he'd get me the one that plays movies. I figured I could use one when I take my DD to her activities... now I can watch movies while I'm waiting for her Hope santa was good to you too.

I'll be off to karate in a little while, then home for left over lasagna I'm trying to lay off all the crap today, my body feels icky and needs veggies, light food.... To much sugar / butter these past few days.

How is everyone ???

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:42 PM   #2  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi All.....

Glad you all had a Great Christmas.......Only 6 1/2 more hours for me to go! My boss called, said I could leave an hour early in the AM. Which is good news.

Oh DH heard about the supervisor job -- he didn't get it. He is kinda bummed about it of course, but like I told him, maybe he is meant to get something better........I know that doesn't help any, but you never know.

Leenie -- I had Lasagna too! lol. It was one of those light meals. Wasn't nearly enough, but oh well, guess I need to get used to eating less again! lol.

That is about all from my end, at least for now.

Take Care Everybody!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:07 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Not much going on today and I love it, my kitchen is a disaster LOL and I have tons of laundry to do/fold/put away.

Sassy sorry DH didn't get the job and I am a firm believer that something else will come...not in our time but in Gods, so we need to learn patience. Trust me, I know its hard, especially when the tunnel seems so dark all the time and you never see the light at the end....but you will. Hope your having a good day nonetheless

Happy Thursday Everyone

Leenie
Old 12-27-2007, 10:37 AM   #4  

Hi ladies,
Sorry it has been so long since i posted. This winter really has me struggling with my moods. I think if i was more healthy i would be less depressed but my depression makes me less healthy sometimes. I feel like i am in between a rock and a hard place.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:48 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around. Glad to hear that everyone had a nice Christmas. Ours was as well. My mom, sister and sister's boyfriend came out for dinner, so it was really nice. Now that the fun is over I have to get on track and tackle the disaster we call "home"! Hubby is looking after the office this week so he's close to home which is nice as we've been getting snow and our roof needs to be shoveled off. Ah the fun and games of winter, at least the days are going to start getting longer so all is good! Not to mention the snow sure looks beautiful in the sunshine.

No plans for new years eve except to get a platter of veggies and dip and a lot of movies, our usual.

Sassy sorry about your hubby and the job. I'm sure the next one will be better. Drive safe.

Leenie congrats on the ipod. I have an mp3 player that I really enjoy for walks and while waiting. I keep a crossword book in the van to do while C is in judo or when I have to get A from school.

Cherryautumn, Hi! just keep plodding along one step at a time, thats all we can do Winters are so hard. I remember complaining to my mom one day that I had wasted a sunny day and my floor didn't get washed and she couldn't understand what the sun and my floor had in common. So I had to explain that I had to do things when the sun was out or else I couldn't do them at all, I was completely zapped of energy. Now that I have my golite, I joke that I'm solar powered and I'm powering up in the morning. I hope you feel better soon.

I should go and get some stuff done.

Take care and have a wonderful day all!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:31 PM   #6  
~Believe~

Hi Ladies.........

Nothing much going on here. Just relaxing. I slept like the dead today.....lol. Guess I was really tired. lol.

To Everybody: Thanks for your support for DH, but I know he'll be just fine and he is meant for something better. Glad you all had a great holiday. I wish you all a Very Happy New Year and hope that all your dreams come true.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:05 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

Today we are off to a birthday party (in NY State OY VEY) 3 days after Christmas...in the biggest mall of the area...people are NUTS. But if I don't bring DD she will be so upset b/c the kids talk about it in school. Dangnabit lol.

Then I have to clean out my car, its filthy. Then the rest of the day is mine whats left of it LOL

How are you all doing today?? TGIF ??

Old 12-28-2007, 10:36 AM   #8  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Mornign all!

Makes no difference to me whether or not it's Friday - still the holidays!

No news here - back to good eating - gotta do some damage control! Planning to get some skiing in tonight if the weather holds for us; nothing else planned - ahhh... another lazy day... hmmm, all these 'lazy days' are adding up!!

How are you all doing??

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:37 AM   #9  
~Believe~

Red face Ever just feel like the world doesn't like you much??? lol.

Hey all.

Have ever felt like just everything in the world keeps going wrong for you? I have been feeling that way all day/night/morning. Just different things going on. I know its probably just a coincidence, but just feels like there is almost an evil person watching me pushing a button over and over again for bad things to happen. lol.

Anywho, thanks, thanks, thanks for all the well wishes again for DH. We will be fine, no worries, we are fine and yes, I know there will be better things coming, so its okay........we're okay, really. You all are truly awesome, but just letting you know, we're okay. Thank You All

Well thanks for listening. You all are truly awesome people. You all are doing terrific and I wish you all the best in 2008!!!! I hope its all you want and more!!!!

So thank you all.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:57 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Heather I hope you had fun skiing.... I always wanted to learn but was to afraid to... keep picturing myself as one of those people at a ski lodge with a huge cast from the foot to the hip on LOLOL

Sassy, hopfully in 2008 things will turn around for you.... think positive and smile

Got lots to do today, clean my car, karate, zoo, uhhh calgon

You all have a wonderful Saturday and behave

Old 12-29-2007, 09:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

I slept til 8:00 this morning. that is very late for me. guess I'm pooped. I had to work yesterday and I have to say that I am overwhelmed right now with all the year end paperwork that I have to do but hey - it will get done.

I'm taking down the Christmas decorations today but first I've got to do some walking. I walked yesterday too. Like Heather....I'm back to good eating and exercising. I am THRILLED to report that I did not gain anything over the holidays. I can remember the years when I would gain 5 to 7 lbs from Thanksgiving to New Year, but no more for me I've worked hard to keep it under control. It's just too hard for me to take it back off so I have to

Well I better get myself going if I'm going to do it all today

hope everybody has a great day!
hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 12-29-2007 at 09:41 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:45 AM   #12  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning chickies!

Cathy, great to see you, and good for you - I'm determined to look at the holiday as a success, too - doesn't matter if I didn't lose - so long as through my 'damage control' I didn't gain!

Leenie - I was a terrible skier in my 'fatter days' - it was a successful day if I didn't fall over! I have to admit to being far more confident now and so much stronger! AND - I still worry I won't fit on the lifts, because I forget that I don't weigh almost 300 pounds anymore! It's all good

Sassy, girl - I'm thinkin' of ya - hang in there!

Cherry - same to you, bud - big comin' right atcha!

Buddly - so glad to hear you had a great Christmas, and I have to ask - why do you shovel your roof?? Oh my gosh - I have never shoveled my roof!

Nothing of excitement here, chicks - just being a very good girl with food and exercise - quite determined to hit 100lbs lost in early January! Today is a running day, so I'm off to do that before I decide sitting on my keester sounds more appealing!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:53 PM   #13  
~Believe~

Hey all.

Thanks I am just fine, honestly..........was only making a statement really. lol.

to all.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:42 PM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Afternoon,

We had a late night so we woke late today, I can't believe its almost 2 PM.

Heather, you ROCK !! 100 lbs in January, you go girl.

Cathy, sorry ya had to work Hope today's a better day. I started taking down some decorations but I think next saturday I'll take the tree down.... love keeping it up.

Sassy girl, whatcha doing this new years?

Do you chickies do anything fun new years eve or are you all like me, a stay at homebody.

Well I cleaned my kitchen but its still a mess LOLOL and I did the living room, now I'm off to the grocery store

TTYL
Old 12-30-2007, 11:47 PM   #15  
~Believe~

Hi All,

I hope you all are well and I wish you all a Very Safe and Happy New Year!

I will be working, making all that extra $$ that we so desperately need! DH will be home all by himself unless he has a friend come over. His other friends are going out so they won't be home. I feel kinda bad that he will be home alone, but maybe his one friend will come, if he doesn't have any plans........He was going to work, since I am, but my co-worker wants the extra holiday $$, can't blame him, he has a new baby and could use it too.

Well Take Care and Keep Warm!!