Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-02-2007, 12:45 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Weekly Chat Sept. 2nd - 9th

Starting up a new thread................

Please join us in our weekly chat if you are feeling blue or if you are depressed, join us, won't you? Even if you aren't, maybe come in and spread some with us?

Shy!

Thanks Everybody.

Tonight I've just been feeling blue. No real reason really. I just think its just one of those times ya know?

Leenie -- I love Mr. Bean! I wanna see his new movie too! lol.

Well sorry I don't have a lot to say............

I hope you all are doing well!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:48 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Sassy girl, thanks for starting the thread up, I didn't realize I missed sept 2nd on the title ROFL duh me. Hope your feeling better soon

Today I am exhausted, we went to the Land of Make Believe yesterday (a child's amusement and water park) that and having TOM for 9 days now is making me very tired...oy.

Other than that, I will try to get some cleaning done today and later its off to the lake. DD is going fishing with my DH and BIL with her barbie fishing pole LOLOL. I think I'll be reading a book while there out there in the choppy water LOL.

How about you ladies?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:26 AM   #3  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

I'm eating well, but the scale is still up and down each day - I blame ToM. Must run today and get the old body moving... hmmm, come to think of it, I haven't done any strength training in over a week, so I wonder... okay, that's a goal for September then.

Hope everyone is well and having a nice long weekend

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:11 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Happy Labor Day Y'All

Today I'll be laboring LOL, cleaning the closets out in DD's room and cleaning the computer room. Thats the room where I DUMP everything in a hurry.

Other than that....thats it...oh and food shopping.

What about you guys?

Old 09-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #5  
~Believe~

Cool Happy Labor Day!

Hi All and Happy Labor Day!

Hi Leenie -- I am Laboring too, at work. But making that extra money for it.

I attempted to speak to my boss about possibly adjusting my schedule a bit and I could tell he is not going to budge on it.

I was forced onto this shift and I feel like I deserve a little slack here and besides that, I am the Sr. agent and I train all the new employees, with no thanks or anything, I stay late, come in early, work holidays, and have excellent attendance, so yes I think I derserve it. All I want is a few hours adjusted or go from working 3 nights to 4 nights so I don't have to work all these long crazy hours. He says "There is a business need" that is BS. My counter-part who works opposite me, who has my old shift, works 4 - 10 hr nights and therefore leaves at 4 a.m., so why is it a business need for me to be here until 7 a.m.?

Yes she works weekends, but she also works two week nights as well. So I don't see what the difference is. We have a lady who comes in at 4 a.m. and another at 6:30 a.m. We really don't start getting busy until about the time I'm leaving, at 7 a.m., when the 3rd girl arrives.

I dunno guess I'm just frustrated. I cried almost all night Saturday night on my night off because I was thinking about coming back to work. Pretty dumb I know but I realized a job is not worth it. So either my boss does something or I'm outta here. I can't take it anymore, just not worth it to me. I feel like I am being "picked on" and I think its absolutely unfair. People have told me to go to HR about it, but I didn't want too, because I was afraid of the negative reprecutions. I heard that a girl on my team has already gone to HR about our "wonderful" boss already. I dunno..........

There is another opening that came in, it is for the same Manager I interviewed under last-time, so I may consider that. It would be M-F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. which I don't really want, but it would get me out of here at least. I figure I can apply for it and I don't have to accept it if I don't want too, but I can at least try.

Thanks for listening ladies...........

Old 09-04-2007, 07:12 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Sassy girl, did you tell your boss that these hours are affecting your marriage? maybe if you put it in serious terms he would understand better. If you just say to him (which I don't know how you are telling him) I want to change b/c I just don't like it...he might think ... yeah its a business thing. Say to him that you didn't want to tell everyone your personal business but these hours are unacceptable and you need to change (not want to change...you NEED to change). Good luck hon, I know how you've struggled with this.

Well I didn't get to clean the computer room yesterday but my DD and the car got cleaned out. So today its folding mounds of laundry, clean laundry room and other parts of the house....tomorrow is school !!!!

Whats up with you all?

Old 09-04-2007, 08:57 AM   #7  
Heather 2.0

Morning all Here's a goal for September - must post more regularly to keep myself on an even keel!

Sassy - I agree with Leenie - take a proactive step to set this straight. I can't imagine anything worse than being that unhappy at work Good luck!!

Nothing of news folks - life's still very complicated, and though I make conscious decisions to 'be happy', that is, as well all know, easier said than done. Hmph.

Looking forward to a new month Out with the old, and all that...

Is everyone having a great day? Hope so!!

Heather
Old 09-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #8  
Walking by faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Chick View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]

I heard that a girl on my team has already gone to HR about our "wonderful" boss already. I dunno..........

[COLOR]
Sounds like your boss has a problem. Maybe you need to join your co-worker in making your needs known to HR. It's very hard to do your best work when you're unhappy.

Leenie: I hope you're enjoying your 'vacation' .

Heather: Your positive attitude is inspiring!

Hope, Cathy, and everyone else

I've had a good weekend. Our little 'city' had their Annual 'Catfish Festival' Lots of pretty crafts and nice greasy Southern Style food ...which we didn't partake of!! We got to see Matt. He was working at the police station all weekend. We also went to see a Double A baseball game in Jax. The team didn't win, but we had fun anyway . It was the last game of the season for them; but I'm looking forward to the 21st. We're going to see the RED SOX in St. Petersburg, FL They should have clinched the AL East by then

Tonite is WW weigh in

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:35 AM   #9  
~Believe~

Cool Hi girls

Hi Girls.

My boss knows its affecting my marriage, its because I'm married is why I was moved to this stupid shift. My DH works here too, he still works Thurs - Sunday, like I used too. We are NOT in the same dept, however, we have the same stupid boss. Our boss decided that it was a business need to separate us, wanna know why? Because my grandfather died back in June or so, so of course my DH & I BOTH were off for that. That is why I'm on this shift. Its because he is TOO lazy too find coverage -- which is his job as the supervisor, not ours. If someone calls off or has an emergency, it is the supervisor's job to find coverage and not the employees. Also we have excellent attendance, so its not like we have or had an attendance problem.

He is very unsympathetic. You can talk to him until your blue in the face and it doesn't matter. I heard that my co-worker got brushed off by HR. She is going to the VP. I thought about it, but I don't want anymore negative reprecutions, its bad enough I'm stuck on this shift as it is.

Only thing I can hope for is that our boss is going to be demoted or fired soon. They put a person over our manager and him now, so everybody says that is a sign that they are going to get rid of those two idiots soon. I hope so.

It is so miserable here. Everybody is miserable though, not just me, so its not just in my head or anything like that.

All I can do is keep going until I find another position or a job.

Thanks for listening ladies and thanks for the advice.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:54 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Well, DD's first day of school is today, she almost cried going to the before care but when she saw the other kids starting to pile in the gym she was like "SEE YA MOM" which made me feel soooooo much better. I'm excited for her too.

Since I'm home allllll alone, guess my closet in my room is going to get a work over LOL, out with the old clothes for good. I'm such a pack rat.

Sassy, alot of companies are like yours. Where I work, they don't like it when families are in the same department either and they do separate them. I just hope the moral picks up by you

Heather, good goal for September. I agree posting more does help.

Joanne, hooray for Matt and I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend. How are you feeling?

Well I better run or my arse is going to grow roots into this chair..... lets see go back to bed, clean closet, go back to bed, clean closet....dang gum it...here I come closet LOL.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:58 PM   #11  
~Believe~

Red face Hi Ladies

Hi Ladies.

Leenie -- hope your DD's first day was great. good luck w/ your closet. Also DH & I do NOT work in the same dept. Our boss is just over both depts. Hope that makes sense? I can understand, but when I was hired in, they knew who I was and who I was married too and they checked it out w/ HR and everything and said it was ok. Here almost 2 yrs later, now we get separated, where before we never had any problems, it was just when our current supervisor became supervisor. He never liked that we got to work together, (he used to be a worker just like DH before coming supervisor) don't know why, didn't affect him, but he never liked it. So to me, its personal.

I could understand if it was policy, but its not. Its personal. But anyways. Guess no need in moaning and groaning over it, it will not change.

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend.

Thankfully this is my "Friday" so I will very happy after 7 a.m.!

I am going to enjoy myself too. So I won't be coming in here complaining. lol.

Have a good one and sorry to be such a downer lately.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:35 AM   #12  
Heather 2.0

Morning all!

Sassy - pop in anyway, girl!

I have a busy day today - dog to the groomer for a bath (I stopped bathing my own dog YEARS ago - it was NEVER worth cleaning up all the hair for the next three weeks!! ) and then I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon - and lots of errand running in between!

Hope everyone is having a peaceful, calm, happy day

Heather
Old 09-06-2007, 12:13 PM   #13  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody,

It's good to be back. I've got a lot of errands to do today too.

We had a good and tiring trip to my mom's. We power-washed her house. It took about 14 hrs altogether. She has a pretty big house with a lot of intricate details that take time. I'm glad though that we are able to help her out in that way. I know my dad would be very happy that we are helping take care of the her and the house. My aunt just happened to be moving as well and my fiance was able to do several things for her. Thank God for him and all he knows how to do. We may go back in a couple of weeks and do a couple more things and go on a motorcycle run with my uncle. I know my fiance wants to do the run and show off his new bike, but the only problem is that mom's house is 6 hrs away and the day after the run we have tickets to a Genesis concert in Washington DC, that's 2 more hrs from our house in the opposite direction. Not to sound old, but I don't know if I can hang.

I'll have to catch up on everybody's weekend later. Have a great day ladies!
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:50 PM   #14  
~Believe~

Talking Hola Chicas!

Hi Ladies!

Heather -- I know what ya mean. I don't have dogs, but I have a cat and my husband! lol........I don't bathe the cat, I have though before when we had a "flea" breakout once, years ago.......That was loads of fun. lol

Hi Hope that was nice of you and your fiance to help out your mom and aunt. I know what ya mean. Not sure if I could survive that long either. lol. Anymore seems like I am home-body. lol.

I'm just enjoying being off from work! Yippee! lol. I need to clean this place from top to bottom this weekend. Cleaning burns calories, right? lol.

We got some rain today! Not a lot but some!

Have a Great Weekend!

Old 09-07-2007, 10:36 AM   #15  
Heather 2.0

Hi all! I'm tired today, with still MORE errands to run (where do they pile up from? ) so I'm off...

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!!

Heather