3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Weekly Cackle - May 21st - May 28th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/113158-weekly-cackle-may-21st-may-28th.html)

Leenie 05-21-2007 09:00 AM

Weekly Cackle - May 21st - May 28th

Good Morning Ladies,

Hope your weekend was a blast. I finally go to scrub down my bathrooms and boy.... it feels good to have them sparkling clean (Yeah I'm Sick LOLOL).

Went to see Shrek 3 friday night. It was not like the first 2... a little dull in the middle but okay. The first two blew this one away. I think they tried to hard and made it more talking/adult.

Anywhoo...gotta run and say happy birthday to a friend.

BBL

HeatherAngel 05-21-2007 11:36 AM

Morning, all! :)

Leenie - when I went to the cinema on Friday night, I almost went to see Shrek 3 - glad I saw 'The Invisible' instead - LOL! I'll wait 'til S3 comes out on DVD.

Walked yesterday, and down another 2.5 lbs today (Monday is my weigh and measure day), so I'm happy with that.

Baaaaaad night last night - just got very, very low and started to cry. BUT - in a move that's very unlike me, I took an extra Seroquel, had a bath and went to bed. The extra medication has made me pretty dopey this morning, but it's a holiday up here in The Great White North, so I can get away with it :D Don't know what hit me - actually, maybe I do. Wednesday is my birthday - does it seem to anyone else that birthday's were SO fantastic when we were younger, and now they are kind of - I don't know - anti-climactic? I suppose it's the struggle to stay on an even keel thing... I WANT the excitement, but it just isn't there anymore at 38!! LOL

Oh well, I do feel better today, and am quite proud of myself for medicating and resting.

Hope everyone is in a happy, sunny, positive place!

Heather :D

hope4me 05-21-2007 01:57 PM

Heather: I want to be like you! You are kicking butt on the weight loss!:carrot:

I know what you mean about the b-days. As you age, you really kind of have to make an effort for them to be special. What I used to do was take the day off if I was working (I think it should be illegal to work on your b-day!). I would try to evaluate my life and set some new goals, do some kind of pampering, and try to do lunch AND dinner with a good friend or boyfriend. Sometimes I would get my friends presents on my b-day to let them know I appreciated them. Surprising others is always fun and rewarding. Usually after a day of pampering myself and others I would feel better. But also, having new goals and a plan made me feel hopeful. :)

Not much planned for today. It is a nice day here and I should really get out of the house. We'll see...

HeatherAngel 05-21-2007 02:34 PM

Hope - you are so awesome, I wish I could just walk right up to you and give you a great big :hug: !!!

I have a looong way to go to goal... but I'll get there!

Chat soon -
Heather :D

Sassy_Chick 05-21-2007 05:35 PM

My Drs. Appt. (if your interested) ;)

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know I just got back from my drs. appt. My A1C (Diabetes Test, checks my blood sugars for 3 months) is very high, so he gave me some new meds to try. My cholesterol is a tad bit high, so he is putting me on Lipitor. But my Good Cholesterol is only down one point! :carrot: I also have a Cat Scan scheduled for very early in the morning for my abdominal pain. The Ultrasound showed nothing, there were a few cysts, but he said they aren't the kind to worry about.

I did tell him about my awful exp. with the ultrasound tech and he was not happy at all about that. So I'm getting my Cat Scan done at the Hospital instead of the Clinic here in town. ;)

That is about it. Don't have much time to chit-chat, sorry. I have a lot to get done as we're going to pick my mother up tomorrow afternoon.

Ta Ta For Now!

:hug:

Kate109 05-22-2007 05:46 AM

Good morning!

I am proud to announce that I passed my exam on Friday! The presentation was a bit hard- I had to give a speech and I was soo sick because of the pain meds and the AD! But the result was ok.

Not so ok was that I was a bit...don´t know a better word...I envied the other students. Some of the them made really good marks. But I had a few self- pity hours, thinking: Hey, how unfair, it´s all easier for them! No depression, no pain while writing the exams, perfect skinny bodies....
And the Prof was busy flirting with them...Life´s unfair! :p

Heather: Congrats to your weight loss!! :D
Somehow, I love my birthday- and hate it at the same time. I love it because I still have a vision of a perfect birthday in my mind...presents, cake...And I hate it because in my case birthdays really show that I am quite lonely. Other people at my age celebrate with their boyfriend, their friends...big party...And I am alone at home, mostly with my mother and some relatives. I am lonely most time of the year, but it´s really visible around my birthday.

Hope everybody is having a nice day !

Kate :bunny2:

buddly 05-22-2007 05:49 AM

Hi everyone! :wave:

Just popping in.
Had a quiet weekend, so that was nice. Had a lot of weather, so that kept things interesting. When hubby got home on Sunday he told us about driving through a snow storm west of town and we heard that there was snow just north of us, I'm so glad I didn't have to see any of it!! I'm just so pleased that my rhubarb came back and the strawberry and raspberry plants are greening up in spite of the frost we've had. I can't say that I accomplished anything, but thats alright. Now back to the grind tomorrow. Only 19 or 20 school days left!!

Sassy I'm glad your doc appt wasn't to bad. Hopefully the cat scan will give you some answers.

Heather I'm glad you are feeling better and congrats on the weight loss and getting out for a walk. You are doing great!

Hope and Leenie :hug:

Welcome Ubercontralto, I hope you will carry on posting here and I look foreward to getting to know you better. This is a great site.

Well I better get off to bed as the alarm will be going off soon.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day!
K

Leenie 05-22-2007 08:45 AM

Hi Girls,

Good to see you :) Gotta do a quickie here :shrug:

Kate Congrats on passing your exam :bravo:

Heather your melting away chickie... GOOD JOB !!! keep it up.

Sassy, glad you told the doc about the nasty technician :hug: and I'm glad your visit went okay... hopefully you'll start feeling better FAST!!!!! Good luck with your CAT (when is it?).

Buddly... oh girl... snow is such a depressing word :lol3: Do you make strawberry pie? if so I'll send you my addy lol.

Hope whatcha up to today? did you get out of the house yesterday? speaking of melting ladies...your doing wonderful yourself there girl. Keep it up.

Cathy ???????? boo !

Well my dears, I gotta run.. so much stuff to do, so little time :faint:

Luv yah's.

hope4me 05-22-2007 02:12 PM

Hi All!

Kate: Yeah! It's over! And you did well! Maybe now you can concentrate on getting better mentally and physically. Life isn't fair, but maybe we can even the playing field a little by taking care of ourselves and improving.

Uber: Welcome! I don't know what Volumetrics is, but good luck. I do WW, that is, when I do something. Even though I've failed many times on the program, I still feel like it is the only thing that I could do long term or forever. You know, eat less and exercise. Look forward to getting to know you better.

I'm doing laundry today. How fun!:p Tonight we play pool with our league so that gives me something to look forward to. Good to hear from everybody. Check in later.

liz321 05-23-2007 12:12 AM

HI:wave:

Liz

Sassy_Chick 05-23-2007 03:14 AM

Morning all.

I know I should be sleeping, but its tough to just switch back to "days" (since my mom is here) I am just not tired yet. So figured may as well get up and do something, so I am doing laundry. I'm in DH's office, since my computer is out in the living room where my mom is..........

Yesterday we went everywhere........and I think I burned off about 1000 calories just sweating! It was HOT.....lol.....But we did do a lot of walking as well. So not exercise, but at least I was up and moving. ;)

Today we may go to the Zoo, but we'll see how we all feel, we can always go tomorrow.......

My Cat Scan was originally scheduled for yesterday morning, but we had so much going on yesterday, preparing for my mom coming up, I decided to reschedule it.

Anyway, not much to say...........

I hope you all are having a great day!

:hug:

buddly 05-23-2007 02:24 PM

Hi everyone :wave:

Nothing happening here. A and I went for a walk this morning and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine. A wonderful way to start the day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Take care,
K

hope4me 05-23-2007 03:08 PM

:) Hi ladies!

Nothing going on here either Buddly. It's sunny here too and I should go for a walk myself just to get out for a while.

I'm getting to a place where I don't know what to do with myself. I'm not so down any more that I'm immoble, but I'm not setting the world on fire either. I'm having trouble seeing a future (like you mentioned b4 Buddly), and I'm struggling with living in the present too. I think I'm basically still hiding and avoiding life. :(

How many times can I say that I need a job, but I'm not looking? I wish I didn't have to work, but I do. I have debt to pay off and regular bills. Although my fiance makes good $, it's not really enough to pay both off our bills and still put a good chunk of cash into retirement for both of us. ( We are both behind on retirement.) Besides, it's not fair to him anyway. Our original agreement was not for me to stay home.

Weight loss has long since stopped and I'm gaining. I always 'just knew' how great life could be if I was thinner (been there and it was), but now I'm having trouble seeing the benenfit to losing when I could be medicating with whatever I want to eat anytime.

I can remember being in high school and setting goals and working on them: losing weight over the summer, reading more, improving myself, organizing my room, etc. I remember realizing that I was alive right then, instead of thinking that I can take a big 'time out' and just pop back in when I feel better and still be young. My life is passing me by and I'm not participating. None of us know how long we have, and I'm wasting what I do have now. I don't know what to do.:?:

I need a plan and a kick in the pants. I need this urge to make a change to last more than 10 minutes so I don't end up back on the couch. Wow, where did all this come from? Help!!:^:

Leenie 05-23-2007 06:17 PM

Sorry girls, I'll try to catch up soon.... :dizzy:

hope4me 05-23-2007 07:09 PM

Omg!!!

Heather!!:bday2:

In all my self-absorbed whining, I almost forgot!!

:bday2you:

:hug: I hope you had the special day that you so deserve!!:hug: