3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Weekly Cackle - May 21st - May 28th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/113158-weekly-cackle-may-21st-may-28th.html)

Leenie 05-21-2007 09:00 AM

Weekly Cackle - May 21st - May 28th

Good Morning Ladies,

Hope your weekend was a blast. I finally go to scrub down my bathrooms and boy.... it feels good to have them sparkling clean (Yeah I'm Sick LOLOL).

Went to see Shrek 3 friday night. It was not like the first 2... a little dull in the middle but okay. The first two blew this one away. I think they tried to hard and made it more talking/adult.

Anywhoo...gotta run and say happy birthday to a friend.

BBL

HeatherAngel 05-21-2007 11:36 AM

Morning, all! :)

Leenie - when I went to the cinema on Friday night, I almost went to see Shrek 3 - glad I saw 'The Invisible' instead - LOL! I'll wait 'til S3 comes out on DVD.

Walked yesterday, and down another 2.5 lbs today (Monday is my weigh and measure day), so I'm happy with that.

Baaaaaad night last night - just got very, very low and started to cry. BUT - in a move that's very unlike me, I took an extra Seroquel, had a bath and went to bed. The extra medication has made me pretty dopey this morning, but it's a holiday up here in The Great White North, so I can get away with it :D Don't know what hit me - actually, maybe I do. Wednesday is my birthday - does it seem to anyone else that birthday's were SO fantastic when we were younger, and now they are kind of - I don't know - anti-climactic? I suppose it's the struggle to stay on an even keel thing... I WANT the excitement, but it just isn't there anymore at 38!! LOL

Oh well, I do feel better today, and am quite proud of myself for medicating and resting.

Hope everyone is in a happy, sunny, positive place!

Heather :D

hope4me 05-21-2007 01:57 PM

Heather: I want to be like you! You are kicking butt on the weight loss!:carrot:

I know what you mean about the b-days. As you age, you really kind of have to make an effort for them to be special. What I used to do was take the day off if I was working (I think it should be illegal to work on your b-day!). I would try to evaluate my life and set some new goals, do some kind of pampering, and try to do lunch AND dinner with a good friend or boyfriend. Sometimes I would get my friends presents on my b-day to let them know I appreciated them. Surprising others is always fun and rewarding. Usually after a day of pampering myself and others I would feel better. But also, having new goals and a plan made me feel hopeful. :)

Not much planned for today. It is a nice day here and I should really get out of the house. We'll see...

HeatherAngel 05-21-2007 02:34 PM

Hope - you are so awesome, I wish I could just walk right up to you and give you a great big :hug: !!!

I have a looong way to go to goal... but I'll get there!

Chat soon -

Sassy_Chick 05-21-2007 05:35 PM

My Drs. Appt. (if your interested) ;)

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know I just got back from my drs. appt. My A1C (Diabetes Test, checks my blood sugars for 3 months) is very high, so he gave me some new meds to try. My cholesterol is a tad bit high, so he is putting me on Lipitor. But my Good Cholesterol is only down one point! :carrot: I also have a Cat Scan scheduled for very early in the morning for my abdominal pain. The Ultrasound showed nothing, there were a few cysts, but he said they aren't the kind to worry about.

I did tell him about my awful exp. with the ultrasound tech and he was not happy at all about that. So I'm getting my Cat Scan done at the Hospital instead of the Clinic here in town. ;)

That is about it. Don't have much time to chit-chat, sorry. I have a lot to get done as we're going to pick my mother up tomorrow afternoon.

Ta Ta For Now!

:hug:

Kate109 05-22-2007 05:46 AM

Good morning!

I am proud to announce that I passed my exam on Friday! The presentation was a bit hard- I had to give a speech and I was soo sick because of the pain meds and the AD! But the result was ok.

Not so ok was that I was a bit...don´t know a better word...I envied the other students. Some of the them made really good marks. But I had a few self- pity hours, thinking: Hey, how unfair, it´s all easier for them! No depression, no pain while writing the exams, perfect skinny bodies....
And the Prof was busy flirting with them...Life´s unfair! :p

Heather: Congrats to your weight loss!! :D
Somehow, I love my birthday- and hate it at the same time. I love it because I still have a vision of a perfect birthday in my mind...presents, cake...And I hate it because in my case birthdays really show that I am quite lonely. Other people at my age celebrate with their boyfriend, their friends...big party...And I am alone at home, mostly with my mother and some relatives. I am lonely most time of the year, but it´s really visible around my birthday.

Hope everybody is having a nice day !

Kate :bunny2:

buddly 05-22-2007 05:49 AM

Hi everyone! :wave:

Just popping in.
Had a quiet weekend, so that was nice. Had a lot of weather, so that kept things interesting. When hubby got home on Sunday he told us about driving through a snow storm west of town and we heard that there was snow just north of us, I'm so glad I didn't have to see any of it!! I'm just so pleased that my rhubarb came back and the strawberry and raspberry plants are greening up in spite of the frost we've had. I can't say that I accomplished anything, but thats alright. Now back to the grind tomorrow. Only 19 or 20 school days left!!

Sassy I'm glad your doc appt wasn't to bad. Hopefully the cat scan will give you some answers.

Heather I'm glad you are feeling better and congrats on the weight loss and getting out for a walk. You are doing great!

Hope and Leenie :hug:

Welcome Ubercontralto, I hope you will carry on posting here and I look foreward to getting to know you better. This is a great site.

Well I better get off to bed as the alarm will be going off soon.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day!
K

Leenie 05-22-2007 08:45 AM

Hi Girls,

Good to see you :) Gotta do a quickie here :shrug:

Kate Congrats on passing your exam :bravo:

Heather your melting away chickie... GOOD JOB !!! keep it up.

Sassy, glad you told the doc about the nasty technician :hug: and I'm glad your visit went okay... hopefully you'll start feeling better FAST!!!!! Good luck with your CAT (when is it?).

Buddly... oh girl... snow is such a depressing word :lol3: Do you make strawberry pie? if so I'll send you my addy lol.

Hope whatcha up to today? did you get out of the house yesterday? speaking of melting ladies...your doing wonderful yourself there girl. Keep it up.

Cathy ???????? boo !

Well my dears, I gotta run.. so much stuff to do, so little time :faint:

Luv yah's.

hope4me 05-22-2007 02:12 PM

Hi All!

Kate: Yeah! It's over! And you did well! Maybe now you can concentrate on getting better mentally and physically. Life isn't fair, but maybe we can even the playing field a little by taking care of ourselves and improving.

Uber: Welcome! I don't know what Volumetrics is, but good luck. I do WW, that is, when I do something. Even though I've failed many times on the program, I still feel like it is the only thing that I could do long term or forever. You know, eat less and exercise. Look forward to getting to know you better.

I'm doing laundry today. How fun!:p Tonight we play pool with our league so that gives me something to look forward to. Good to hear from everybody. Check in later.

liz321 05-23-2007 12:12 AM

HI:wave:

Liz

Sassy_Chick 05-23-2007 03:14 AM

Morning all.

I know I should be sleeping, but its tough to just switch back to "days" (since my mom is here) I am just not tired yet. So figured may as well get up and do something, so I am doing laundry. I'm in DH's office, since my computer is out in the living room where my mom is..........

Yesterday we went everywhere........and I think I burned off about 1000 calories just sweating! It was HOT.....lol.....But we did do a lot of walking as well. So not exercise, but at least I was up and moving. ;)

Today we may go to the Zoo, but we'll see how we all feel, we can always go tomorrow.......

My Cat Scan was originally scheduled for yesterday morning, but we had so much going on yesterday, preparing for my mom coming up, I decided to reschedule it.

Anyway, not much to say...........

I hope you all are having a great day!

buddly 05-23-2007 02:24 PM

Hi everyone :wave:

Nothing happening here. A and I went for a walk this morning and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine. A wonderful way to start the day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Take care,
K

hope4me 05-23-2007 03:08 PM

:) Hi ladies!

Nothing going on here either Buddly. It's sunny here too and I should go for a walk myself just to get out for a while.

I'm getting to a place where I don't know what to do with myself. I'm not so down any more that I'm immoble, but I'm not setting the world on fire either. I'm having trouble seeing a future (like you mentioned b4 Buddly), and I'm struggling with living in the present too. I think I'm basically still hiding and avoiding life. :(

How many times can I say that I need a job, but I'm not looking? I wish I didn't have to work, but I do. I have debt to pay off and regular bills. Although my fiance makes good $, it's not really enough to pay both off our bills and still put a good chunk of cash into retirement for both of us. ( We are both behind on retirement.) Besides, it's not fair to him anyway. Our original agreement was not for me to stay home.

Weight loss has long since stopped and I'm gaining. I always 'just knew' how great life could be if I was thinner (been there and it was), but now I'm having trouble seeing the benenfit to losing when I could be medicating with whatever I want to eat anytime.

I can remember being in high school and setting goals and working on them: losing weight over the summer, reading more, improving myself, organizing my room, etc. I remember realizing that I was alive right then, instead of thinking that I can take a big 'time out' and just pop back in when I feel better and still be young. My life is passing me by and I'm not participating. None of us know how long we have, and I'm wasting what I do have now. I don't know what to do.:?:

I need a plan and a kick in the pants. I need this urge to make a change to last more than 10 minutes so I don't end up back on the couch. Wow, where did all this come from? Help!!:^:

Leenie 05-23-2007 06:17 PM

Sorry girls, I'll try to catch up soon.... :dizzy:

hope4me 05-23-2007 07:09 PM

Omg!!!

Heather!!:bday2:

In all my self-absorbed whining, I almost forgot!!

:bday2you:

:hug: I hope you had the special day that you so deserve!!:hug:

Sassy_Chick 05-23-2007 07:47 PM

Happy Bday Heather!

Happy Bday, Heather!!!!!!!!!!! Today is my mom's bday as well! :D :hb: :gift: :balloons: :woo: :bday2you: :celebrate: :hat:

Leenie 05-24-2007 08:15 AM

Hi Girls, I will catch up soon :(

HEATHER HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luv yah's

hope4me 05-24-2007 02:35 PM

Hey ladies,

Thought that I would mention that Oprah's show today is dedicated to depression if you can catch it. Here in VA it is on at 5pm. Hope it's a good one.

Heather: What did you do yesterday? Hope it was fun.

Got to run and do a couple things. I'll check in later.

:hug: 's to everybody.

buddly 05-24-2007 04:51 PM

Hi everyone!

Happy belated birthday Heather!!! I hope you had a good one!!

Hope, are you feeling better?:hug: I'm sorry I don't have any words of wisdom, but just hang on and things will work out.

Thankfully there is still not much happening here. Went for a walk again this morning. Not much but its something. Still don't have much motivation, I'm blaming it on TOM right now ;)

Anyway I should toodle and get last nights dishes done before kids and hubby get home and wonder what I've been doing all day.

Take care everyone,
K

hope4me 05-24-2007 07:13 PM

Hey Buddly,

TOM sure gets around, he's visiting me this week as well. Good job on the walk. Two days in a row!!:carrot:

My fiance and I had a long talk at lunch and I was telling him how guilty I feel about not getting a job right away and being so unmotivated around the house. I'm always afraid since he doesn't have depression he is going to get fed up with what looks to most like laziness. He admitted that at times he has been upset, but that he is coming to understand more and more. He said it is forcing him to look at himself and how he handles problems and stress and it is opening up a new way of looking at a lot of things. He told me just to take care of myself and get better. The job will come soon enough. THANK GOD HE DOESN'T HATE ME! I feel very lucky.

I have made some progress. As I said I'm not immoble anymore, and taking care of a few things that I've let slide for too long (simple errands or household things, bills, etc). He has noticed all these things and is hopeful.
Next step for me is a Dr.'s visit and a psychiatrist to finally find the meds that will work. I hope with that in place I can work on this weight thing.

Catch you all later.

HeatherAngel 05-24-2007 10:27 PM

Awww, thanks you guys - you are AWESOME!!!

I'll post properly tomorrow - Hope, so glad you're feeling better for that talk with your other half :hug:

Thank you all for the birthday wishes - I love you guys!!!

Leenie 05-25-2007 09:10 AM

TGIFFFFFF GIRLS TGIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Will chat more tomorrow. Today I need to leave work early to go to a funeral, my friends 95 year old mother passed away...poor little thing.

So my little chicklets and chickadee's..... I'll chat with you all tomorrow morning.

Luv yah's !!!

KEEP SMILING :D

HeatherAngel 05-25-2007 09:48 AM

Morning all - here I am, back from MIA! :D

I had a quiet birthday, and then a very busy day of running-around yesterday, and it was SOOOO fabulous to come on here to all the good birthday wishes from you fine people - I cannot tell you - yes, I can: LOTS and LOTS!! - how much strength I gain just from being part of this group - THANK YOU!

I had lunch out on my birthday and ordered salad, then hubby took me out for a Thai meal - that was harder to choose wisely, but I had a green curry with prawns, eggplant and green beans, ate less than half the rice, and left most of the soupy curry SAUCE in the bowl. I was quite proud of myself, really!

Now, to be honest, I don't tend to suffer TOO badly from cravings, but that evening, boy - you know what I wanted? DAIRY QUEEN! (evil, evil, evil...!)

You know what I did, don't you? I walked to Dairy Queen (cause you know, better than driving... ummm... well...) and had one of those new 'Chocolate Covered Strawberry Waffle Bowls'... oh my goodness... 700 calories, according to Calorie King :dizzy: But I decided to eat it, and enjoy it - hey! It was my birthday!

So, I was over my calorie limit for the day by 600 calories, and up half a pound yesterday, and seriously? I DID enjoy it! :D So yesterday was a mega-water, low-cal, low-fat day, and I am back down to Wednesday morning's weight. I'm okay with that, for sure! (just in case you're interested, I did think about just having a Buster Bar, cause they're not TOO huge... but they are over 500 calories, and I just thought: in for a penny... :D)

So - enough about the Evil Dairy queen - how are all you guys???

Heather :)

liz321 05-25-2007 09:53 AM

:) Hi

Liz

GrandmaBetty 05-25-2007 02:39 PM

Tom doesn't visit me anymore, but that doesn't make losing any easier. I have spent the last month gaining and losing the same 2 pounds. Sometimes, I just want to quit, but then I know I would take a chance in gaining more weight, so I am sticking to it, but grumbling about it.

buddly 05-25-2007 04:53 PM

TGIF Everyone!!!:wave:

Another beautiful day! Boy am I liking this sunshine and yes we went for another walk this morning!! Three days in a row. I use to do it every morning, but got right out of the habit. Unfortunately this wonderful weather has brought out the pollens which are torturing poor A and I've been getting sinus headaches. I feel bad about poor A's nose, but I wouldn't change the weather for anything right now!

Hope, I'm glad you had a good talk with your fiance. My hubby and I met in high school so he knew from very early on how up and down I was and he still took me on:dizzy: Good luck with the doc. Oh and thanks for the heads up on Oprah yesterday. I watched it and found it really interesting.

Heather it sounds like you had a really nice birthday. And if you can't have a controlled splurg once a year then whats the point? This is a lifestyle, I personally like the 80 - 20 rule, gives everthing balance.

Hi Betty! I know what you mean about those same 2 pounds, I can't quite seem to shake them either, I get on the scale one morning and its Yah I broke through and then they reappear the next morning. We can't give up though!

Hi Liz and Leenie!!

Well I should get going, A and I have to run to the dump, I'd let the garbage walk there on its own, but it would probably get lost, we may need clothes pins for our noses in the van though:dizzy:

Take care everyone and have a wonderful and safe weekend,
K

Sassy_Chick 05-25-2007 09:09 PM

Hi Ladies. :wave:

We took my mom to the Zoo yesterday and I think I did pretty good as it was mostly all up hill! Talk about workout! lol. But I made it all the way through, yes I had to stop a few times, but I still think I did ok.

Well so much for getting up early today. :p We didn't get up until 11:30! :yikes: Aw well, we got my mom home and are home now and can relax tonight and try to get back on our sleep cycle since we work Sat & Sun.

Sure wish we had a pool, that would be awesome and great exercise too........Aw well. Maybe someday, eh? lol. I know I could re-join the Y but I know there is less of a chance of me going up there to exercise rather than just right here at home, so no use in wasting our money.........Plus I am really not motivated by working out in front of strangers..........at least just yet. Maybe once I lose some then I will.

Well we took about a two hour nap so hopefully we can stay up tonight and get back on schedule...........

Have a Great Weekend!

Leenie 05-26-2007 06:59 AM

Good Morning,

Welcome Betty :welcome: glad your here.

Sassy good job on the zoo :D Which zoo did you visit? I love zoo's, the last one I went to was called The CatSkill Game Farm...it was there for 73 years and the year I went (last year) was the last one, they sold the farm and moved the animals to other places. Anyway, thats where I saw my very first giraffe OMG, I fell in love with those animals instantly...they are beautiful.

Buddly the pollen count here is very high as well, my makeup just won't stay on LOL... hang in there and give DD some soft tissues ;)

Heather I'm so glad you had a great birthday. Dairy queen isn't bad if you get a soft vanilla on a cone, SMALL of course... I think I read that its 150 calories b/c its got alot of air in it ??? we love that place too but rarely go b/c once you start OY!!!! and its only 1 block from my house :fr:

Hope I'm glad you talked to your DF and thats awesome that he is trying to understand whats going on. I truly believe once your on some good meds its gonna turn your world around for the better. Your doing wonderful...one step at a time :hug:

:hug: LIZZZZZZZZZZZ, CATHY !!!!

Welll girlies, its cleaning, cooking, shopping and swimming this weekend :D thats about it. 3 days of ahhhhhhhhhhh no work ;)

Don't forget 3FC is gonna be closed tonight for some spring cleaning ;)

hope4me 05-27-2007 01:26 PM

:) Hope everbody is having a great Memorial Day weekend.

I wish I had something exciting to talk about, but alas, no. My fiance is still working long hours and I'm still in the house. I would have liked to have gone home to visit my mom this weekend, but it is hard with his work and a sick pooch. Traffic is bad this weekend anyway. Maybe I'll get a chance later.

Check in later...

Leenie 05-28-2007 07:45 AM

Good Morning,

Have a great Memorial Day all !!

I didn't get as much done this weekend as I'd like to have. With the pool open forgedaboutit lololol.

Hope the traffic friday was HORRIBLE here, took me 1 hour to go one mile. Don't blame you for not going. I guess today and tomorrow will be hairy too.

Today we hae to go to the new balance store to get some good sneakers, I want to start walking at lunch but have the crappiest sneakers and my feet hurt soooooooo. Also our washing machine is leaking like crazy, we put a few $$$ into it two years ago and to put more into a 12 year old machine would be a waste so we are gonna look at new ones.

Other than that, .... well... thats enuf LOL
Watcha all doing?

Sassy_Chick 05-28-2007 08:45 PM

Hi Ladies! :wave:

Leenie -- We went to the Cincinnati Zoo. It was lots of fun and great exercise. ;)

Well I am just glad to be home and not working or going anywhere. lol. Work was very very boring Sat & Sun when we worked, dunno why we had to work as we were dead, the one guy could have handled it all by himself, but aw well, we didn't have use up anymore of our time and got paid time and a half plus holiday pay too.

This new medicine that my dr has me on for my diabetes is really working! I am thinking he may have to up it to twice a day but its working and I feel great! :carrot: Only downfall is one of the side effects is Rapid Weight gain, so not sure about that one. Guess I will have to ask him when I see him.

I hope you all had an awesome Holiday! ;)

HeatherAngel 05-28-2007 11:35 PM

Hi all - just on my way to bed (yawn!)... but have missed this place while the server was being sorted!

Sassy - so glad the diabetes meds seem better - you go girl! There's no stopping you now!! ;)

I only lost 1.6lbs this week - don't get me wrong - so long as that scale keeps heading south, I'm happy. BUT - I sure did learn something... all those excuses not to move my booty ain't gonna get me into a size 8! LOL!!! So - it is GREAT to stay on plan, calorie wise, but I have definitely gotta keep moving, too... starting tomorrow... that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D

Chat soon, chickies!

Sassy_Chick 05-28-2007 11:50 PM

Well so much for feeling great. :( I think one of the other side effects of the medicine has hit me: muscle pain.......ugh feels like I got the flu or that I've been running a marathon or something! It usually is only my leg and then it will pass, but now its all over.......could be the weather too I guess, we're due for rain I think......

Good Job, Heather on the 1.6 lb loss, a loss is a loss! ;) And I hear ya about the excuses not getting you down to the weight you want. I need to kick the excuses to the curb!

I kinda got some motivation after I watched "Big Medicine" about two Weightloss Drs who perform weightloss surgeries. There is one man on there who weighs now about 675 and he is completely bed bound and he's only 26 and he struggles to breath, has a trach and all. I just felt for him, I truely did and I thought, I can get up and move, I may be in some pain if I walk far, but at least I can walk and I need to keep that in mind next time I am complaining about the pain I'm in while walking.

One gal on there was only 18, she was 310 before surgery and after she is now 140, she was on the show to get the excess skin removed. She looked great and she said she gets to do the things she missed out on in HS.

Well I hope you all have a Great Night's Sleep!