Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-05-2007, 07:35 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Weekly Chat June 4th - 10th

Good Morning,

I'm surprised nobody started a new weekly thread

Well we didn't go to hershey park but sunday we did go to dutchwonderland, it was nice...wet but nice.

It was my dogs first time with out us and the babysitter said she wouldn't eat because she was so sad. Ahhh poor baby. When we got home we fed her and she ate like crazy LOL. Shhheeesh we were only gone one day.

Hope sorry to hear about your fur baby I know how difficult that must be...but like you said, she's not suffering anymore

Sassy glad you got your cat scan done and it went well....the guy in cuffs was just there for your entertainment pleasure keep us updated.

Buddly I remember working graveyard shift with my sister, we would always have so much fun being silly. She worked in a deli... not a good place for us because we would eat all night long LOLOL.

Heather...you run?? girl thats teriffic....no thats WONDERFUL !!! good for you. How did you feel when you were done? I used to power walk, 5 miles a day 6 days a week...yep! felt good afterwards but hated doing it LOL.

I'm home today... with my nasty cold. How are you ?

Last edited by Leenie; 06-05-2007 at 07:44 AM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning all!

Leenie - sorry to hear about your cold - I hate summer colds - they seem so unfair!! get better soon As for running, well, I just started - and it honestly was more of a jog for a minute, walk for a minute and a half, jog for minute, walk for two minutes ...but I hope to actually run - I do love to be outside - and it felt really good to be moving - I was actually surprised how my body didn't just shut down and want to die - it was very invigorating!

Hope - HUGE I'm so sorry about your dog - we lost our old girl in February; she just couldn't walk anymore... and I miss her every day. I am thinking of you, hon.

Buddly - how nice to spend your mum's birthday with her like that - like Leenie, I had a graveyard shift years ago at a coffee shop - it could be great fun.. just don't eat! LOL!

Sassy - I am still picturing the guy in handcuffs - do you think he had motor mouth 'cause he WAS on drugs? LOL!! Hope it went well - let us know.

Okay all - hubby is away, and we are fighting Isn't that the worst - fighting when you aren't even together??? It makes me sad and stressed, but I am trying to make good choices, and keep moving - focusing on the 'starting running' programme will help, I hope.

Cathy, Debbie - hope all is well in your worlds!

Blessed - are you still DDR-ing?? LOL!

Have a great day everybody!!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:12 PM   #3  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

HeatherAngel - Yep, I am! I have a new game on the way from Ebay. The ultra-rare DDR Mario Mix for Gamecube. I also talked my mom into helping me pay for a $200 stainless steel pad for the games. It's cross-platform so I can use it on my PS2 and my Gamecube. The pad I have now is already going to heck after four days. I can't wait to get this one. Considering it weighs about 30-40 pounds it'll be a workout just to move it around.
BlessedBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:41 PM   #4  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi all,

I thought I was going to have to hold a gun to my own head to get myself to mow the yard, but it's done. Really just wasn't in the mood, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the well wishes over my doggie. I miss her badly.

Tonight is pool league. Hopefully I will kick some redneck's booty.

Heather: I hope your hubbie is being nice to you. I caught your post about your last fight and I responded, but the computer ate it! It was a long one and I was too disheartened when I lost it to rewrite it. Take care of yourself like you have been and remember, we're on your side! Who else can we count on here to inspire us?

Buddly: Thinking of you 'in your hole'. Are you ready for your all-nighter tomorrow? A&W has some yummy food (unfortunately I guess).

Leenie: glad you still had a good time. Are you back to the grind tomorrow? Maybe you should take another 'sick day' just to make sure you're not contagious.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:11 PM   #5  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies.

TY for your support. I am going to call my dr tomorrow and see if they got the results yet. The tech said my dr should get it within 3 days. So we'll see.

Leenie -- Lol yeah he def was entertaining! lol. Glad you had a good time, my mil's cat is like that. She is miserable when my mil is gone. I am the pet sitter for them when they go away. lol. So now mil won't go anywhere because of it. I understand its her baby and her baby is 16/17 yrs old so she doesn't have long to go on earth, so I can understand not wanting to upset her. Our cat drives us insane. Every time I leave the room he is crying like, "where are you mommy?" lol. Esp. since our other cat died, now he is really really clingy.

Heather -- First off, Big yes it is difficult enough fighting but when they are away its tougher. Yeah I'm sure it was because the guy was on drugs, he could not keep still either. lol.

Hope -- So sorry to hear about your doggie. I just lost my cat the end of March of this year, I still cry at times missing him. My mil said it will be like that, that you'll have your good days and your bad ones and you just never know what will set you off and she was right about that. I bawled my eyes out when I had to finally pick up his food bowl and wash it out and put it away, as our other cat would not eat out of it.

Well we went to the in-laws today as it was their anniversary. I made them an ecard with a program I signed up for w/ Hallmark, MIL cried she liked it so much. I also bought her bath and body works. FIL said, "I guess there is nothing in there for me?" lol. I said, "No but that was your son's dept. lol." But DH is going to go over and help him with some yard work one day. They are also going to be remodelling their kitchen, new countertops, new cabinets, new floor, painting. So DH will be busy helping with that whenever they decide to start it. But this should be their last room to do. The only thing left for them to do is they need a new deck.

That is about it, just doing up the rest of our laundry.

Have a Great Night!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all I have not checked in in a while. I started water aerobics again this week and I am loving every minute of it. The first night it was beautiful. Last night it was cold and I think it will be cold again tonight. It is raining right now. But when it is cold it gives me more motivation to keep moving to stay warm. I have started dragging my sister with me to it. We have a lot of fun doing it. I have always enjoyed swimming and water aerobics so this is a really good fit. My sister was having some difficulty learning to balance in the water the first night, but it looks like she figured it out last night. YaY!

Well I will talk with you all later. Have a great day everyone.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #7  
~Believe~

Unhappy

Hi All.

I forgot and did not get my cat scan results due to my grandpa dying. He is "technically" my step-grandpa (my step-dad's (<--passed) father) but regardless, he is my family. We looked it up and DH & I still get bereavement time, 3 days, regardless step or not, it even says step parents AND grandparents are included. So my mom said the funeral will be on Saturday. So we'll be going to IN for that.

So we just have to work tomorrow night. Be nice so we can get back onto a "dayshift" schedule and that way also we don't have to rush off afterwards to get "sleep" for work, etc. We can spend time with the family.

The Reason I got my Cat Scan done (to those who asked or don't know) is because I've been having abdominal pain/discomfort and my ultra sound showed Nothing, well except for some cysts on my ovaries, but dr said they were not serious and I do have PCOS so that comes along with it.

Hi to Everybody..........I hope you all are well. I probably won't be around at least on Saturday since that is my grandpa's funeral.

Guess that is about it.

Have a Good Night!

Old 06-07-2007, 10:21 AM   #8  
Heather 2.0

Awww, Sassy - Great BIG Things have been tough for you, and this seems one more thing you could have done without. I'm so sorry about your step-granddad. Good luck getting through the funeral.

Trish - good for you for getting to water aerobics!! I used to do AquaFit, and I loved it - you go, girl!

Blessed - AWESOME!! I want to come to your house so you can teach me how to do DDR!!!

Hope - here's hoping you DID kick some redneck booty! Did you have a good time at pool league??

Leenie - how are you feeling? Is that cold clearing up?

Well, it's sunny here again, and that always makes my day a little brighter Hubby and I are STILL being pretty distant - I'm going to have to back down and make up today - it makes me unhappy to not be getting along.

I did my second day of the Couch to 5K plan yesterday - have to admit it was a little harder than Monday, but still wonderful - I felt so GOOD afterwards! I did a LOT of stretching afterwards, too, and it must have worked - no shin-splints! Yay!

Well - keep it moving and shaking all... I see a poster in the Depression forum, and I am going to invite her to join us here

Chat soon!
Heather
Old 06-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #9  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about your grandpa Sassy. You deserve some happy times to come your way soon.

Heather: I lost to the redneck! Actually he was a really nice guy and we did have fun. I played well, just happened to go his way. It's usually always nice to get out on Tuesday nights and catch up with my friends on my team. It takes my mind off myself and that can't be bad.

Yeah for all you exercisers! I hope to be one of you soon. I'm not too motivated today to do anything. I'm meeting my girlfriend for Mexican at 4pm and I really need to do a couple of things around here first. Blah.. As you can tell by the time I'm cutting it close.

Leenie: Did the cold take you out?, or are you just busy as usual?
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:44 PM   #10  
~Believe~

TY ALL

Old 06-08-2007, 10:08 AM   #11  
Heather 2.0

Morning!

It is sunny - and HOT! I can already feel my brain arguing with my body about NOT going out for Day 3 of the Couch to 5K programme... but I'm going to go soon, before it gets TOO hot (yeah, right!)... I figure what's the big deal? I'll come back hot and sweaty - what, like I wouldn't anyway?

Right, that's me off then! Hit forty pounds lost this morning - yay! I would NEVER have believed I could lose forty pounds - actually, even now, I think it is best not too think too much about it. I have a long way to go - a LONG way... but guess what? For the first time in as long as I can ever remember wanting to lose weight, I have LESS than 100lbs to lose. It's still a lot, but holy-moley, it's a heck of a milestone for me!

Hope everyone is doing well and it is sunny and happy where you are

Heather

PS - Did I forget to mention that this website is a HUGE part of my lifestyle change? I just don't think I could keep on keepin' on every day without coming here and interacting with you fine folk - I love you guys! Thank You!
Old 06-08-2007, 02:26 PM   #12  

Hi everyone!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:31 PM   #13  
~Believe~

Angry How can people be so inconsiderate???!!!

Crap, Crap, Crap and double Crap!

First of all, my DH is at WORK right now because some people can't step up and help out when needed. There was 6 conference calls going on and instead of staying and helping out, the lady just LEAVES!!!!!!!!!! So our boss BEGS DH to come in, at least for a few hours.

THEN my mom calls and says they ARE having a visitation after all for my grandpa. We never knew and she only found out a little bit ago! THEN we find out we have to be in Indiana BEFORE 9 AM! We worked lastnight/early this morning so we slept in, or at least I did, DH never woke me up so I slept until 5:30 P.M.! How am I supposed to go to bed in a few hours to be up at the crack of dawn to drive to Indiana? If my DH was not working right now we could go to Indiana now and figure something out....that way at least we'd be there, ya know? I am so peeeeeeeeeed at work! I want to call my DH to tell him about this, but then again I don't wanna "bother" him because I know they are totally swamped.

What do girls think? What would you do? ARrrrggggggh I feel so flustered! I guess technically we should have left early lastnight, but there was no way of that happening! Work just sucks that everybody else can have time off for things like this and we cannot! All of our families, except for my in-laws are out of state. His are much further than mine, being in Tennessee, so if someone is ill or passes away, we have to drive 1 1/2 hours to my family and 4 hours to his! So its not like its just in town where we don't have to worry about travelling and all. DH's Aunt died a while back and he couldn't go to the funeral because of course it was in Tennessee and work I think only gives us ONE day off for Aunts/Uncles and its a 4 hour trip, that is just one way!

It just irks me how people can be so uncaring. I am really upset about it. Because DH & I should have been in Indiana already and now he is at work. I know sometimes things happen beyond our control and I know my grandpa would understand, but its just the whole thought of it. How people can be so inconsiderate of others.

Well sorry this is a bit of a whine here...........
Old 06-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

It's okay to whine sometimes - you've been through a lot. It is hard to understand that your DH's work is being very demanding of him at this time.

Be sure that during this stressful time you take care of yourself - both physically and mentally. That's #1.

I hope you can make it to all of the gatherings. That's what we need at times like this. Take care.
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:18 PM   #15  
~Believe~

TY Denise. I am better now, still a bit ticked at work, but I guess its kinda good because that means that our boss knows he can rely on us, even though everybody else doesn't care, doesn't mean that we have to be that way.

DH ended up only being there a couple hrs, so at least he wasn't there late. We have to get up about 5:30 AM to get up and get ready and drive there, its an hour and a half drive, we told my mom we'd be there about 8 am so we can eat before leaving, so we are not all starving, etc.

I think tonight I'm going to take a nice hot bath and relax a bit, I think I need that. light some candles, etc and just forget about the world for a little bit. lol.

Thanks again.