Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/175

Height: 5 7"

Default Need help feeling so low

Hi All,

I have a very rough life and to top it all off I AM FAT! The only time I felt good was with my husband, he was the best thing that ever happened to me. He dies two and a half years ago, right before I gave birth to our second baby. The last two years have very hard. I am now the weight I was when I was nine months pregnet with my lats child.

I keep trying everyday to restart WW, but I can't make throught one day eating right. WHen I am feeling bad and sometimes when I am not I can go the McDonalds and order a double quarter pounder and another meal on top of that and eat it all. I feel good while eating but feel like I really disgusted with my self afterwards. I feel so fat and unattractive, I don't want to be this overwieght, but I just can't get focused to stop and start looseing!

I know that I have issues deeper than what this website an help, Please can any one offer and advice that may help!

Thanks
Irene
Mama of two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:19 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

First of all, do you have the financial/insurance means to see a counselor?

I had some rough stuff happen to me (not the death of a spouse by any means, but some bad things) and my weight gain was somewhat related, I think, to some of the stuff that went on. It was only when I started getting some help for those issues that I was able to also successfully attack the problems with my weight. So first and foremost, if you are able to get help, consider doing so, not only to help with your weight loss, but to make your life happier and your pain more bearable. There are usually some reduced-cost or sliding scale therapy centers in almost every area, so if it isn't financially possible for you, you might want to look into those. I truly don't believe that I would be having the success I'm having today without the professional help dealing with the wounds in my past.

It is a looong road, and you want to be as strong for it as you can. That being said, there are a bunch of WONDERFUL men and women out here on 3FC that are tremendously supportive and fabulously motivating. I hope you keep posting to get some of the support you are looking for.

Amanda
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/175

Height: 5 7"

Unhappy thanks

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your kindness. I have been to couseling I am currently on Prozac for depression. I did start to feel better but my Kaiser coverage would only cover a certain amount for visits and then refered me to group counseling. I didn't mind the group couseling the thing is if you missed one or more classes you had to wait 6 to 9 weeks befor you could start another class. I am a single mom with a 2 and 3 year old sometimes I just couldn't make after work.

thanks for your help!
Mama of two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:17 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi MOT,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your DH I can not begin to imagine the amount of pain that had/has to be and my heart breaks for your two little babies

I kinda know how you feel though. I had gained a lot of weight after the death of my oldest sister. She died in 1998, and from then until 2005 I gained almost 100 lbs. I went for counseling, grieving counseling, weight management counseling, all sorts of counseling. I've found that in my journey the only thing that has helped me was time and being with my family, absorbing as much strength from them as I could....and talking about my sister even to strangers helped (((w/a lot of crying of course ))). I'm not suggesting you stop counseling, I think its SO important because if you can hook up with the right counselor, its really gonna make a huge difference. Do you know of any local churches that have counseling for free? If not you can call one and ask if they know of any.

Hugs and Kisses to you !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote