What to do with tuna?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I eat tuna all kinds of ways, but I believe that albacore is the kind with the most mercury in it. You don't want to eat tuna more than a few times a week. If you are pregnant or nursing, it's best not to eat it. Sorry.
  • I love this for a quick and easy snack-

1 can of tuna
    1 oz of shredded cheese (shaved parmesan or italian type are best)
    1-2 tsp lemon juice
    1 tsp (olive) oil
    Dashes of Lemon pepper, cracked black pepper, garlic powder

Mix all in bowl then microwave just until cheese melts. Very good with some pasta noodles if you want. If I have time, I make a lemony garlic olive oil sauce- SOO good (not just with tuna but with shrimp, chicken etc.)
  • On a 70 cal tortilla, I spread out lemon/black pepper flavored tuna (110 cals, sort of like Tuna Creations from Starkist but in a can) and sprinkle 1/4 of low-fat cheddar cheese all over (70 cals). I microwave for a minute, roll up and eat (250 cals total). If I plan ahead, I might put on some spinache leaves too. Usually I just eat with a bunch of carrot sticks on the side. I'm looking for 300 calorie or less lunch ideas.
  • all of these ideas sound great! I love to eat tuna but i've never thought to put it in mac n cheese or making a frittata! I'm going to make some of these for my very picky husband because I know he would love them!