Old 11-01-2006, 09:28 AM   #1  

Default Christmas Challenge Chicks Week of Oct 30th - Nov 6th

Fhew..... I survived Halloween night pretty well. I worked at our church carnival and I knew there was going to be free greasy pizza and other goodies for the workers so yesterday morning I started my pot of Garden Soup. I had two big bowls of it before going to the carnival. By then I was satisfied and full so the temptations could be thwarted off. I did have one Reese's Peanut Butter Cup out of my kids candy but I was able to stop there. YA for me!! Those darn things are my weakness. I love chocolate and peanut butter. Now I am going to try to talk my kids into picking out about 10 pieces of candy and taking the rest to our dentist who buys the kids candy from them by the pound.

Now next challenge. Holiday shopping!!!! I don't know about you but that is another time I find challenging. The reason is often because of lack of time. I will hit the malls and then want a break or the kids are with me and they get hungry. Most of the choices then are not the best. Many times I come home from shopping tired from the crowds and I pooped and don't want to cook. I need to think of a plan.

Last edited by GoingGoal; 11-01-2006 at 12:34 PM.
GoingGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #2  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

GoingGoal- Congratulations! Sounds like your planning got you through the Halloween candy season with flying colors.
I know what you mean about eating out while shopping. I always want to get smoothies from the mall, which I justify as somewhat good for me. Maybe they could be, but I sure don't need one of those every time I go shopping. Maybe you could think about always having a small snack with you in your purse? That way, if you have to stop with the kids, you can eat something other than typical mall fare.

Today is my weigh-in day, and I lost a pound and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am happy. This also means I am in the 170's, which is quite exciting for me.

Keep it up, girls!
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #3  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

GiongGal~ Great Idea for getting rid of that candy. I wish our dentist did that. I know what you mean about holiday shopping. You just have to be strong and make wise decsions. You could always go to Mcdonalds,Burger king, Carol's jr, ect... And get a plain chicken sandwich and a side salad. Throw away the buns, cut up the chicken and put in the salad. You just have to get creative. Good luck to ya. You could DO IT!

NewDay~YAY!!!!! In the 70's now!! You go Girl!

Well, for me I have been muching on them darn cady bars all day! Oh well, tomorrow is a new day. I am glad to say that I did weigh in this morning at 159 But my weigh ins are usaully on friday. Oh well i'll try agian friday. Plus, T.O.M is here to visit And my hubby comes back from training tomorrow. He has been gone for TWO weeks.
What are the odds. Last Dec. he came back form a year in Iraq and I started the same day as well I gotta get my cycle on another pattern or have nmy husband get out of the Army J/k Okay I am going now. I have been talking to much Ya'll have a Great Day and drink that WATER!!!!!
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:26 PM   #4  
*confetti*

S/C/G: 270.9/176.1/165

Height: 5'6"

I'm glad that someone was able to resist the Buttercups because my resolve completely failed.

Two or three pieces became two and three more....

Fortunately I managed to stop myself before it got really out of control and at least I ate less candy this year than last year.

The worst part is that I had a large bowl full of candy and only three groups of trick or treaters. So now I have a gallon ziplock bag full of candy in my cupboard. Fortunately I'm not interested in what's left and I'll pawn it off on my brother when he visits.

But at least Halloween is gone and I can get back on track.
Zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

If Halloween wasn't bad enough the girl at work who is skinny happens to like chocolate and lately has been keeping a steady stream of junk and crap at work .. its making me insane! I was hoping that everything would be gone on tuesday .. all the halloween candy given out to the lil kiddo's .. and we did manage to do that .. just to have her bring in a bunch more the next day !! I can't believe this .. I am really ready to hurt someone .. mainly myself for not keepin my fingers outta that freakin lil basket!! Last night I went and weighed in and i am up a half a pound .. *falls on floor kickin and screamin here* I know what from and I know I only have myself to blame .. I am just glad its friday and I can get away from it all for a few days and sit in a dark room conspiring and forming a plan of attack!!
owira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #6  

Height: 5'3

Hi ladies! Halloween wasn't bad for me since I don't have any children thus no candy around the house for it. I also went to the gym a couple of days this week with a friend (the other days i just worked out at home like normal). I didn't lose any weight this week. :-( I am tired of being stuck around the same number..The scale has hardley moved for me since August.. :-(
gremlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:49 PM   #7  

Height: 5'3

Christine-You are doing so awesome! Wish I could lose that well.. I can't wait to be in the 170s again!
gremlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #8  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

Hello Ladies!!! Hope you all have a GREAT Day and drink your WATER!!!!! Gonna go to the gym later and do the treadmill. And then some pilates. Wish me luck
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:03 PM   #9  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

just thought I would pop in and say I am 9.4 pounds away from my xmas goal... I can do it!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote