Old 10-23-2006, 08:25 PM   #1  

Default Christmas Challenge Chicks Week of Oct 23rd - Oct 29th

JasonsLea- Congrats on the NSV's new cloths & a night with the girls. Whoo- Hoo

DeafinlySmart- So sorry to hear about the confusion and your hearing loss. Hope they figure it out real quick.

NewDay4MeToo- When I was on WW I found I had to eat all of my points. If I skipped any trying to eat less than my points then I would not loose or I would gain. The flex points if you use them, as long as you don't all the time, you should be okay. At least that was my experience then. But I am not the best person to ask because in the long run WW didn't work for me. But it is a great program for those that it does work for.

Sotypical- Congrats on the 1.2

It was my weigh in day today. Only 1 pound down but hey I'll take it. Better off than on right!!!

Last edited by GoingGoal; 10-24-2006 at 08:52 AM.
GoingGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:33 AM   #2  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on the pound, GG!
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Turns out not only was that audiologist very unprofessional, but she was WRONG. This caused a lot of grief and worry but at least the answer is positive. It IS my hearing aide. That means I have to fix it or replace it (2k) but at least it isn't my ears! I've eaten like a pig this week. Gosh. I don't mind not losing as much weight anymore but I don't like reverting back to old habits under stress.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:50 PM   #4  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

GG- Congrats on the one pound! I appreciate your thoughtful responses.

Deafinly- I am glad to hear that the problem turned out much better than it could have.

I lost half a pound this week. After losing nothing the week before, it feels a little frustrating. I have been doing more excercising and weights, though, so I hope that I am gaining muscle. I realize that scale body fat% measures are probably not really accurate, but mine does say I have gone down a couple % in the last 3 weeks. I'll choose to think that's true. Hopefully that will keep me going until I see some low low numbers.

Take care girls.
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:00 PM   #5  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

GoingGal~ One pound at a time.

NewDay~ Half a pound is just as goo. YAY!!!!! Stay Positive!!!!

Today was a Good day. Nothing out of the ordinary. Well, ya'll have a GREAT night and don't forget that WATER!!!!
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:23 PM   #6  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Welcome, Sugarbaby!
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:32 PM   #7  

Sugarbaby~ to the challenge. With that attitude you'll defentily make your goal

Well I am down to 160 5 more pounds and I will reach my gaol. I am going to try,try,try my best and hit that gaol by the end of November. Well, ya'll have a GREAT Day and drink your WATER!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2006, 10:13 AM   #8  

Okay girls this is a challenging time for some with costume parties, extra goodies at work and of course the bags of candy come Halloween night so whats the plan?!?! One of my plans is to buy candy with coconut in it. I really dislike coconut so it wont be as much of a temptation to me. For the kids on my school bus, chocolate doesn't survive with out melting or something, I am going to get lollipops. I can allow myself one of those so I won't feel totally left out and I don't think they will hurt me too much. If we plan it out we can get through these holiday obstacles. What is your plan?
GoingGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:40 PM   #9  

I was planning on getting the mini granola bars to pass out to the trick or treaters. I plan to go trick or treating with my kids from 6-7:00pm. Before that I am going to buy thin crust pizza for dinner. Pepperoni for the kids and veggie lovers for me. When the night is done I will hide the candy as long as I can. But since I will be the one hiding it that is when the real challenge kicks in for me. Or if we run out of candy for the treaters then I will use my kids Not really. LOL!!!!
Old 10-29-2006, 01:29 AM   #10  

LOL Jelly!

Great idea... dish out the kids' candy...
Thanks for the welcome callystia and Jelly...

You know I was talking to my sis-in-law about Halloween treats. She has been trying to lose weight and is forever complaining about her weight. She told me that she blew her diet on a snickers and then some chocolate Halloween candy. THEN she said what do you do when it's Halloween and there's all this candy to give out? Well... I had just glanced on this site and saw goingoal's great idea about buying candy that you really don't like so that the temptation isn't so bad and mentioned it to her. She said what's the point of buying it if you don't like it? Ding Ding Ding... So.. I guess she really didn't care. But I sure do! I thought it was a great idea and I plan on doing it. NO chocolates here... I usually throw out the candy that's left over within a couple of days. It's not good for any of us and the temptation is worse for me having it around.

Anyhoo, you all have a great evening!
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

We pass out candy at my work to trick or treaters that come by during the afternoon after school .. the candy has been there for a few days already ..but i threatened the other two in the store if they open the dang things i will bite someone!! My boss had asked .. do you think we have enough? I told Him I hope not .. I hope we pass it ALL out .. and nothing is left! .. He told me I was no fun .. I go yea well .. go to the gas station and get ya a candy bar if ya want one that bad! I am not sure how I will make it thru halloween day itself .. just hoping no one opens those bags until the trick or treaters start comin by .. than I will only have about an hour and half or two to deal with the candy being available for swiping ... does anyone know of a strong glue that will only last about an hour and half or so? maybe i can glue my lips shut!! lol .. my kids are 17 and 15 .. if they do go trick or treating for a bit .. which i am against cause i think they are to old but i understand that they want to have a lil fun so have just told them that if they do go .. to help parents monitor kids ..watch to make sure none run out in the road .. help any parents that might seem a lil frazzled .. or that they don't see anything or anyone suspicious .. which they have agreed to and they are good boys and big in the community so I think it will be ok .. but at least they can stash their own candy in their room and keep it out of my sight and reach! I think my oldest has to work and the youngest is going to help the preacher at our church with a fall festival thing anyways.

At my WW meeting for the last few weeks they are gearing us up and focusing us on being smart during the holiday seasons. Honestly, I am not all that concerned about it. We don't do alot of parties or anything like that .. so I really only have to worry about Thanksgiving dinner itself .. which I will try to budget my points accordingly. Our leader had said to just try a teaspoon full of everything .. that will satisfy our need to taste everything .. and not feel deprived. Christmas Dinner we usually have at my house. So I will be able to make a few WW friendly choices that I think everyone will live with. My work .. we have a xmas party but we just go out to dinner at a nice restraunt that I can make easy choices at. So I think I am covered... I get the feeling if I focus and obsess and worry about these things .. that will be a trigger for me to over indulge. I am just tryin to treat them like any other day and plan on making the same choices I try to make every day. I am even more determined to keep on track after getting into Onderland .. I don't want to ever see my scale over 200 again. I know I still have 30 lbs to go but even with slips .. as long as I never see 200 on my scales again .. I am 6ft .. I can carry weight pretty good .. no one guess's my weight ..ever.. I do want to reach my goal .. don't get me wrong .. but getting under 200 is a big deal to me .. it makes me realize I can do it .. if i can do this .. i can make it! anyways .. I have rambled SOOOOO much here... hope everyone is doing great .. Keep on goin! We are in this for life!
owira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 02:33 PM   #12  

Hi Owira!

I was trying to just stay focused on the day to day dieting and completely wasn't thinking about all the great holiday stuff coming out. What to do? Get the glue.... Lol. Gorilla glue is supposed to be really good. Heehee...

I hear you can make mashed potatoes with chicken broth or something like that instead of butter and milk. Or at least use skim milk. I love mashed potatoes but they are so fattening. Turkey isn't bad... I just think I'd love to eat all that great food, after all it's just one meal but I guess since I'm officially on a diet I'd better learn to cut corners and eat better.

Yay for you! Under 200 and going down! Keep up the great job.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:23 PM   #13  
*confetti*

S/C/G: 270.9/176.1/165

Height: 5'6"

For most people the hardest holidays are Thanksgiving and Christmas: For me it's Halloween.

Fortunately eating good things has made eating junkfood intolerable past a piece of candy or two. I still enjoy junkfood, but not as much as I used to and certainly not in the quantities that I used to eat. It's just too sweet.

And I definitely hate how junkfood dehydrates me. Last night I allowed myself a sucker and it felt like I had to drink a gallon of water afterwards.

What I plan to do is have a sucker or two on Halloween and then only allow myself the leftover candy as dessert for my treat meal. If a decent quantity is leftover then I will pawn it off on family members.
Zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #14  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Zorak- Are you glad that you no longer like junk food? I don't like junk food much any more, either. Sometimes I like that my tastes have changed. Other times I sort of find it sad- like I'm letting go of an old friend. Oh, dear, does that make me seem sad and messed up?

Sugarbaby- I am amazed at how many foods can be tweaked to be acceptable. To me, that is part of the process. I want to be able to eat well for the rest of my life- food that is good for me, and I want to enjoy it, as well. This evening, I had planned a cup of chocolate milk. Before, I would have filled a glass with probably 1.5 cups of milk and a quarter of a cup of chocolate syrup. Tonight, I have a measured cup of milk with a small amount of sugar free choc syrup. It is still very tasty, and I am not "blowing" my plan.

Owira- Just say no to Halloween candy! I have not purchased any this year, and have been pondering just not buying any. I think I would rather pretend I'm not home and just not have to deal with the temptation. And CONGRATS on Onederland! You are doing GREAT!

Jelly-sounds like you have a good halloween plan! Hope you're getting your WATER!

GoingGoal- LOL about the coconut. It seems like people feel very strongly one way or the other about coconut. I am on the other side of the fence, but I respect your opinion, especially if that strategy gets you through Halloween!

About me- I have been really on plan AND exercising! It has been a good eating weekend and right now my legs are feeling the FIRM exercise video I did just a little bit ago.

I am so fickle about my body image. One day I am loving myself, the next day so critical of me. This evening I am just going to love myself. I am getting slimmer and stronger and I have been Disciplined this weekend. Woohoo!
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:50 PM   #15  

Ahh You are so right NewDay4MeToo. It's all about learning to tweak stuff. I can't wait until my taste buds cringe at junk food. I have some really bad habits to change. I would never have thought about measuring food or using sugar free choc. syrup. Thanks for that little tip. I want to start using these ideas in my family meal planning. I don't want my kids to end up with bad eating habits and weight issues because of a bad role model in their lives.