Old 02-07-2006, 02:01 AM   #1  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 154/148/115

Height: 4'11"

Cool Fit to Fight for Life: TaeBo / Bootcamp Challenge

I'm back from my hiking trip and managed to drag myself to the DVD player to do my first day of Billy's Bootcamp! I didn't even get through half of the DVD, but I'm going to stick with it. I know for a fact if I do, I will lose weight because man do those workouts kick butt.

So here's the challenge. In the past, I've done Tae-Bo and lost weight, but after my last child was born, I couldn't stick with it. But no more excuses. The challenge is to make TaeBo or Bootcamp a habit... to do it everyday we're supposed to and to make ourselves "Fit to Fight for Life" as Billy says.

I'm not going to set a specific weight less goal for the group. If you want to do that for yourself or have a mini challenge for the group, you can. But this is more about challenging yourself to actually do the workouts, to get through the whole tape, to move on to harder ones when you can and to make Tae Bo or Bootcamp part of your lifestyle.

This is for anyone doing anything Billy Blank's related. Come here and check in, support others, set a goal for yourself, rant or rave about your latest experience, update us on your progress, challenge the group... and just help make we all do our workouts!

.................................................. ........................

So come on, introduce yourself... What are your goals? Any specific short term challenge? Update us on the progress!
inklestinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:07 AM   #2  
Go Blue Team!

My specific goal for myself is to do it at least every other day like Billy instructs in the Bootcamp series. Maybe not the exact schedule (I seriously doubt I'll be able to do Cardio this weekend, oy, but I will try to do one of the tapes or dvds.

I don't have a set weight goal... the one in my ticker is what the BMI chart says. I just want to be fit so I can be more active and feel better about myself. But you know... if I got down to 115, I'd be ok with that too.

My short term goals are to get through it week by week. I even have a reward system set up so that each week I complete, I get either money to put towards my digital camera and stuff from the adidas store.

So far...

Sunday: Rest Day
Monday: Basic Bootcamp - could only do half
Tuesday: --
Wednesday: --
Thursday: --
Friday: --
Saturday: --
Old 02-08-2006, 07:34 PM   #3  

First let me say that I LOVE Taebo. Right now my goal is to do it once per week because I have so much other exercise built into my schedule right now. My preference is to do whichever one I feel like doing that day. I have so many it will be easy to never get bored and ALWAYS be challenged.
72butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:51 PM   #4  

I'm Want To Purchase Billy's Bootcamp, But Can't Decide On The Original Billy's Bootcamp Or Billy's Bootcamp Elite!!! Does Anyone Have Any Good Suggestions On These Dvds??
Iliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #5  
Go Blue Team!

Thanks for joining in on the challenge!

I lose already... problems this week and no second workout. This always happens and always gets me too depressed to start over again, but not this time. Next week, I'll start another "first week". And keep at it until I'm on schedule. I just gotta figure out how to fit it into my daily routine.

Iliette - I think it depends on what you get with both. I have the Bootcamp set with the full length Cardio DVD and I love it the fact that it's full length instead of only 8min. But that's a personal preference. The workouts might be different on the Elite set to the point where you don't need an extra Cardio video anyways... plus they come with those spiffy new bands. Either way, either set, if you stick with it, you will lose weight. So really it's up to you...
Old 02-12-2006, 07:50 PM   #6  

I did Taebo Cardio yesterday. It is on my schedule to do today. I just ordered Taebo Cardio Circuit 1 and Billy Bands. I am excited about that.
72butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:10 AM   #7  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I do Billys Bootcamp. Im still on Basic Training too. I have been doing it without the bands because I moved and they are in one of the remaining boxes ( I hope) Its still a good workout with out the bands. The stomach exercises on the floor at the end kick my I dont have the Cardio one, I just have Basic Training, Ultimate Bootcamp, and Bootcamp Abs. I alternate Bootcamp one day and Pilates the next, and then I generally take weekends off, just because we generally are out all weekend, spending time as a family. But I dont take off from my "diet" I just use sat and sun as rest days, well that seems to be the trend. I am doing this for right now until it gets old, then I will move on to my Ultimate Bootcamp. We have a workout room here in my apt complex, but I have to go get a key, then maybe on the weekends I will do cardio in the workout room and just see billy and mari during the week. I just dont want my body to get used to the exercise.

monday I did Billy
Today was Windsor Pilates ( 55mins)
Wed I have another date with Billy!
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote