Weekly Focus 10-06 to 10-13 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 10-06-2004, 08:13 AM   #1  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Arrow Weekly Focus 10-06 to 10-13

Ready for another weekly challenge?

This week's challenge is to drink at least 64 ounces of water every day. You can have it flavored if you like, but it must be calorie-free, sugar-free, and caffeine-free.

Did you know that both sugar and caffeine can actually make you hungry? And caffeine can deplete your bones of much-needed calcium! Bad, bad, bad!

Flush out those digestive systems! Drinking water helps keep you hydrated (which is oh-so-important with all the exercise we do, plus the changing temperatures for some of us), it actually keeps you from storing excess water in your body, and it makes your entire body run more smoothly, which makes you shed pounds more easily.

So drink up, chicks! And keep a daily tally on your water!
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:32 AM   #2  
"workin' on my fitness"

Sounds very doable here- I'm in!

Now I have to go fill this glass- I just finished my diet coke (bad!) and need to counteract that.
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:16 AM   #3  

Not a problem for me. Yesterday I had 104 oz. Two 32 oz bottles at work and two 20 oz bottles at home. Pee'd all day but I got in 104 oz!!
sparked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 09:57 AM   #4  
"workin' on my fitness"

Yesterday I got 72oz in while at work, so yaaay, me! LOL. Got my first 24oz glass poured, and starting to sip that while I type & read. If I double the water, maybe I can get a few hundred extra steps in on the pedometer with the additional bathroom trips? LOL.
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:08 PM   #5  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default But but but but....

No sugar free Kool-aid? That's two of my three or four 24 oz daily bottles!! Oh sugar foot! Maybe this one (challenge) isn't doable for me. But I'm not giving up on the other stuff.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:50 PM   #6  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Mary, isn't your Kool Aid calorie free, sugar free, and caffeine free?? Wouldn't that count??
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 09:51 PM   #7  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Kooooooool-aid

I know it's caffeine free and sugar free, but I'm not sure about the calories. I think it has a few POINTS in it, so it's probably very low in calories if it has any. But I like water too. I'm still counting it towards my water. I think it's still a feat for me.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:03 PM   #8  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Mary, if it works for you, it works for me. It's probably not enough calories to be significant, at any rate, and that's what matters.

As for me, I made it to 68 yesterday, and I'm at 48 right now, will drink another 16-oz glass before bed, putting me at 64. I can't not make my own challenge, now can I?

I've still got stuff to do though, so I'll be up for a while yet. Unfortunately.

When I really focus on it, my water intake isn't too tough. If I was allowed to have beverages at work it would be no problem at all, but the way it is, I have to wait until lunch, and I get my daily allowance of diet soda at lunch. And stupid me, I have to drink the caffeinated kind, so it doesn't count. I should consider switching. If only I knew what was good for me!

I know, I just don't do. One of life's little conundrums.

Keep drinking that H20, chicks!
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote