Old 09-29-2004, 08:32 PM   #1  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Thumbs up Weekly Focus 9-29 to 10-06

While month-long challenges and long-term goals are all well and good, some of us have a somewhat shorter attention span. This thread is for those who need little tiny things to work on, because we know we can do little tiny things.

Eventually though, those little tiny things add up into big payoffs!

My goals are quite frequently things like "I will drink this entire glass of water," and before I know it I've reached my water goal for the day.

Anyway, on this thread, which will run Wednesday-Wednesday (that way we have a chance to prepare for and recover from the weekends), I will post a weekly challenge, and possibly some daily challenges along the way. Anyone who wants to join, hop on! Keep us posted on what and how your doing.

Let's keep each other motivated!

Ready? Set.... Go!!!
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:42 PM   #2  
Bound and Determined

Arrow Weekly Challenge

This week's challenge is to add at least 1 serving of fruits or vegetable PER DAY to your diet. That means that if you get no veggies or fruits whatsoever (like me), you only have to eat one. If you eat 4 or 5 on a daily basis (good job!), then you eat 5 or 6. You get the idea.

Determine how to best fit this "extra" food into your plan... you can just add it to your menu, or you can swap it for something else (carrots instead of potato chips at lunch, etc), it's your call. Try to plan for it. Planning helps, even if you don't always (or ever) follow your plan exactly.

I'm calling this the "Carrots vs. Candy Bars" Challenge. (That's one of my dad's favorite terms for successful dieting mentality.)

Good luck!
Old 09-29-2004, 10:33 PM   #3  

Solution: chocolate-covered carrot.

OK, my goal is one FRESH fruit or veggie per day. Got today covered. Although of late, I might be beginning to grow salad out of my ears. Got to find another fresh veggie.
Aquareggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 07:04 PM   #4  

I don't mind joining up for this. I already got today's covered. Ate and apple for breakfast without any complaints!!!. I just need to go and get more of a variety of fruits in the house.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:08 PM   #5  
Bound and Determined

Woohoo! I actually ate vegetables today!
I had 2 carrots at lunch, and 1/2 a big cucumber at dinner! Yay!

Let's see what I can dig up for tomorrow...
~Elisha
Old 10-01-2004, 11:43 PM   #6  
Bound and Determined

Did everyone eat their vegetables today? I sure did!

I had both broccoli and cauliflower at dinner, and I tried to have an avocado at lunch but the stupid thing apparently didn't want to be eaten yet. The strange thing is, I love broccoli and cauliflower, but I hardly ever eat them. Fortunately for me, I kept some raw in the frige so I can take it with my lunch tomorrow. Hooray for planning ahead! And I think avocados are just plain wonderful, but they're too darn expensive for me to eat many of them at this point, not to mention loaded with calories, at least as far as fruits go (fruit? vegetable? I think they're technically fruits.... then again, tonight, I think *I* am the fruit.). Why is healthy food more expensive than junk food? That's not fair. I like the fat free potato chips, but they're over $4 a bag, where the regular ones are only like $1.50... that just plain SUCKS!

But once I get my stinking job, I'll be able to afford nice wholesome foods like fruits or vegetables or fat free potato chips. Wouldn't that be nice?

Ok, I'll quit rambling now... Have a great night!