1,000 Magnificent Miles in 2017

You're on Page 28 of 29
Go to
  • 1854 miles for the year (includes exercise and daily movement).

Rosinante, How are you doing? It's been a challenge this last week with almost no outside time. I've been occasionally riding my recumbent bike at night, which adds on the miles, but not nearly as satisfying as walking outside.

Hi to Everyone, Keep on MOVING
  • 1507.35 miles.

Thank you for asking, workinglikeadog. Doing OK but laid low with a manky cold, so my walking's not been that extensive. Back up to my 4 miles yesterday!

Well done on your totals! Are you going to make 2,000? You look on track for it!
  • Rosinante,
    Yahoo to your 10 miles yesterday. Please send me some of that inspiration!! I am in slug mode.
  • Haha, I'm pretty sluggly too! That was over 3 days!
  • January miles: 153.10
    February miles: 147.55
    March miles: 150.58
    April miles: 150.56
    May miles: 138.33
    June miles: 129.5
    July miles: 119.23

August miles: 122.41
    September miles: 120.22
    October miles: 119.37
    November miles: 125.39
    Total to date: 1,476.24 miles
  • Good morning

I'm always so impressed when I return to this thread. The number of miles folks have walked, swam, ran, ridden, etc. is inspiring. I entered my numbers yesterday for the last few months. My end of the year goal is to finish strong and have my final mileage look more like my January-April mileage.

Wishing everyone a great week!
  • curvy, you're doing really well!!
  • Hi everyone. I'm back and want to finish 2017 strong. Everyone's mileage is so impressive - great job. I didn't do a lot of exercise from July to end of November. I wanted to see where I end up at the end of the year and have checked my fitbit history from June to present. I've updated my miles to end of November.

I got back on track at the beginning of December and want to have a good finish to the year. I think my original goals were to do 1000 miles of intentional exercise and 500 miles of non-exercise miles. I decided to just do a combined goal of 1500 as it was quite a bit of extra work to record both types of miles.

My total miles to the end of November is 1146.38 which is more than I thought it would be considering I was off track for 5 months.

January: 184.64
    February: 170.06
    March: 104.5
    April: 126.83
    May: 108.8
    June: 77.08
    July: 61.08
    August: 90.96
    September: 65.23
    October: 91.15
    November: 66.05
    December:

Total to date: 1,146.38 miles
  • curvy, Way to go for the year!

flower, Nice to see your check in. Those miles do add up. That's an impressive total for not working at it. I do this challenge because I need to motivate myself to move somehow during these winter months (and occasional lazy spurts year round as well). I live in the country and don't have a friend to kick my *** when needed. I did find a neighbor who can walk after work in good weather and on weekends occasionally, so nice!

Rosinante, I sent you a private message.

I hit 1900 miles for the year, yahoo! I'll keep trying for 2017 miles for the year so I get movement in. Mostly indoor exercise these days .
  • Thanks, Rosiante and Diana. I appreciate the support. I need to go back and think about why those earlier months were so successful. I'm not a New Year's resolution kind of gal, so I know that's not it. to you both for knocking it out of the park.

flower1, if you can amass 1,100+ being off track 5 months, I can't wait to see what you do in 2018! Well done!

Not walked as far this week ~ mainly because I've had other stuff to do, plus it's been seriously cold and icy underfoot.

On the other hand (and this is not an excuse, honest!) it's been quite good for me to not make my daily targets (refuse to use the word "fail") because I have a tendency to obsess, and to get too anxious if I don't make said target. It's really, really important to try but sometimes life gets in the way, and that has to be OK too.

flower1 ~ Well done for your totals, and for getting back on track!!

workinglikeadog ~ just seen your pm and answered: Great idea! And well done on your great total!!
  • curvy, workinglikeadog, rosinante - thanks for your support.

Rosinante - try not to be too hard on yourself - you're doing great!

workinglikeadog - like you I find it helpful to do this challenge to help motivate myself and it gives me something to work towards. I usually walk on my own too but occasionally a friend will join me.

Dec miles:
    Dec 1-9: 28.72

Thank you, flower1!!