Old 03-27-2016, 03:08 PM   #1  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default W.O.W. Women on WEED - Free to be Fit - July 4th Challenge

Women on... WHAT??

"Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since, we love to add new friends too. We use the word "WEED" as a reminder to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

We would love to have you join this challenge! When you do, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:48 PM   #2  
The Sky is the Limit!

A little late getting started, but here is our next challenge thread. A three monther!

Kris here - 44 - soon to be 45 on July 4th! I am a Public Works Director for my home town and over see about 75 employees in 11 different divisions. I am married to my best friend and we have 4 kiddos in our blended family. 3 boys (26,14,11) and one 16 YO daughter. Where does the time go?

Life is crazy, work is out of control, but I decided that 2016 was the year I was going to find life balance. I always say I am over worked, over tired and underwhelmed with life. This year I am leaving work on time, only working one weekend a month (not 4!) and I am going to spend more time on me, and with the fam. I am also going to start my training for the Tinkerbell 1/2 marathon that I will be running with MotherMavis. I WILL.

My eating plan is currently following WW and counting points. Down 8 lbs in the first couple of weeks. Up last week due to vacation fun, but back on track today, which is why it was time to me to restart a thread.

Fitbit is always on. Got yours? Join up with the WEED group there too. Its nice to cheer each other and see whats happening when we can't get here everyday.

My goals for this challenge:
Drop 25lbs
Walk to Santa Barbara, figuratively of course. 95 miles by 7/4
Begin a Miracle Morning routine.

Here to three months of friendship, success and knowing we all are free to be fit. It's all about the choices. Lets celebrate freedom by enjoying our freedom to choose!
Old 03-27-2016, 05:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

I'm here....I'm 51. What! When did that happen? Anyways, I've been married to my English hubs for almost nine years now. I've got three stepsons across the pond (28, 30, and 32) and my son and daughter here (28, 26). Right now I'm by the pool at moms in Florida. I'm a spring breaking high school teacher, former food scientist.

My goal is to continue with the yoga classes started last week, hit my original goal of 130 lbs plus a few more as a bonus, and spend loads of time vegetable gardening.....this is what jump started the weight loss last summer.

It's a little late for today's weed, but tomorrow's is....

W - 1500 ml
E - 10,000 steps walking the neighborhood morning/evening and maybe getting in pool
E - 500 cal deficit: ham/egg break, au gratin potatoes lunch, dinner ?
D - Read!
D -

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 03-27-2016 at 10:51 PM.
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:08 PM   #4  
The Sky is the Limit!

Yay PQ! Glad to see you here! Enjoy some Florida sunshine and that family!

Came back to post my weed for the week too!

W-64 oz minimum
E - 30 days of Yoga in the mornings - Walk a mile a day.
E - Log it. Say within daily WW points. Stay out of weeklies.
D - You are capable of anything you set your mind to. Set it. Go get it!
Old 03-27-2016, 06:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Ok, I'm on vacation in Colorado, so personals are short!

I'm Mavis, been not here much lately! I'll be 50 in June. Work 2 jobs, married for almost 30 years, kids are on opposite sides of the country, which is why I'm in Colorado!

I'm going to aim for 12 pounds this challenge. I'm hovering in the high 150's and low 160's, let's get solidly to 140's!!!

W 100 a day
E low carb
E running is my choice, need to get more weights
D just keep moving forward. Depression kicks my butt regularly.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:07 PM   #6  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

I’d love to join you ladies if you’ll have me! My name is Susan. I’m 58 and a long-time divorcee with two adult children. My daughter (35) lives in the UK with her hubby. She has a law degree and is currently finishing her PhD at Oxford. My son (33) lives in Canada, as do I. He worked as a personal trainer for many years, but is now back at school studying to be a paramedic. I’m a partner of a large international accounting/consulting firm, and I'm involved in investment banking (mergers and acquisitions). I generally work very long hours (80+) from October to March, although my hours from April to Sep are more normal (40-50).

My diet is to eat healthy (high protein, lots of fruits and veggies, etc.) and watch my calories. I try to stay within 1,200 to 1,400 calories per day, preferably toward the lower end on most days. Exercise consists of power walking outside, weather permitting. Otherwise, I have a home gym and I work out using my treadmill, elliptical, recumbent bike or free weights. At present, I’m at home on short-term disability leave, recovering from radiation therapy to treat a brain tumor (not to worry, the tumor is not life-threatening). However, I’m still quite weak and light-headed from the treatments, so I’m just slowly getting back into an exercise routine.

I’m currently at 189.5 lbs., and I’d like to get into the 160’s by July 4, even if I just squeak in…which would mean a minimum 20 lb. loss. As for this week’s WEED:

W: Minimum 64 oz. per day
E: Minimum 30 minutes per day
E: Stay within 1,200 to 1,400 calories each day, with an average of no more than 1,250 per day over the week.
D: Try out at least 3 new healthy recipes this week. I’m not much of a cook, but I’m giving cooking a shot now that I’m off work for a while and have a bit more time.
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:35 PM   #7  
The Sky is the Limit!

Welcome Susan! We would love to have you join us! Here is to a strong recovery, lots of success in moving that scale, and learning (liking?) to cook. I'd rather change the tire on a car, but I am trying new things too. Glad you jumped in!

Mavie - hugs to you girl. Enjoy your time in Colorado. Don't let that depression strong arm you, sister. You are a super hero in my book!

Last edited by Nixmom; 03-27-2016 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:20 PM   #8  

Kris, thank you! Big hugs!!

Susan, welcome, glad you joined us!
Old 03-28-2016, 10:12 AM   #9  

Woke up in Colorado again today! Gorgeous here. The altitude is not bothering me this time either, so that's a plus. Just a quick trip to see our oldest. Hadn't spent Easter together since he moved here in 2012. It's hard to have your heart so far away. Today looks gorgeous here! The sun is shining on the river outside. I'm sitting in front of the fire waiting for him to get up, then we are going hiking today!! It's bright and sunny and about 20 degrees, so it should be perfect!

W 100
E hiking and probably some crunches
E try to minimize the damage.
D my heart is only happy when I am with one of my boys. Today is a good day!
Old 03-28-2016, 09:50 PM   #10  
The Sky is the Limit!

Evening girls!

Mavie - your trip sounds wonderful. How was the hike? I so want to get back to Colorado and trip around! Glad your heart is happy!

Hubby is gone fishing for a few days. House is quiet. I actually got a walk in last night, but its crazy windy and cold (CA cold) so rather than risk a redo of the nasty allergy driven cold bug, I figured I would do yoga tonight. Will have to make up my Monday night mile this week.

W - Not nearly enough. Gonna try to get 40oz down in the next 4 hours.
E - See above
E - I've already eaten dinner and still have points left. Enough for a glass of wine!
D - Slow down. Plan. Work the plan.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:33 AM   #11  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

HI ladies, glad to see a new thread.
I am up 3.2 for the month.
I can definitely feel the extra flab in my tummy because my clothes are snug.
The job that was supposed to help get me back on track has me sitting for hours at a time, doing very little.
I'm thinking I'll be in a Master's program early next year.
I'll get to intros and personals at a later time.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:03 AM   #12  

Kris, the hike was awesome! We did about 5 miles, weather was perfect and so was the company! I'm only here for 5 days, but we've managed to cram a lot into it. Scale be damned.

K9, the job will straighten out I bet. Hang in there!

W 100
E more movement, not sure what we are doing today
E choose well
D enjoy every moment
Old 03-29-2016, 10:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Morning all! I'm still in FLA but sticking to my plan. I walked over five miles yesterday with my mom, and it was at a good pace....93 active minutes plus what we did at the Edison-Ford estate/museum. Swimming today in her pool and dinner out. I've been cooking all the in-house meals so I can make sure they're all relatively healthy (non-processed ingredients).

W - 1500 ml
E - swimming and maybe a walk in the evening
E - high protein breakfast, 300 cal lunch, sensible dinner out
D - read

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 03-29-2016 at 10:30 AM.
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:59 AM   #14  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

My Mom stayed with me for the Easter weekend. Yesterday I drove her home (she lives about an hour away, but doesn’t drive). I then cleaned the house since it’s now back to just me (and my cats).

Mavis: I know how you feel. It’s tough when your kids live miles away. My daughter is in the UK and I only see her once in a blue moon. The hike sounds like fun. Enjoy the rest of your time with your son!

Kris: Hope your weather improves and you can do your walk, although I’ll take CA (California) cold over CA (Canada) cold any day of the week!

Krystal: Looking forward to reading your intro.

PQ: Sounds like you’re having a great time and sticking to plan…way to go!

Yesterday’s WEED results… My WEE goals were met, but I’m still working on the D!

W: Drank 64 oz.
E: Exercised for 30 minutes (15 treadmill; 15 elliptical)
E: Total calories: 1285
D: Between driving and cleaning, there was no time to try out a new recipe yesterday!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Tuscany; 03-29-2016 at 11:00 AM.
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:52 PM   #15  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone!

I'm Jeni, 39. Mother of two amazing kiddos. Makenna is 12, and Tommy is 10. My partner in life is Will. I have had lots of ups and downs with my weight over the past 13 years. Currently I am at my highest weight ever. 211 pounds I started on Zoloft a couple of years ago, which caused me to gain 5-8 pounds a month for 13 months. I switched to Prozac, but then I got hurt at work and couldn't do much moving. I have been working hard at conditioning myself to get back to work and I am up to walking 5k a day on the treadmill! Between walking, and cutting calories I have found a weigh to stop the weight gain! Now I just need to find a way to get the weight off!

My plan is to continue getting in my 5k a day. Sometimes on a treadmill, other times just walking. In the past I have lost the most when I don't eat whites at night, (bread, pasta, potatoes). I am going to continue my best at following that diet, but also cutting my calories down to 1500 calories a day. I like the idea of the 21 day fix. I just haven't found a way to incorporate that meal plan into my day without me starving. I don't like to be hungry.

In other hard eating plan news, Baseball season has started. Will is coaching this year, I am team mom. So I really need to plan plan plan.

I also love my smoothies. I try to drink one everyday for breakfast. Today's was 2 halos, 1 banana, 1 cup of carrots, 1tbs of chia seeds and water! Pretty tasty, but the halos didn't blend up that well. My favorite smoothie lately is avocado, cilantro, and pineapple!

W 80 oz
E 60 minute walk, playing catch with Tommy
E 1500 calories. (LOG LOG LOG!)
D Don't let the scale discourage me.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote