Old 12-26-2014, 11:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/215/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Capsule Kitchen Challenge

Anyone heard of the Capsule Kitchen Challenge? I think I'll give it a try, beginning in January, for three months. Have a draft of my food list done. The idea of limiting variety goes against conventional wisdom, but personally I do better if I just eat basically the same things every day.
jessy 49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:15 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I have never heard of this Capsule Kitchen Challenge (I had to google and read up on it!), but I'm not surprised that it strikes a chord with some people.

I do best with a very simple daily menu, and I eat the same things over and over (and over). Simplicity definitely helps keep me on an even keel, and I've been eating this way for far longer than 3 months. I would say simplicity has been a key factor in addressing my binge disorder as well. I think I am lucky that I don't get bored with foods easily, because that is never a problem.

I never really thought about it, but I also wear the same clothes over and over (I see there is a closet/clothing challenge) -- to the point that when my clothes get worn out, I want to replace each item with an exact replica.

So maybe there are just certain types of brains that operate best when things are minimalist! My brain would fall into that group.

I hope you get some folks who join your challenge, I wish you good luck!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 12-26-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote