Old 07-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #46  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

I've been going alot of research. I dont have my first dr visit until July 26th. I've also been picking the brains of my friends that are pregnant or have babies. They've all told me that you are either going to lose weight (morning sickness) or only gain upwards to 5 pounds in the first trimester. Of course when I go to the dr I'm going to double check all of this, but I imagine they would have told me when I confirmed I was pregnant if I needed start gaining.
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

They will tell you to gain between 10-20 pounds regardless of how much you weigh. I was 248 with #1 and was told to gain 15. I gained 4. I did not have a happy doctor...but I also had "morning sickness" the ENTIRE pregnancy.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 178/167/147

Height: 5"10

Oh ok! It's crazy how long doctors appointments can take to get! Thanks for letting me knoW about your research w
Rintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #49  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU TEHSHORT!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot wait to see and hear more about your happy pregnancy!

Welcome Rintin to the challenge! We are all here to support each other and keep each other going so you have come to the right place! I used to drink a good bit and have problems with my eating habits so I have been overcoming those!

Zoesmom I heard the same thing about pregnancy weight gain when one is overweight or obese, that's why I wanted to at least be in the 230s or lower 240s if I got pregnant before I reached goal, I don't mind the way I feel at that weight range as much as when I am over 250, it's a big difference for me!

I am happy to say I lost 5.6lbs this past week so I am back on track! I am going to work super hard at losing the rest of my regain then focus on getting lower than 245, which was my starting weight for the challenge!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #50  

Pink Hurricane- thanks for the welcome! I want to learn to eat better and get in better shape to have a more calm mental state
Great work on losing 6.5 pounds! Really nice number getting back to it!!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #51  

233.3 today
Old 07-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #52  

Nice work zoesmom!!!! Getting closer and closer to that next goal
Old 07-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #53  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Yay for the loss ZoesMom! And thanks for the encouragment Rintin!

How are you ladies doing? I was at 247.8 lbs this morning, so that's a 1.6lb loss for this week, so almost back to 245! Goal is to definitely be in the 230s asap! My husband and I have been very baby fever crazy lately, like always, but it seems to be more prominent since I'm not on any birth control and my body seems to have regulated for the most part.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #54  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

Officially out of weight watchers. I think it's kind of silly that you can't stay in it while pregnant to keep a healthy track and to gradually gain weight the smart way. Oh well.

I am super psyched about MyFitnessPal. It has a "maintain" feature for the 1st trimester and both "gain 0.5 pounds a week" and "gain 1 pound a week" for 2nd and 3rd trimester.

Staying healthy for baby! I'm not trying to lose anymore and I still lost 2 pounds this week! lol. oh well. I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts huh?
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Hurricane View Post
Yay for the loss ZoesMom! And thanks for the encouragment Rintin!

How are you ladies doing? I was at 247.8 lbs this morning, so that's a 1.6lb loss for this week, so almost back to 245! Goal is to definitely be in the 230s asap! My husband and I have been very baby fever crazy lately, like always, but it seems to be more prominent since I'm not on any birth control and my body seems to have regulated for the most part.
Okay...I NEED to move to BC now...
Old 07-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #56  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone! I would love to join your group. First because you all seem like a great group & second because I'm in the process of losing the weight gain from my daughter so we can get pregnant with baby #2. My daughter turns 1 on August 6 and being as we're only getting older we want the next soon. When I got pregnant I weighed 208. The day I gave birth, 270 (I was so swollen I couldn't move my legs!). Today I weighed myself at 224.4. I would like to at least get back to my 208 before getting pregnant again but not using any birth control (although my daughter is birth control all in herself!). And this time around I want to be more careful about how much I gain. I lived on cheese fries and ice cream last time. Not doing that again!! I started this week working out - I've been pretty good on my portions which is why I've lost most of the weight but have been terrible about being consistently active. So Monday I tried Zumba, which was interesting. But the last two days I've been doing pilates. I've always enjoyed pilates and hope that I can get back to the level I once was (many moons ago!). When I weighed myself Monday I was at 226, today 224.4. I know I can get the last 16 lbs if I just stick with pilates and some zumba and/or walking thrown in. And hopefully somewhere along the way Baby #2 will make an appearance
StNessa79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #57  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Got my two pilates workouts in today. Eating was decent. I want & need to focus on getting more water throughout the day. Hope everyone had a good day & was able to stay focused!
StNessa79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #58  

I had a nice huge WHOOSH since last week....228.5 as of this morning! Taht would be a HUGE 4.8lbs lost in a week!!!!

How is everyone else doing...and welcome to our newbies in the challenge!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #59  

Great job zoesmom!! Welcome stnessa79! Zoesmom--any big challenges you were able o overcome this week? Looks like you put in a lot of hard work!!
I am not doing the best but it's Tom. Which I actually get exited for since we want to get pregnant soon and I am neverous that it might b hard since I have in frequenecy there. Or maybe just a long cycle 45 days which might just be on the long end. Anyway I know with digence I can by at 150 or under but I have a hard time on weekends. It seems like you work so hard all week it's special to go out to dinner or on vacation how does anyone just order a salad???? Any tips or thought process that has been successful for you is appreciate.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #60  

Hi all!! I just found ths thread, because I've been basically checking out every board on 3fc since I'm just sitting on the couch waiting for baby!! I'm going in for an induction in 9 days (see ticker) and really I don't feel like doing much beyond the bare minimun for house work and caring for my other kids.

Congrats to all that are currently pregnant!! And good luck to all that are losing weight to get pregnant!!

I read over some of the posts. I think its a great goal to try not to gain too much while pregnant. With each of my pregnancies, I gained a lot of weight! I was about 160 when I got preg with my first, and was about 240 after deliver, with my second I was about 160 again pre prego, and about 220 after deliver. Before this one I did get down to 145, but I miscarried twice and gained over that time (not from being preg, more from being depressed) and I was 180 when I got pregnant with this one, and I'm expecting to be about 220 after deliver again.

Maybe my experiences can help you not gain off the charts like I did!

With all three pregnancies I lost weight the first trimester, with my last pregnancy being the worst, I think I lost about 15 pounds. Eating healthy was not a goal...just eating whatever didn't come back up was. So it was mostly carbs, crackers and plain noodles, but it was so little I lost anyway. If you do end up with morning (all day) sickness, its very difficult to keep down anything other thatn what you are craving or sounds tolerable, but like I said, you probably won't eat much anyway. I've had friends that gain weight in the first trimester because they didn't get morning sickness and just ate to their cravings.

With all three pregnancies, especially my first, I gained pretty much on schedule through the second trimester. With my first I was right on schedule until the third trimester. During the beginning of the 2nd T my appetite was still dull and of course I felt good, so I was still working and active.

For me it was the third T that did me in. At that point, I was sitting a lot more, because I was tired and hurting. Also my appetite increased towards the end of the 2nd T and into the third, so I was eating a lot and craving high calorie foods. I try to eat healthy high calorie foods like nuts, cheeses, avocado, that type of stuff, but calories are calories and I'm still eating whenever I'm hungry.

And the weird part is that, when I'm not pregnant, if I eat completely uncontrolled with out any exercise (I've done it before sadly enough) I will usually even out around 180 lbs. But when I'm pregnant I even out around the mid 230s. I did try to monitor my cals with this pregnancy, but idk, its just easier to gain while pregnant, but still, the amount I gain, it definitely from just eating as much as I want (and whatever). I even only drank lemon water this pregnancy so I wasn't drinking any calories. Although with this one technically I didn't gain as much since I started higher...so I guess watching worked a little!!

I did make sure to lose the weight between each baby. And I am lucky that I never have any blood sugar or BP issues, but the extra weight still feels crappy.

I hope all you ladies do well. It is absolutely possible to gain a healthy amount of weight and not go over board. For me it snuck up on my in the 3rd trimester each time, so my recommendation is to stay with calorie counting to the very end.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote