Old 10-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #1  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Default ChaLEAN Extreme Challenge

I have recently started doing the ChaLEAN Extreme program and have been looking for anyone else to join me in a challenge to help the motivation up! Angieand2girls has also started the program so we are doing the challenge together.

If there's anyone that would like to join us please feel free to post your results or challenges with the program below!

"Go Heavy or GO HOME!"

Last edited by SunnySide99; 11-03-2012 at 01:34 PM.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:36 PM   #2  
Maintaining since 2013

I was so happy to learn about this program on this forum. I have been searching, searching and searching for a series of strength-training workouts I can do in my own home. When I tried the first video I knew I found what I have been looking for!

Up to this point I have completed 4 videos...Burn Circuits 1 - 3 and Burn Intervals. I'm not a big fan of Burn It Off, but I may attempt it one day however. I am not completing the videos in the order as suggested. I have take a class on Monday nights so I work my schedule around it:

Monday: My one hour strength-training class
Tuesday:
Wednesday: Burn Circuit 1
Thursday:
Friday: Burn Circuit 2 & Ab Burner
Saturday: Burn Intervals
Sunday: Burn Circuit 3

I'm still trying to figure out where to add Recharge, but as long as I get it done I will be happy.

I am using 5 lb and 12 lb weights and I will be purchasing 20 lbs weights soon.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

I am interested to see how you do with ChaLEAN Extreme. I am doing some beachbody workouts. Her more simple one, Turbo Jam. I have several of her Turbo Jam DVDs. It has a sculpting portions as well. So I will do cardio and strength. Anywho, after sticking with those I want to either do ChaLEAN extreme or some other Beach Body Workout that is more aggressive. That is my goal for 2013. I am excited to hear of your results!!! Hopefully someone else will chime in to encourage you because you are encouraging me!!
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

So far I am loving Chalean Extreme too! Thanks for starting this challenge, SunnySide99, maybe others will join too.

I am in Week 2 of Burn Circuits right now. I feel like I'm seriously getting stronger already. I only do the 3-day-a-week circuit videos (and not any of the other videos that come with the program) because I do other things for cardio. I purchased the Selectech weights like the ones used in the videos. I'm pretty strong so I need the heavier weights, so it was a good investment. Tomorrow is Burn Circuit 2 again and I'm looking forward to doing it!

Ann - if you're looking for an agressive beachbody workout, I'd reccommend Insanity. It is totally INSANE lol! But I love it! I'm doing it simultaneously with Chalean Extreme (Insanity in the AM, Chalean in the PM) and it's been going GREAT!
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/Ticker/140

Height: 5"3

I still have 2.5 weeks of Insanity left, but I'll likely be staring CLX after that! I think my body will need a break from the intensity and I get bored easily, so I think it's a good idea to switch it up a bit!
strutter5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Angie, Thanks! I am looking for something to get me started for 2013. So would you start with Insanity OR ChaLEAN Extreme?? I am going to invest in one of those because I like Shaun T (from my Hip Hop Abs) and Chalene (from Turbo Jam). I LOVE their personalities!!

Last edited by RoyalAthena; 10-31-2012 at 11:19 PM.
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #7  
Maintaining since 2013

Hi everyone!

I saw this woman in the grocery store last night in her workout clothes. She looked GREAT. She was tall and had the most beautiful arm and back muscles. She was a big inspiration to me...she wasn't big and bulky, but feminine and toned. I burned an image to my head and thought to myself "Summer 2013 baby!" lol

RoyalAthena - Thank you so much for letting me know that I am encouraging you. I have to admit it sounds a bit strange to me (nothing to do with you, but to hear someone saying that about me!) but I am so glad to hear that! I'm not going in to the program based on their claim of burning up to 60% of body fat in 3 months however, I just want to get firmer and stronger.

angieand2girls - Hi there and thanks for joining! I hope others will join too. I know I am getting stronger too and believe it or not I am seeing and feeling results. This just morning I was brushing my hair up into a bun and I saw small muscles on the sides in the mirror and I wasn't flexing! So crazy! How many pounds are you using?

By the way you are inspiring me to give Insanity a try. Even though I believe I'm in good enough shape to complete the moves, I'm just concerned about reinjuring my lower back and I'm also concerned about my knees (I don't have bad knees but I always keep them in mind for when I get older). We'll see though, as I am content with my current workout plan!

strutter5150 - Switching things up is a great idea to keep you from being bored and to confuse the muscles. How did Insanity work out for you?

For any woman that is concerned about lifting heavier weights, please don't be concerned about looking like a wrestler. I know I used to be worried about that. Women don't produce as much testosterone as men and lifting heavy weights will promote strength not size. I would also like to recommend a book called "The New Rules of Lifting for Women", it helped changed my mindset.

I can also say that I've been lifting heavier weights for the past 2 months and I am actually getting smaller and tighter.

Last edited by SunnySide99; 11-01-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAthena View Post
Angie, Thanks! I am looking for something to get me started for 2013. So would you start with Insanity OR ChaLEAN Extreme?? I am going to invest in one of those because I like Shaun T (from my Hip Hop Abs) and Chalene (from Turbo Jam). I LOVE their personalities!!
Ann, I started with Insanity because I hadn't discovered Chalean Extreme until I was about 2 months into my journey. I think Insanity conditioned my muscles significantly to be able to start off with heavier weights with Chalean Extreme. In the end, it's personal preference of course, but I was also interested in losing some fat first, before I got into weight training.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide99 View Post
angieand2girls - Hi there and thanks for joining! I hope others will join too. I know I am getting stronger too and believe it or not I am seeing and feeling results. This just morning I was brushing my hair up into a bun and I saw small muscles on the sides in the mirror and I wasn't flexing! So crazy! How many pounds are you using?

By the way you are inspiring me to give Insanity a try. Even though I believe I'm in good enough shape to complete the moves, I'm just concerned about reinjuring my lower back and I'm also concerned about my knees (I don't have bad knees but I always keep them in mind for when I get older). We'll see though, as I am content with my current workout plan!
I use the same amount of weight that Chalean uses when she calls out how much she picks up for each exercise. There are a few exercises where I go 2.5lbs under her, but I can fatigue between 10-12 reps doing the amount she does. I've always been pretty strong though.

As far as Insanity, I had the same concerns as you (back and knees). I had weak back muscles prior to losing weight and starting Insanity, but I stayed conscious of how I performed the moves/excercises until I got stronger and could handle more. I modified pratically every exercise when I first started. Now I can do them with proper form with no problems. Insanity seems intimidating, but only if you let it lol. Start at your own pace and work your way up. You should try it!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 224/Ticker/140

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide99 View Post

strutter5150 - Switching things up is a great idea to keep you from being bored and to confuse the muscles. How did Insanity work out for you?
I really like it when I thought I wouldn't! lol Shaun T is awesome--not condescending or annoying like some people in home workout programs!

I've lost 11.5 inches since my last measurements two weeks ago. Pounds wise, I lost 2 and then gained them back so I'm at a wash. I'm trying to not focus on the scale so much but it's tough!

I have tried Turbo Jam as well but I quit that within a week. Maybe I shouldn't have but I just couldn't get the footwork down.
strutter5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #11  
Maintaining since 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieand2girls View Post
I use the same amount of weight that Chalean uses when she calls out how much she picks up for each exercise. There are a few exercises where I go 2.5lbs under her, but I can fatigue between 10-12 reps doing the amount she does. I've always been pretty strong though.

As far as Insanity, I had the same concerns as you (back and knees). I had weak back muscles prior to losing weight and starting Insanity, but I stayed conscious of how I performed the moves/excercises until I got stronger and could handle more. I modified pratically every exercise when I first started. Now I can do them with proper form with no problems. Insanity seems intimidating, but only if you let it lol. Start at your own pace and work your way up. You should try it!
NICE!!!!!!! I hope to get to that point after I complete this month. I definitely need heavier weights for the lower body exercises however. 12 lbs is nothing to me but I can make it feel heavier.

I hear you about Insanity...mind over matter huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutter5150 View Post
I really like it when I thought I wouldn't! lol Shaun T is awesome--not condescending or annoying like some people in home workout programs!

I've lost 11.5 inches since my last measurements two weeks ago. Pounds wise, I lost 2 and then gained them back so I'm at a wash. I'm trying to not focus on the scale so much but it's tough!

I have tried Turbo Jam as well but I quit that within a week. Maybe I shouldn't have but I just couldn't get the footwork down.
11.5 inches lost is wonderful so don't hang your head too low okay?
Old 11-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #12  
Maintaining since 2013

I did Burn Circuit 2 today and had a great workout. I love, love, love doing the bicep curls really slow and the tricep overhead really slow (a problem area). Next up is Burn Intervals and Ab Burner tomorrow. No excuses!

Hope things are coming along nicely for you Angie!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #13  

Hi everyone!

SunnySide - yes things are still going great! I just did Burn Circuit 2 yesterday and I also LOOOVE the bicep curls. My biceps are pretty strong and it feels so good to work them out. I do have a problem stabilizing myself when I have the band around my leg and doing the leg lift at the same time. Are you sore the next day every time you do the circuits?

Tomorrow is Burn Circuit 3! Can't wait!
Old 11-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #14  
Maintaining since 2013

That's great to hear Angie! Are you engaging your core when you lift your leg? I find that helps me me with balancing the heavy weights.

The next day I feel a good sore. Not the point where I can't walk or lift anything, but when I move I know I worked out great the day before. I hope that make sense.

I had a great workout with Burn Intervals and Ab Burner! I'm taking a break from this for a couple of days (will be doing WATP and my strength-training class) but will be back at it on Wednesday!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #15  

Yeah I know what you mean SunnySide. I feel that too....not quite sore, but sore, but a tightness or something. Glad to hear your workout was great! Mines was too. Lifting heavy rocks!