Old 08-30-2012, 03:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/152/120

Height: 5,7

Default 20 to 35 pounds OFF in 12 weeks or BUST

Hello people!!

I've decided that it's time I set myself a challenge and stick to it!!!
I've been dieting on and off properly since late April. I started off weighting 164 pounds and managed to get down to 152 pounds. But recently I haven't been loosing and really want to shake off between 20-35 pounds before the winter months when I just love to comfort eat.

I've been going to a weight loss doctor who has been great support but since I've stopped loosing its been pretty stressful going and not seeing any improvements.

Anyway here goes my challenge for myself... I want to loose 20-35 pounds in the next 12 weeks. I say 20-35 pounds but ideally it's 35 pounds I want to loose. I'm planning to start today August 30th with my goal date being November 22nd which happens to be Thanksgiving.

I figure if I get on the calorie counting and excercise like crazy I should be able to do it. My doctor put me on a 800 calorie a day diet that I haven't been keeping to but I'm gonna at least try to meet a 1000 calorie a day diet and excercise. I'm going to continue to go to the doctor every two weeks so I can get my vitamins and appitite surpressant pills (Red Cell Plus) and get weighed. My next weigh in is September 8th. In order to meet the 35 pound goal I'll have to loose 2.9 pounds a week which my be a little to aggressive hence the 20-35 pound range. I'll be happy if I drop anything at this point so I can stop dieting and just live life.

If anyone has a similar goal and want to lose weight before Turkey day feel free to add to this thread. I could do with any support. I'm going to try and figure how to set up a blog too but for now I'm going use this forum to track progress.

Happy dieting everyone!!!!
Mrs BM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

I wish I can say me, but I have been dieting for years now that I know it is no possible for me to lose that much, I will be cheking here to see how are you doing, good luck.
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #3  
The Final Frontier

S/C/G: 156/148/126

Height: 5 6'

Yo Mrs BM,

Count me in! Let's do it.. why not?

Just started back on here yesterday and full of vigour so great to have someone with similar goal in mind.

What's your exercise plan like?

Best of luck... keep in touch with your progress.
bridietogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #4  

Thanks for the encouragement wfonseca!! It looks like you have been making good progress anyway. 140 is a good weight! Keep up the hard work!!!

Bridietgo!!! I'm excited seems like we're in the same boat i.e. both have similar stats and goals oh and just started back on this site.

So I haven't quite figured out what my excercise plan will be yet. I just know I gonna do my best not to drink any alcohol or eat carbs. Any ideas for excercise plan? I've bought so many excercise videos and I have a excercise bike and a treadmill so probably get started with the bike tomorrow.

Ok so my progress today was so so I ate salad for lunch and dinner but ate two protein bars (170 cals each) which I probably shouldn't have. Do you have a diet plan? Keep me posted

Anyways it's long weekend over here in US so I'm definetly gettig some excercise in.

Let the count down begin!!!!

Last edited by Mrs BM; 08-31-2012 at 12:20 AM. Reason: To add signature
Old 08-31-2012, 03:35 AM   #5  
The Final Frontier

S/C/G: 156/148/126

Height: 5 6'

No, no exercise plan really. Just out of sling from a broken elbow, so getting back into it by doing some walking. I aim to do 5 miles (~ 1.30 hr) every day this week with a view to starting running again next week.

Do you run? I find it a great way to shift the pounds and tone. There's some great couch to 5k plans on the Internet to get started.

Enjoy the long weekend, having my first weekly weigh in on Monday so will post it here.
bridietogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I am about the same size, gonna join you both in getting myself together if that's ok!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/132.8/120

Height: 5'4"

120 and 5'7'' is very close to an underweight BMI, are you certain that is a healthy weight for you? And 800-1000 calories seems low, you should lose weight quickly even at 1200 calories!
LovelyAndLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #8  

I am up for a challenge. I will have to really push myself, and that should help me. And it is exciting to see, how much weight I can lose before Turkey Day.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #9  

Bridietgo - OMG Broken elbow sounds sooo painful! hope your feeling better! I like your plan to run every day, your going to slim down fast!! I'm not much of a runner but you know I should probably at least get on the treadmill and walk fast. All the best with your first weekly weigh in on Monday.

Mothermavis - of course you can join in the fun or should I say hard work! Keep us posted on your plans or progress.

Littlebumblebee - love your the progress you've made since August 1st!!! What diet/excercise plan are you following? Keep up the hard work.

LovelyandLoosing - thanks for your comment. I agree 1200 cals per day will work and at least that way i wont be starving myself. I also agree 120 pounds maybe a little close to having a underweight BMI range for my height (BMI 18.5 118 pounds) I'm aiming for 120 but realize that the 120 range maybe unhealthy I'll settle for the 130 range. I'm going to continue to see my weight loss doctor just to be safe.

So it's Day 2 of the challenge, I've been good food wise just havent done any excercising yet. Thankfully it's the weekend so I should be able to get in a least a couple of hours of carido.

Anyways... Keep up the good work everyone and have a fanatic weekend.