Old 06-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Default WOW Slimming thru Summer Challenge!

Summer's here! Let's keep ourselves and each other going thru barbecues and vacations....

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #2  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

I am so joining this new challenge My birthday was Wednesday the first day of summer. Time to work off this weight so I can enjoy the summer while loosing weight.

W- none yet for today
E- Plan on doing me some zumba
E- nothing yet but plan on eating only 1500 Calories
D- I choose life.
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Yay new challenge!

barbie- hope you had a happy birthday!

Did 12 mile, 6 hour hike yesterday haha so sore. I've done it before and it was nice to see that in the month since I did it last I've definitely gained endurance. It felt so much easier, and I'm sore today but not like....I can never walk again sore haha.

W-80
E-rest day!
E-2000
D-Practice makes perfect
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #4  

Barbie, Happy Birthday!!
Hope this is the best year ever!!

D, Awesome progress!! You are amazing!

I am going to work toward out of the 140's for Labor Day! Then my skinny work clothes would fit again too.

W 100
E Out and about!
E POP
D Bites add up
Old 06-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #5  

mavis-thank you! I'm sure you'll make it out of the 140s, you've been doing so well on these challenges

So I decided to just not focus on weight anymore and strangely enough...the weight has been coming off! haha its amazing how that works....the more this becomes a lifestyle for me the easier it is and I just know that in time I will be where I want to be. Knowing I'm doing my best and being healthy has taken a lot of pressure off! Right now I'm on the cusp of a size 8. Like sometimes I am and sometimes I'm not, so my goal for this challenge is to be solidly in a size 8.

W-80
E-ended up exercising yesterday so today I have to rest!
E-2500
D-you WILL get there
Old 06-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #6  

D, I like the sound of that. You've found what works for you!

I am not sure what today is going to bring, but movement will be part of it.

W 100
E Maybe a hike, maybe a run, maybe a bike ride
E POP
D Choose wisely
Old 06-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #7  

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...28669948_n.jpg

D, this is where I hiked to today!!
Old 06-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #8  

mavis-that's gorgeous!!!!! It looks so much greener and cooler then the mountains in socal haha Great job! That's in New York?

Taking it easy this weekend. I haven't really taken a break in a while and think I need one. I just have this thing where I'm terrified of sitting still. Its so weird because I used to be the exact opposite!

W-100
E-rest
E-2000
D-its good to rest!
Old 06-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #9  

D, Yes, that's in upstate NY.

You created new habits! Isn't that awesome!!?
Old 06-25-2012, 06:36 AM   #10  

W 100
E Walking, pedometer 10k steps
E POP
D Going to dinner with some friends. Stay focused!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #11  
Country Girl Fresh

I had a great birthday and a great weekend. I went to tht ATL BL casting call and even though I didn't get a call back I had a fun experience meet some new friends and burned some calories standing 6 hours straight I plan making a video and sending it in for a better chance of a call back.
If you want to see pics go to my fb page https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-jo...53894828045395

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I am so pumped now from this weekend.. I got a lot of goodies and some great inspiration this weekend... I gained all my weight back from last year but I am ready to loose all that and more... I plan on taking pics daily of my regular weigh-ins and keeping better track will help me keep up with my weight lost journey.

Mavis- that is beautiful pic I bet that was very enjoyable place to walk...

D- I think I should stop worrying about weight and see if that helps me..
Old 06-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #12  

barbie-i think stopping worrying about weight is a good thing. Just work on creating healthy habits and then the weight will come off in its own time

mavis-have fun at your dinner!

W-80
E-gym?
E-2000
D-take your own advice
Old 06-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #13  

Gah! Being back at work is horrible for my health! Stress, work overload etc. Sucks!

w 100
e walk at lunch and I am taking one dammit! run after
e POP, no stress eating!!!
d find a way
Old 06-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #14  
Country Girl Fresh

mavis- sorry about the work stress. I know how that is and stressful work ain't no fun... I hope things slow down for you soon...

Hoping today is a good day. About to find me something to eat then who knows what the day will bring
Old 06-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #15  

mavis- so sorry about the stress! I hope you find a way to balance things so its not so bad.

barbie-hope your day is good

Swam laps last night and am actually sore! haha I've mainly been rock climbing and hiking the last few weeks so doing a different exercise seemed to shake my body up! Going to try and add swimming back into my routine...

W-80
E-swimming?gym?
E-2000
D-back in the groove :3