3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   December Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/247906-december-weight-loss-challenge.html)

chickadee32 11-29-2011 11:57 PM

December Weight Loss Challenge

This month is our last chance to lose some pounds in 2011, and set ourselves up for a great start to 2012! Let's get on board and get it done in December!

The rules of our challenge are simple. We are here to provide each other some accountability along the path to weight loss, so just set a weight loss related goal(s) and I'll add it to our goal list for the month of December. When you reach your goal for the month it will be turned RED in our goal list!

We have a sister thread for exercise goals, http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge.html, and all your exercise-related goals can be posted there; this thread is for weight loss goals specifically.

We love to hear about your success as well as your challenges throughout the month, so please share them with us. We're here to support and encourage each other to be our best.

Looking forward to celebrating the New Year a few pounds lighter with all of you!

chickadee32 11-30-2011 12:02 AM

I'm still going through my treatments through the month of December and am expecting a lot of water retention, so my goal for this month will be a very modest 3 lbs. I'll post my starting weight on Dec 1.

Good luck to everyone who decides to participate this month!

loose seal 11-30-2011 01:26 PM

My December goal is to be down 5 lbs. by Christmas, 6 for the month of December.

Losing4another 11-30-2011 02:14 PM

Wow chickadee way to go you've came so far :D And good luck on your IVF cycle

My goal is to not give up once the christmas treats start coming in the house and lose 11 pounds

GoldfrostDazzlefluff 11-30-2011 03:35 PM

Hi, I'm new and taking this one on! It may be a lofty goal, but I think being 155 at the start of the new year would be fantastic for me. Good luck to all!

December 1 - 165.8 pounds
December 4 - 163.8 pounds

LeslieB 11-30-2011 03:50 PM

I'm going to jump on board here and shoot for 12 lbs. for December.

silentarctic 11-30-2011 04:36 PM

13 lbs sounds like a lot but I have a renewed resolve to cardio-clean my house, it needs a LOT of TLC and all that extra activity should really help in addition to be strict about my eating.

Tabbycat 11-30-2011 06:59 PM

I fell short of meeting my November goal of 3 pounds by one pound. I will try again to lose 3 pounds in December.

Nov 30: 131 pounds

Goal: 128 pounds (127 by my birthday in mid-January)

tavvy 11-30-2011 07:35 PM

My goal for December is 11 lbs :) Post starting weight tomorrow!

Thinsole 11-30-2011 08:41 PM

Chickadee- Good luck with the IVF!

Alrighty, I've got 6.8 pounds to go till I hit the big 200 so my goal for this month is to lose 7.8 pounds! That's a little over a pound and a half a week.

This chick has Onderland in her sights :lifter:

Kismet89 11-30-2011 09:57 PM

I'd like to join in. I'm just getting re(re-re-re-re)started so I'm going to aim sort of high for 15 lbs. It is definitely not impossible. I'm not sure of my current but will post tomorrow. Good luck everybody!

ashori602 11-30-2011 10:40 PM

I didn't get to my goal weight for November :( My weight seems to be coming off really slowly now, so I'm setting my goal for 4 pounds this time :) Good luck everyone!

chickadee32 11-30-2011 10:50 PM

Wow, there are some great, ambitious goals this month! I love having these challenges to work toward! We're all going to be svelte for the New Year. :D I'll get the goal list posted tomorrow, and we'll be off to the races!

Losing4another and Thinsole, THANK YOU very much. This is such an involved and nerve-wracking process, and I've been super emotional the last few days. As of this morning the stimulation was looking pretty good, and at this point they are thinking the egg retrieval will be this Sunday and then embryo transfer (assuming there is at least one quality embryo) next Wednesday or Friday. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that things go well, and your good wishes really mean a lot. :hug:

KG123 12-01-2011 09:06 AM

Got on scale this a.m. first time in a LONG time.
Disappointed but not unexpected! :(
Would like to lose 20-25 pounds total and KEEP it off.

This may be wishful thinking but I would like to lose 8-10 pounds by Christmas and the rest January - February 2012. :dust:

In2wishin 12-01-2011 09:18 AM

I am up for the challenge and will make it 5 lb for December.