3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   December Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/247906-december-weight-loss-challenge.html)

loose seal 12-09-2011 12:37 PM

Wow you ladies are kicking butt. Good job and thanks for the inspiration!

flourless - I hope you feel better soon. I take it you're allergic to gluten or have celiac? I don't but prepared gluten free foods for a family member who was sensitive to it for a few years. Yeah, you just need to give your body time to recover. Good luck.

suttercm - fantastic! Isn't it great to be close to a goal while still having a few weeks to reach it? At this rate you'll probably surpass it! Have fun at the Christmas party.

I'm still plugging along. The scale is down a couple but I'm waiting till Sunday for recording anything and, as always, trying for just one more lb. Have a great weekend all!

agoin1 12-09-2011 01:03 PM

I would love to join in on this! Right now I am at 201.8 lbs as of today and I would love to hit 195 by Jan 1. So I will round up a little and say 7 lbs by then. We can do this!

flourless 12-10-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loose seal (Post 4133832)
flourless - I hope you feel better soon. I take it you're allergic to gluten or have celiac? I don't but prepared gluten free foods for a family member who was sensitive to it for a few years. Yeah, you just need to give your body time to recover. Good luck.

Yeah, technically I have "gluten sensitive enteropathy" which means "Gosh, that makes you sick. Don't eat it anymore." After 9 years I'm pretty used to the diet, and how to deal with accidents, but it still annoys me that someone else's mistake can take me a week or two to recover from.

Reading threads like this really helps me to put my losses (and lack thereof) in perspective. Y'all are doing great, and I'll be back in it soon.

loose seal 12-10-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flourless (Post 4134571)
Yeah, technically I have "gluten sensitive enteropathy" which means "Gosh, that makes you sick. Don't eat it anymore." After 9 years I'm pretty used to the diet, and how to deal with accidents, but it still annoys me that someone else's mistake can take me a week or two to recover from.

Reading threads like this really helps me to put my losses (and lack thereof) in perspective. Y'all are doing great, and I'll be back in it soon.

I know finding gluten-free foods was challenging and a lot of things I tried just weren't that good, so I baked/cooked most of the gf food myself. Are you a baker? I used a 3 c. rice flour, 1 c. potato starch (NOT potato flour), 1/2 c. tapioca starch combination (used to mix up a big batch so I would have it on hand) and added 1 tspn (I think it was tspn) of xanthan gum per cup of flour. I converted recipes I already had using this flour. Some things just didn't turn out very good but most were pretty tasty. Some I even preferred gf, rather than with wheat flour.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

flourless 12-10-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loose seal (Post 4134694)
I know finding gluten-free foods was challenging and a lot of things I tried just weren't that good, so I baked/cooked most of the gf food myself. Are you a baker?

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Thanks. It's been about three days, and I'm perking up. My joints are still misbehaving, but I started craving protein today, and that's always a good sign for healing.

As much as anyone in my family bakes, it's me. My username was chosen because we really don't use much in the way of flours. For several years I had to avoid all grains, dairy products and legumes, so just gluten and potato free is positively luxurious. Most of my baking uses nut meals (almond, pecan, walnut) for the primary flour. I think the only baking I've done since I started watching my diet was an almond lemon polenta cake, oh, and some baked custards done in pumpkins at thanksgiving.

Gluten free options have come a long way in the years since I was diagnosed. Most of them are still "gluten-free" tasting, but we have a small selection of things that we like and can get locally. I'm fortunate to live in the SF bay area, so I can travel a few miles and get a freshly baked gluten free cupcake any time I'd like. And on Sundays the farmer's market carries most baked goods I might want to buy. I'd much rather buy one cupcake than bake a batch of 18.

GoldfrostDazzlefluff 12-11-2011 10:08 AM

Day 10 of my plateau. Grr. Maybe it's the scale? Ha ha ha. I bought myself, ahem.. I mean my daughter, a new scale for Christmas. I might end up using it when it arrives until Christmas without letting her know about it. :) Keep up the good work, ladies! :cheer:

Thinsole 12-11-2011 11:42 AM

Chickadee- Congrats on reaching your goal!!

Sutter- Way to go on losing 1 pound!

I'm back up to 207.8, so it's 8.8 pounds to Onderland now. I don't think I'm gonna make this months goal.

loose seal 12-11-2011 11:50 AM

Hooty hoot hoot! Down 3 lbs. over the past 2 weeks.

chickadee32 12-11-2011 01:40 PM

Welcome, agoin1! I added you to the goal list below. :)

RockemSockem: That's awesome! Though numbers like that aren't expected every week, you're right that it's super motivating to see them!!

NoMoreKnit: Woohoo on the 4 lbs down! Hope it held through the weekend!

suttercm: So glad things are moving for you this month. :)

loose seal: Great job!! :)

flourless: I'm glad the recovery is ramping up, and I'm sorry you're having to deal with this due to someone else's mistake. :mad:

Goldfrost and Thinsole: I have been there!!! I know the frustration, and there is next to nothing that can make it go away until your body decides to let go of the water and let that fat loss you've earned shine through. Both of you - keep fighting! When the stall and bouncing numbers finally release their grip, you will be so grateful to have stayed on track during the hard times. I will be wishing magic on the scale for both of you! :hug:

And Thinsole - Thank you. :)

Updated December Weight Loss Challenge Goal List

loose seal: Lose 6 lbs
Losing4another: Lose 11.2 lbs
GoldfrostDazzlefluff: Get to 155 lbs
LeslieB: Lose 12 lbs
silentarctic: Lose 13 lbs
Tabbycat: Lose 3 lbs
tavvy: Lose 11 lbs
Thinsole: Lose 7.8 lbs
Kismet89: Lose 15 lbs
ashori602: Lose 4 lbs
KG123: Lose 8-10 lbs
In2wishin: Lose 5 lbs
flourless: Lose 8 lbs
finallyready1122: Lose 10 lbs
chickadee32: Lose 3.5 lbs
NoMoreKnit: Get to 178 lbs
RockemSockem: Lose 12 lbs
wtfudge: Get below 150 lbs
nevaeh1984: Get to 154 lbs
miniDoodles: Lose 4 lbs
DrivenByAmbition: Lose 10 lbs
3CatsMeow: Get to 156 lbs
Lost Musician: Lose 6 lbs
amandamn1: Get to 175 lbs
suttercm: Get to 155 lbs
Ariannag: Lose 10 lbs
Liss1485: Lose 9 lbs
agoin1: Lose 7 lbs

tavvy 12-11-2011 07:55 PM

Down only 1 lb so far :( Having a hard time staying on track but this week I am going to redo the induction phase of Atkins to try to kick my body into fat burning gear!!

My goals this week are to have less than 20 net carbs each day, have no more than one diet soda each day and work out at least 30 minutes everyday.

Three weeks to go! Plenty of time to make goal!!

Ariannag 12-11-2011 11:10 PM

Lost 1.2 lbs since I weighed in on the 7th!!! Five lbs to go to meet goal! Hopefully I can kick my goals butt and really lose some pounds!!

NoMoreKnit 12-13-2011 12:11 PM

Well, I didn't make it through the weekend without a small gain. Getting my water in today to help with the sodium intake, I better see 182 again before the end of the week!

LeslieB 12-13-2011 06:00 PM

So far so good...

SW: 285
Current: 278

4 more lbs. lost to add to the 3 from last week....
7 lbs. down total... right on target.

loose seal 12-13-2011 07:34 PM

Well I got my period this morning.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

but, whatchagonnado?

NoMoreKnit 12-14-2011 09:00 AM

Loose Seal, I was thinking you were male until your last post LOL Obv not you in the avatar pic LOL

Downed my water and ate sparingly yesterday to make up for weekend and scale was down to 181.8 this morning!
Everyone is doing so good, just trying to lose during the month of December Kicks Butt!