3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   WOW New Year!! New Me!! Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/247681-wow-new-year-new-me-challenge.html)

mtiger 12-17-2011 09:13 AM

MM- if menopause would just get over itself life would be just great. How a body can gain 5 pounds just because of TOM is crazy. And now the uncertainty of arrival..I am SSOO done with this. Because of my cancer gene they want me to have everything out. I think I am about ready for that.

After the 5 pound gain I have skipped a few meals this week and have lost almost all 5. Still not in a good place..but better. Maybe that is the key for me....eat less. Duh!! But how much less???

mothermavis 12-17-2011 04:08 PM

I will be MIA for a while, kids came home from college last night. One of them is extremely depressed and just stopped going to school mid semester, just holed up in the dorm. 4 o's for him for the semester and more importantly, a kid who is really really struggling right now. I am not even sure how to help him. I had no idea. Bad mother.

Countrybarbie24 12-17-2011 09:09 PM

Mother mavis- Your not a bad mother. Sometimes kids don't let on that somethings wrong. All I ask of my parents is to support me and love me everything else is on me. I am sure that all any child asks. It all be alright.

I am happy to say that I have been walking 1/2 mile last few days. I will up it to a mile next week. I have 4 pounds loose to get to my NYE goal and 1 pound to go to get to my first 10lb goal:)

Countrybarbie24 12-18-2011 06:30 PM

so I went to the ymca this morning for an RC indoor fly meet and well I went to the locker room and weighed on the manual scale. I weighed 15 pounds less on it than I did on my digital at home this morning. One the scales is wrong. I am really liking the manual scale weight better. I am a CNA so I do know how to work a manual scale lol(just incase anyone think that is the problem lol) So should I go by the manual scale and just minus pounds when I weight at home or should I just forget about the manual scale number and count with the digital scale?

I am also happy to say that today after left indoor flying and went to one club it was lunch time so my bf asked if I wanted something to eat. I was like yes!!! so we on way McDonald and I saw subway. I was like hey I want subway my bf like really I said yes so I got BLt with light mayo and lots veggies and mustard. I was so proud my self but did have lrg sweet tea from McDonald I can't give those up lol. I also drank like 40oz water last night for supper and 20oz this morning for brakefast

Thinsole 12-18-2011 07:36 PM

CountryBarbie- I would try another scale and see what it says before deciding between your home scale or the ymca one.

Mavis- You are not a bad mother. If you were you'd let your child sink or swim on their own and not be there to support them. Is it your kids first year of college?

So today I weighed in and walah! 206 on the scale. So at least I'm headed in the right direction now. There's no way I'll make my New Year's Onderland goal, but now that I've stopped stressing about making it things seem to be falling back into place. Hopefully next week I see another good loss, then I'll feel like I really stepped off the plateau.

Taking the day off from WEED, back on monday.

Good luck Mavis. I hope things get better for you and your family.

mothermavis 12-19-2011 05:31 AM

Thin, thanks but no, he is (was) almost dnne, that's why I can't believe it. Now because he did not attend, he has to see if they will let him replace what he missed with a class to complete his bachelors. He should have gotten his Master's in May.:(

Thinsole 12-19-2011 08:39 PM

Mavis- I hope things get better for both of you. I know getting to the end like that can be intimidating but I'm sure it's more complicated than that.

Holidays closing in, baking, cleaning, getting ready for a work party, and still fitting in workouts. Finished W2 E210K. On to Week 3.

W- 80 (done)
E- 15 burpees, 2.5 mile run
E- Kept my intake below 2000, but just barely. I have been perpetually hungry the last week.
D- Rest when you need to.

Thinsole 12-20-2011 10:21 AM

Well, I got on the scale today and it said 205. That's my -60 lb goal completed! I'm hesitant to change my ticker or signature just for the fact that I did run yesterday and my day after running weights are always a little low. So I'll wait for my official weigh in on Sunday.

W- 80 oz
E- 1 mile walk, maybe some tae-bo
E- More fruits and veggies
D- Pack a good lunch and make a batch of cookies.

mtiger 12-21-2011 07:57 AM

MM- I have always said that grown children are more difficult than little kids. They have bigger issues. Love him, talk with him and help him out. I am sure yoou will come up with a solution and he will be fine.My own son is currently learning some valuable lessons about growing up and resposibility.

The PB balls are wreaking havoc in my life right now. I can resist the cookies and the puppy chow, but the PB Balls are another story. Must go to the gym today. Still have a few more things to bake, but I really need to get my butt on the treadmill.

Things are different this year. I am married, have step-children, more Christmas activities to tend to, a husband who helps out (he wants to frost cookies), and tons of other "stuff". We are going to be renting out his house for a while so that means we need to go and pack everything up. That means more stuff will come here and quite a bit of work. It will certainly be nice to have a little $$ coming in though. Busy, busy, busy!!!

Thinsole 12-21-2011 10:23 PM

mtiger- Good luck with all the stuff on your agenda, workout times may be all the me time you get, lol.

W- 80 oz (40 so far working on 60)
E- 17 burpees, 30 min tae-bo
E- I ate so far outside my range (must get back to good tomorrow)
D- Candy cannot run away so there's no need to go Big Bad Wolf on it.

Interesting side note. My tae-bo work out would've been 45 min but I was interrupted by the cops. Apparently someone stole a cell phone and the tracking device lead them to me, at work. I spent some fun time letting them search my stuff and convincing them that no, I did not steal said cell phone. I know it's part of their job to repeatedly ask the same question but I was getting very annoyed.

emiloots 12-22-2011 06:10 PM

Hey ladies - just stopping in, I'm not going to pretend that I'm aiming to lose until after the new year. There's just too much going on at the moment - my goal is not to gain and I'll be happy with that! Puppy is still peeing all over my house (grrr) and I rented yet another carpet cleaner today! Kids are great, Darcy is sooo close to crawling, Connor's starting ice skating lessons in the new year and Des won't be far behind after he turns 3 the end of January. Been feeling just ugh lately (you know bloated, fat, unattractive etc...) so gotta do something about that soon!!!!! If I'm not back before the new year I hope everyone has a great holiday season with friends and family :clause:

Mavis - sorry to hear about your son, all you can do is be there for him and get to the root of what's going on. Thinking of you!

Mindy - Glad to hear life is crazy in all the good ways!

Thin - congrats on 60 lbs lost!!!

mtiger 12-28-2011 09:28 AM

Wow is all I've got to say about the scale these days. Time to put all goodies aside and get back to business. Who knew a few cookies here and there could cause so much trouble.

I will say that we have had a wonderful holiday season and are enjoying every minute of it. Life is good!!! I am blessed and Oh so Happy!! Things will be busy for a while..packing up hubbies house..but that should keep my eating under better control. Time to get back to basics.

Have a great New Year everyone!!!!!

Thinsole 01-01-2012 09:36 AM

Happy New Year!

W- 40
E- Rest
E- under 2000
D- Welcome 2012

Countrybarbie24 01-01-2012 10:22 AM

Happy new year!! I hope this year brings lots of healthy weight lost for everyone :)

emiloots 01-02-2012 09:12 AM

Happy New Year ladies - I weighed in this morning and it wasn't pretty - 182 pounds, WTF! What's everyone's plan/approach to losing the weight this year? I've done WW in the past but counting points is such a pain. I think I'm going to count calories and try and keep the carbs to 100 +/- 25g per day. I tend to lose better with restricted carbs, and I usually don't mind it - just makes lunches a little harder because I can't just pack a sandwich like usual. Hope everyone's still hanging in there and not experiencing scale shock like me!

TIARA 01-03-2012 12:04 AM

hello ladies.. im so happy you are all still here, it makes coming back not so scary.. i will post weight and plans 2mo.
tiara

mothermavis 01-03-2012 06:32 AM

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...i-love-me.html

New challenge thread for new year! See you there