Old 10-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #1  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Anyone up for a Callanetics challenge?

I know some of you who've been around a while remember this exercise on VHS when it came out over 25 years ago. I did it way back when and do remember getting some good results. Then, life got in the way and one excuse led to another and other workout dvds came out to try. I seemed to have tried them all, having great success with The Firm and T-Tapp. Although, nowadays The Firm makes me bulkier than I'd like to be and T-Tapp seems a bit boring. So I thought I'd check back into Callanetics.

Well, it seems to be making a comeback. There are even newer dvds out called Callanetics Evolution and Callanetics Aerobics, which I've ordered from Amazon and am still waiting on. Meanwhile, I am doing the Super Callanetics dvd (just taking out all the extra moves to make it the regular Callanetics program). I only did one workout last week, making sure not to push too hard. I still could barely walk for 4 days from being so sore. But I love being that sore!

For those of you unfamiliar with this workout, You can read about it here: http://www.callanetics.com/method.php

And here is what Callanetics claims to do in just 10 of their workouts:

•Guaranteed Inch Loss in 10 workouts
•Tighten Your Underarms
•Flatten your Tummy
•Lift and tighten your Behind
•Reshape your Legs
•Tighten your inner thighs
•Slim your Hips
•Improve your Posture
•Tighten your Pelvic Floor

In fact, many people claim that they lose 1-2 clothing sizes without losing any weight. Check out what it did for this woman in just 19 workouts:

And here are a couple of before and after pictures from the Callanetics forum on lowcarbfriends.com:

I'm not sure if the one above lost any weight while doing it, but in this next before and after this woman stated that her weight remained the same. Look how much leaner she is in the left photo:

Women claim that it has turned their apple shapes into hourglass shapes. That statement alone got me interested in doing this. I love eating apples, but I don't want to be one.

So...anyone interested in doing a Callanetics challenge with me. I really shouldn't count the one I did last week since I did it last Tuesday and then did my second hour yesterday, but I'll count it anyway. So eight more workouts to go to look 10 years younger (The Callanetics promise).

Whose with me?

Last edited by sandcar150; 10-11-2011 at 10:30 AM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #2  

Oh, just thought I'd add that I weighed in this morning and was a pound lighter than yesterday. I normally only weigh in on Monday mornings, but this morning I felt so much thinner. I thought that maybe the Callanectics was already working since many people say they see a difference in inch loss within one or two workouts. But I decided to weigh myself anyway and was tickled to see that I'm down another pound. Believe me...that's a big deal because I've been losing only a half of a pound to a pound each week lately. So to lose a whole pound in a day has me dancing for joy.

I also noticed this morning that the painful tendenitis in my right wrist that I've had since June of this year has mysteriously vanished. I could have sworn the pain was still there last week. I don't know how it happened, and I don't want to question it. I'm just glad it's gone.

So, today is starting out to be a good day. I just hope I can get a couple of you to join me in this Callanetics torture...(ahem)...I mean journey.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:42 AM   #3  

I'm happy to report that I'm not nearly as sore after my second workout yesterday as I was from my first last week. I was very much looking forward to tomorrow's workout, but today I got sick with a sore throat and achy body. I've been downing zinc and taking Tylenol, but tonight I'm still feeling terrible. If I can't get in my third Callanetics workout tomorrow, I'll do it on Thursday (fingers crossed).
Old 10-12-2011, 03:37 AM   #4  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I am going to join you. I love Callanetics. The last time I did it, my body really saw changes.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #5  

Yay! Thanks for joining me, Mizzthingaling!! When do you plan to start, and will you be taking your measurements before starting? Which Callanetics workout do you have?

I so wanted to get my third workout in this morning, but I am still sick and achy. I'm really hoping I feel better by tomorrow so that I can get it in.

Last edited by sandcar150; 10-12-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #6  

Good morning Mizzthingaling and anyone else whose reading this!

I'm feeling much better today. I'd say I'm about 75% to 80% better. I am going to attempt my third Callanetics workout today, but I'll take it a little easier since I'm not 100% well yet. But I need to get it in. My sister said she'd start doing it with me on Monday, when my newer Callanetics dvds should arrive. I'm so happy about that because then I don't have an excuse to wait until later in the day to do it...usually putting it off for a day or so. But not now that I have her to push me.

Did you start yet, Mizz?

Last edited by sandcar150; 10-13-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #7  

Hour 3 done! Because I'm not 100% well, it was harder than hour 2 was for me, but I made it, dabnabit!!

I really hope my Callanetics Evolution dvd gets here before my next workout on Saturday. I'm getting a bit tired of watching Mr. blue short shorts twisting himself into positions that no self-respecting manly man should get into.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #8  
Golden

Hi Sorry Sandy. I have the 10 in 10, beginning Callanetics, Am/PM and Quick Legs. I actually prefer Callan to teach. Something about her voice relaxes me. Haha.

Thanks for reminding me to take measurements. I will start my PM session tonight. How many days are you doing it? I am thinking I may do 5 days a week.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:04 PM   #9  

Yes, Callan's voice is so soothing. I did get the Callanetics Evolution dvd in the mail today and already previewed it. The instructor (also English) has a very soothing voice as well. I really think I'm going to love it. One of the reasons being you don't need a bar or anything high to put your leg on. Also, those dreaded hip rotations are not in this one. LOL I hate those with a passion.

Who knows though...I may find an exercise in this workout I hate more. But, for the most part, it looks pretty interesting and the outfits and background are up to date .

Starting Monday, I'll be doing it 5 days a week also, doing Callanetics Evolution on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and, if I get it in the mail by then, Callanetics Cardio on Tuesday and Thursday. That may change though once I go through them both a few times, I may change up the order.

Good luck with your first workout. Hope you're not too sore tomorrow. Are you going to mix up the workouts, too?

Last edited by sandcar150; 10-13-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 177.7/150.8/132

Can I jump in?

I downloaded the video a few months back (I got the tip from youtube, a dieter who blogged or something). I watched the video and it looked like something from the 1970's, hehehe. But I'm down for it!
nevaeh1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #11  

Welcome Nevaeh! We are happy to have you join us. Yes, it is an oldie but goodie exercise workout that had been around since 1986 for one reason and one reason only...it produces results quickly!!! Will you be starting today?

I am debating on whether I should do my 4th hour today or tomorrow. I'd do it for sure tomorrow, but we're having a yard sale, and I'm afraid that might wipe me out. So I guess I'd better get it in today for my 3 workouts for this week. Then it's on to 5 workouts per week starting Monday.

Happy Friday girls!

Last edited by sandcar150; 10-14-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:59 PM   #12  
Golden

Hey Ladies,

I just finished the AM (yeah it's late) and Walk Away and I am tired. I have really gotten out of shape from not doing Callanetics. After trying the AM/PM for a couple of days I think I'm going to try to switch it up a bit. I am going to do 10 in 10 MWF and AM/PM on T and TH. If I get bored I'll throw in a Quick Stomach.

Is the hip rotations the one on the knees with pelvic thrusts? I hate that one. I took my measurements so we shall see how it goes.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #13  

Good job Mizz! Yes, the hip rotations are the ones on the floor where you're kneeling and your hips rotate to each side. I say very bad words to Callan during my many breaks with that exercise. lol

I didn't get a chance to do my 3rd workout today because we are getting ready for a yard sale tomorrow and I was running around everywhere. So now I have no choice but to do it tomorrow after the yard sale. Oh joy!

Have a great weekend ladies!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #14  

Sorry I didn't check in here this weekend, ladies. My husband and I decided to do the yard sale both Saturday and Sunday (doing it on Sunday was a bad idea). We made $120 on Saturday and only $10 on Sunday. LOL Oh well. We had fun, though.

But I was so exhausted that there was no way I was going to do my 3rd callanetics workout for the week.

But this is a new week, and my sister is coming over to do my newer Callanetics Evolution workout. That should be fun (I hope!). I wonder how sore we'll be from it. I hope not too much because I want to do the Callanetics Aerobics tomorrow, even though I haven't received it yet from Amazon (it says it's due for delivery today though). Wish us luck, girls, and I'll let you both know how it compares to the original. I just hopes it produces the same quick results that the original does.

Oh, and I'm down another 1.5 pounds this week. I need to do even better this upcoming week because in 8 days I have to take another set of progress pictures for my weightloss blog.

Have a great week you two!!!

Last edited by sandcar150; 10-17-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #15  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

Oh! So funny, I was looking at my VHS (yes I said that) the other day! I'm in
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote