Sarge's No Excuses & No Whining Boot Camp #16

You're on Page 26 of 31
Go to
  • AKA - Challenges are optional.
  • Jeanettey Challenge complete!
    125 crunches
    100 push ups! I didn't know I could physically do that many! My arms feel like spaghetti and I'm lovin the burn! Muahahaha!

Sindaena- as soon as I read your post all I could hear in my head was "I am ironman!" Way to go lady!

Peanutt & Joesy- Good luck on your run ladies, try not to do anything that'll get you thrown in jail.

Rainbow- way to go on food choices and thanks for the encouragement. I did get after it. W3D2 of C25K, and an awesome arm workout. Woot! Feels so good to feel like I'm getting fit!

iamerican- Way to go on the 5K lady!

sumnerfan- A 100 day 100 burpee challenge sounds interesting. Let me know how it goes.

ennay- What the ****? Already being bugged about a 6 day old bill. They obviously weren't very fussed with actually getting in contact with you since it took so many tries to actually connect with them. And how bogus for them to make it sound like an emergency. Gah.

Budgetbaby- way to power through the cravings.
  • Hey chicks,

Rainbow, way to go! I love the example your setting. We are having a celebration this weekend. I plan on eating some good stuff but I also know I need to be careful. To eat slowly and enjoy it. And pay attention to when I am full. Like you I used to go to restaurants and not have a clue about the calorie count and the enormous amount of food I was stuffing in.

Its part of the learning process. Engaging your brain and making good choices. Allowing yourself to taste small portions. You don't have to eat the whole cake to enjoy it.

Ennay - send payment, a check made out for $1. Then another and another. The amount of manhours it takes to process will be ridiculous. If they get irritated and a human being calls you, then you can have a real conversation with about how ridiculous and harrassing their phone calls were, so you thought you would return the favor.

Keep trying peeps. Keep up the hard workouts!
  • Sweeeeet Tate. That is an awesome idea. This isnt the first time they have done this. The last time I had paid the bill already but they called 4-5 times a day until the check cleared because I was never able to reach a person.
  • Quote: Hey chicks,

Rainbow, way to go! I love the example your setting. We are having a celebration this weekend. I plan on eating some good stuff but I also know I need to be careful. To eat slowly and enjoy it. And pay attention to when I am full. Like you I used to go to restaurants and not have a clue about the calorie count and the enormous amount of food I was stuffing in.

Its part of the learning process. Engaging your brain and making good choices. Allowing yourself to taste small portions. You don't have to eat the whole cake to enjoy it.
    tate...i can't tell you how good it felt to be in control!!!! we sat out in those big ole rocking chairs after dinner, which i didn't fit into before i started this journey!!,,,,now I can rock away...it was a cool breezy night...a nice respite from the 88 degree day....and i was rocking thinking how good dinner was, and how NON-GUILTY i felt!! i have never before asked a waitress to only bring half an amount of an order!! i didn't want to bring home any...and if it was on my plate, i would have eaten it because well, i am the president of the clean plate club!! haha

even after we got back home and i started looking up all the nutritional info, i was so glad that i had enjoyed such a wonderful time, dinner, and dessert, and NO GUILT and no stuffed gut!! Staying in control is a great feeling. AWESOME FEELING.

YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!! i know you will!! as i went to bed and even now this morning, i feel elated. before, i would just feel so much guilt for over eating.

i agree with you too...eat slower. i always try to be the last person eating at the table!! i look forward to hearing about your experience from your upcoming weekend!! YOU CAN DO IT!! OH YES YOU CAN!!

sarge sir....beat you out of bed!! woohoo!!! time to rock the day and GET BLACK OPS STRONG!!
  • Yay for Fridays!

Ohh, sexy face.
  • Peanutt and josey: HAVE FUN today!

rainbow: Congrats on making your good choices. That is fantastic!

Chesh: Love the poster this am.

So, I have an appt with a DR on Monday and I am going to talk to him about seeing a nutritionist. I feel like I am in the best shape I have been ever (which aint saying much) but this week, the number isnt going down. at all. its going up. I need to figure something out. Maybe my body hates running? Wants more food? less? Hopefully they will have more insight.
  • Oh my sooooo much going on here

Binge cravings controlled, 5k's being won, annoying people calling about bills, 1/2 portion sizes being ordered, eating without GUILT, AKA being lost . . . I know there's a lot more but now I can't remember

Hanging out stealth lately so I can focus but, working my BUTT-er and eating for real life

Jeanettey's challenge COMPLETE (Thursday and Friday)

EVERYONE STAY BLACK OPS STRONG AND MELT YOUR BUTT-ER!!!
  • So the joke is on me today. I have 2 upper body routines that I alternate on the same workout sheet. I was doing all the correct "A" workouts today and thinking that compared to last time I was REALLY weak. Because I was comparing to "B" exercises. It got me to push harder because I thought I was supposed to be able to do 12 medicine ball pushups but I could only do 8 ...because last time I did 6, not 12
  • @Jeanettey - congrats to reaching 60 pounds. WTG! Didn't do the challenge yesterday but will double up tonight!

@Sarge - good thing I just read the picture comment now. No pictures!!!

Well, peanutt and I painted the town with BBQ sauce :-) No jail time though. Phew.
  • Thinsole- the burpee challenge is going well, I guess. I've never had much upper body strength, but I can tell that I am getting stronger. You are supposed to go all the way down to the floor then push yourself back up. I'm not there, but I'm getting better. Of course, I'm still doing girlie push-ups, but I hope to do REAL pushups before I'm done.

I've been avoiding the scale lately, but I got on today and IT FINALLY MOVED! In the right direction of course. I'm not at my pledge yet, but I'm definitely down and that is all that matters. Hopefully I can make it to my pledge/goal before Sunday.

Thanks Josey for suggesting that we buddy up on MFP. I also joined fitocracy last night. I'm still figuring that one out.
  • Hey all...Sarge totally off base until Sunday night following daughter's volleyball team...good luck with LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS!!!! and weigh-ins on Sunday!

• Found some good stuff online during lunch break:

Runner's World has some interesting pdfs for download:
    http://www.runnersworld.com/cas/pdf/...91-0-0,00.html

and I found a huge blog entry about nutrition in general. I am only about half way through but it is very interesting:
    http://body-improvements.com/resources/eat/

Let me know what you think!
  • So I had this great post and I somehow didn't post it and lost it -sigh-

I had a NSV (a little painful for the other person involved)

A co-worker and I were joking around and when he went to go past me I moved into his way. Me being a foot shorter then him put my hip in a prime location. When he ran into me my hip went into his groin causing him some minor amount of pain, to which he gasped "Damn you have a bony hip!"

The poor guy is ok, it was only minor and everyone is ok, but it sure did make my night.