Old 07-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #1  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Default ~*~July Weight Loss Challenge~*~

We've made it through the first half of the year, and now it's time to recommit ourselves and get slimmer for summer! All are welcome to join us for this month's weight loss challenge.

The rules of this thread are simple. We are here to provide each other some accountability along the path to weight loss. So, you just set your weight loss related goal(s) and it gets added to a goal list. When you reach your goal, it gets turned red We have a sister thread for exercise related goals: July Exercise Challenge. All exercise related goals can be posted there. We love to hear about your success as well as your challenges throughout the month. We're here to support and encourage each other to be our best.

So let's post some goals, and jump right in! Good luck to all our challengers this month!

July Weight Loss Challenge GOAL List
Let me know when you reach a goal so we can turn you RED!!

PacSunMama ~ 197
bama_girl ~ Get into the 120's
LouisaH ~ 145
Ferumbras ~ 155
CaitLA ~ Lose 12 Pounds
carvedmarmalade ~ Lose 5 pounds
k0nfyo0zed ~ Lose 6 pounds
tleef ~ 170
LGW ~ Lose 8 pounds

Last edited by PacSunMama; 08-01-2011 at 04:54 AM.
PacSunMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #2  
Baby bump to hot mama!

My goal for July is to lose 9 pounds, putting me at the weight I was before I moved back in with hubby last year, when he came home from boot camp! Also my pre-preg weight with my first son.

SW: 206
GW: 197
Old 07-02-2011, 01:04 AM   #3  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

I fell off the wagon at the end of June and gained back to 126.8. Boo!!!

This month, I'm not going to let that happen again.

My goal for July is to get out of the 120's.

Let's do this, ladies!
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:14 AM   #4  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

The month ended (and thus the next began) badly, with TOM riding piggy back..

SW: 152.4
GW: 145

This seems like it should be an easy enough task, but my body doesn't seem to want to get below 149 before it starts rebelling and packing the pounds back on. My original goal was 145 by 7.24.10, so let's see if I can get there by 7.24.11. Sheesh.

Strangely enough, I'm not craving major doses of sugar and chocolate, but it's carbs my PMS is craving. Pasta it is, and feeling very satisfying. Let's pray those cravings go away soon...

Thanks PacSunMama for starting the thread and playing den mother!
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:42 AM   #5  
Baby bump to hot mama!

No problem, Chick has a lot going on right now! (Thinking of you if you're reading this) and I know how motivating it was for me personally to think of my monthly goal all the time.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

I hope to be down to 155 by the end of June, but won't be able to weigh regularly, so I'm just going to try to stay on plan and take my measurements every week.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/185/135

My goal for July is to lose 12 pounds. I've met my goals the last 2 months so I'm going to keep the ball rolling.
CaitLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:04 AM   #8  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

PacSunMama, thanks so much for jumping in and taking over this thread for July. I really, really appreciate it!

I am home from the hospital and recovering, and hope to join you all here by mid-month with a weight loss goal. Good luck to everyone over the next two weeks!!
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #9  
Never ending story

Argh, my weight just keeps going up--I'm blaming it on TOM, because I'm feeling ravenous, and I'm just eating too many calories. Hopefully this next week will be better and I'll be on my way back down.

Chickadee, welcome home. Take care of yourself--I hope you heal quickly.

Good luck everyone, and Happy Independence Day!
Old 07-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 228/196/160

Height: 5' 8.5"

Glad your home chickedee hope your feeling better

Well I was away for the weekend but I'm back and ready for July! Not sure what to do for a July goal I've been going down so slow lately until the last week. I think I'm goingt o shoot low so I don't feel bad at the end of the month Starting weight July 1sy was 197 I'd like to be around 190 but I go back to work next week and I'm not sure how busy I'll be so maybe 192

July goal to lose 5lbs

I am down a bit already for the month so I'm off to a good start
carvedmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #11  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

I would love to join this challenge

my goal for July is 6 pounds (exercise is severely limited due to a torn ligament in my right foot and an obnoxious plastic walking boot), so my goal for the month is to get down to 254lbs. (on a realistic level, but i'd love to hit 250!)
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:33 AM   #12  
Baby bump to hot mama!

Updated!!

Ok so what a weekend I've had! I'm back and ready to rock though! A friend of mine is joining me on her weight loss journey, and we'll be working out together 3X week at night. That in mind, I'll be starting the C25K program again, maybe slightly modified. I want to do more, so I just might do repeat workouts each week, instead of 3 days/week I'd really like to aim for 5. I was never a runner, then picked it up about 6 years ago, eventually ran a full marathon (and came in 2nd to last but I finished it darnit!) and then totally fell off the wagon. I LOVE how running makes me feel, runner's high and I are good friends.

Anyways, I'm hoping to see a significant loss this week especially since I'll be renewing my plan, starting exercise and kicking it up by really trying to get 30% or more protein in my diet per day!
Old 07-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #13  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Default Back on the Wagon

Good morning!

I would like to join this challenge please. My current weight is 183.5 (up 13lbs from my lowest of 170 in February). I'm aiming for 170 again by the end of the month and considering I was 189.5 on my home scale on Monday morning and it's only Wednesday I think that's doable. I knew it was going to be bad on Monday after our Canada Day long weekend camping and the amount of alcohol I had consumed...but I had no idea it would be that bad. Lots of water seems to be helping get me back where I need to be. I'm hoping to be back in the high 170's by the weekend...that's only 3.5lbs more.

CW: 183.5
GW: 170.0

I am going on Vacation July 22 and will be seeing my dad and his new wife. My dad lost 145lbs last year just changing his eating habits and using a treadmill! I saw him in November...shocking to see him thin after his being very overweight for most of my life. My step-mom hasn't seen me since I lost 60lbs so it should be cool to see them. Ideally I would love to be at 170lbs when I got to T.O. on July 22...but that may be a little too much.

I've just started PGX and it's amazing. I can't believe how much it helps with keeping me feeling full and reducing cravings. I currently take two softgels with each meal and starting Saturday I'll up that to three per meal. So far so good.

I'm really hoping to get some encouragement and also be motivated by you all!

Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #14  
Baby bump to hot mama!

Hi Tleef! Welcome and good luck, sounds like you can totally do this, but it will take hard work! You can do it!! It will be great to wow your dad and stepmom when you get there, you'll have to let us know how they react!
Old 07-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #15  
Never ending story

Hi Chicklets, this group isn't terribly chatty, is it? This morning I finally started feeling like I'm back on my way down the scales. I've been focusing on getting lots of exercise so that I can still eat the food I want. There is so much awesome produce in season right now, and being in the CSA biz, I'm surrounded by it and in heaven! I am thankful that that's the food I want, and not processed crap or fast food!

tleef: Seeing people for the first time after you've lost a lot of weight is such great motivation, and so much fun. Good luck!

k0nfyo0zed: Careful with that torn ligament. You can still get some good cardio calorie burning in with upper body exercise, but that's sure a drag to be slowed down when the motivation is strong. Keep the inspiration up!

PacSunMama: yay! A workout/weight loss partner sounds great, and gives you someone in real life to beat you with a stick if you decide you want to start slacking!

Here are my current stats--I was up to 153.6 on Monday!

S: 152.4
C: 151.8
G: 145

I'm praying for moderation this weekend. I have two amazing food events on Saturday and Sunday, but that doesn't mean I need to be a pig, right? Have a great weekend, and check in often--I need to know you're all here ready to hit me over the head with that virtual frying pan if I stray...