3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   August Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/208781-august-weight-loss-challenge.html)

TheBunneh 08-25-2010 11:29 AM

LE - I got a Singer Simple portable model. It has 18 stitches. It was sale for $99 so we got it as an early birthday present for me! =D

I'm pretty new to sewing and have a lot to learn, but it is SEW much fun. lol. The first thing I made on a sewing machine (my MIL's machine) was a giant stuffed animal for a friend (he'd found the pattern online and reeaaally wanted it). I learned a valuable lesson from that project: seam allowance! But it turned out okay even with mistakes. Here's a picture http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...MG_0622333.jpg

I want to learn how to alter my own clothing, and ultimately I want to get into doll making. But right now I plan to start with smaller projects like throw pillows and maybe an apron.

My Michelle 08-25-2010 02:32 PM

LE: you deserve a giant cheer for making it through one of those "struggling" days! How nice to be rewarded with a loss on the scale the next day!

Bunneh: hang in there through the PMS-iness. It stinks!

susiemartin 08-26-2010 07:17 AM

Check In Time

Yesterday was OP - planning for another today.

Bunneh - I love to sew too! I make everything - from slipcovers to my own panties & bras :D

Hope your day is a good one!

LouisaH 08-26-2010 12:39 PM

Hey Chicklets, I'm back home and feeling great. My body has apparently given me the okay to stop counting my calories, go ahead and eat more carbs every day, including cake and cookies, and skip a day or two of exercise, because I'm at 154.6 this morning, down 1.6 pounds from last Thursday when I left town! Still 2.4 pounds from my August goal, but I'm happy because I thought I would have gained for sure.

I'm back on my schedule, and eating more mindfully, but I am considering not being so anal about my calorie counting (it makes me nuts and crabby, anyway). I am still probably 10 pounds from my final goal, so I don't want to sabotage myself, but I'm thinking it will be good practice for maintenance.

LE: keep your eye on the prize, you're so close! Good for you for pushing through to get back on track. I'm struggling with carb cravings big time, and I find that protein helps satisfy that (and peanut butter, but I always want peanut butter).

Susiemartin: you're doing great! You make your own bras? Really? I am definitely impressed.

TheBunneh: I should get out the sewing machine and become more proficient with it. I would love to alter my clothes--I have some I love and am not ready to donate yet--especially the ones I never got to wear on my way down (well maybe for twenty minutes, before they were too big). I might have more time in the winter, and will hopefully have finished with my body alterations by then too!

My Michelle: good work--we've got a great inspiration group here, I have to agree.

dcapulet: I love boots. How exciting you get to wear some new this winter! 16s, here you come! Hope they don't fit for long, though! lol.

mommy 1028: welcome and good luck!

MsP: How'd the run go?

Have a great day everyone?

My Michelle 08-26-2010 03:53 PM

Another day of clean eating, yippee! Only 5 more days in August.

Tonight begins the weekend at our house. And weekends are always *hard*, so I'm battening down the hatches and getting ready for the crazy hurricane of food that is my husband's weekend style of eating. I've got my life vest on and and good solid plan for every meal, so I'm ready to face the deluge!

LouisaH: How incredible to go on a trip and return lighter than when you left! Congratulations!

Ms Perception 08-27-2010 12:21 AM

LouisaH-Kinda bummed to report I'm still struggling with my knee. It's okay at first then about 4 miles in it starts to hurt and just gets worse slowly. I saw a PT ysterday and hope the exercises he gave me will help. My marathon is only 5 weeks away. I NEED to get in those high mileage days! Thanks for asking, btw. :)

I've been so busy with the getting ready for school stuff that I've hardly had time to be online at all. Food is okay, but not perfect. Exercise is touch and go with lower running miles and trying to make up some time doing walking or other exercise here and there. All in all, no complaints. Next month will be MUCH more focused and MUCH less chaotic, but I sure will miss the kids. School starts Sept. 1 here, so it'll be a new start for us all! ;)

susiemartin 08-27-2010 07:21 AM

Check In Time
Down another pound :)

August has been a good weight loss month for me...for some reason :?:

Planning an OP day & an OP weekend.

Hope yours is terrific!

TheBunneh 08-27-2010 09:06 AM

My TOM weight gain is gone (I'm assuming all of it) and I weighed 177.2 this morning. I still have a few days left to get to 176, and I'm sure gonna try!

susiemartin 08-28-2010 07:12 AM

Check In Time
Yesterday was OP -planning another today.
Hope your day is great!

My Michelle 08-28-2010 07:50 AM

It's Saturday, yay! Yesterday was OP for me, can't wait for my official Monday morning weigh-in. I've been peeking at the scale and I'm hoping to be three pounds down for the week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

TheBunneh 08-28-2010 10:00 AM

176.6 this morning! Yay! Reached my august goal! ^______^

Ms Perception 08-28-2010 06:54 PM

TheBunneh-YAY on making your goal!

I've been so disconnected here and wanted to just say a big CONGRATULATIONS to all those who've made their goals this month. Today I'm thrilled to say I was able to run 12 miles; my longest run since injuring my knee 3 weeks ago. It's a huge blessing to feel like I'm on the road to recovery and should still be able to pull off my marathon in 5 weeks. The run wasn't without pain, but, by the grace of God, I found a certain stride that lessened the pain to a manageable point. Food has been getting better and will continue to be worked on. Always a work in progress... ;)

Lewisempire 08-28-2010 11:31 PM

Lewisempire- Get to Onederland; Log my food daily
Peaches5577 Lose ten pounds;Exercise 4x a week-
LiliK Get to twosieland
Ijiggle onederland; get 70,000 steps per week
LouisaH lose 7 pounds, to reach 152.2
eclipse make it to Onederland
Audrina to be down 10 more pounds [185.5]; to be no longer considered 'obese'
decapulet-1200 min exercise; down to size 16
Thebunneh-Reach 176lbs, do five workouts a week
Cheriann to lose 13 pounds;to work out 3-4x per week.
SusiemartinMy goals are 8lbs, to check daily;finish painting the chicken house & grain shed
envelopeto lose 10 lbs. My starting weight is 196.
Tinycities-My goal is to lose 5lbs (taking me out of the 170s!)
fiestone- Reach 155.5 (halfway point!);-Reach 149.9 (normal weight)
Hlthgrl- be at or below 190;start doing yoga at least four days per week
PopcornGallose 10 lbs
Terre-lose 10lbs;walk 4 miles a day 5 days a week;get into the 160's
Ms Perception1. Track my food;2. Fit comfortably into my clothes
NightAngel26- reach 215 lbs
KimL1214-Lose 15 pounds SW: 259.5/GW 244.5
VickieLou-get into the 230's. SW: 247.2.
Hickory0305Lose 10 pounds, to reach 160.0;Earn 35 Activity Points every week (burn 3500 calories);Track every day
Peachykeen62-lose 5 pounds! But if I reach that goal I will extend it to 8 pounds!! Sw: 251.5
Bama girl reach my freakin' goal weight! 120 lbs
Lilli58To lose 5 pounds this month (to reach 137lb)
SexyinNC7 lbs by the end of the month. That would put me at 129.6
Lippy100485Lose 10 pounds
TamarajHit 170lbs or lower;Stay OP for all camping weekends
Miss Mallee lose 10 pounds
From Thick to Thindrink at least 8 glasses of water;do some type of exercising every day;lose between 10-15 pounds
Mommy1028-be out of the 160's
My Michelle12 days totally clean eating!
Mommy1028 be at 255 by the end of August.

susiemartin 08-29-2010 07:27 AM

Check In Time
Yesterday was OP - planning another today.

Hope you day is great!

My Michelle 08-29-2010 08:50 AM

:carrot: Congratulations Bunneh, Way To GO!!! :carrot:

Yesterday was totally clean for me, yay! Only a few days left in August, very exciting!