3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   August Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/208781-august-weight-loss-challenge.html)

susiemartin 08-09-2010 05:54 AM

Check In Time

OP yesterday - planning an OP day today.
Almost done with the chicken house :cool: Looks like a completely different building.
It's been a real pain to work around the chickens. They keep jumping across the painting & eating paint chips. I have to can some green beans this morning- then it's outside & hopefully I'll finish today. Be glad when it's done!

Hope your day is a good one.

tamaraj 08-09-2010 11:09 AM

Well I missed my goal for July so here are my August goals:

Hit 170lbs or lower
Stay OP for all camping weekends

We can all do this!
Tamara

Ms Perception 08-09-2010 12:32 PM

Good (late) morning, everyone!

susiemartin-You should post pics of your new and improved chicken coop! Congrats on making so much progress! I can only imagine the chickens were not very cooperative.

I went to the chiro this morning. It was my first time with this one and she was really nice and helpful. I think I'm gonna stick with her. Anyway, she gave me some good recommendations and one of the things I liked best was that she admitted she wasn't 100% sure what's causing my leg pain, but we can try some things and see what works and keep working on it. So, she recommended massage therapy for my legs and gave me some other tips to help work on it between visits. I'm really satisfied with all she suggested and said. I have confidence things will improve nicely and I'll still be able to get in sufficient training for my marathon.
On another awesome note, I woke up this morning with no knee pain. None! I haven't run on it, but it even hurt to walk yesterday, so thank God for healing it! I will certainly be taking it easier all around, so that should ensure I don't tweak it again before both legs are ready. I am going to take a small, slow test run tomorrow morning and see what happens and gauge where I'm at (post adjustment). I feel comfortable doing that since I'm getting my massage tomorrow late morning. Then the plan is to cross-training a couple of my normal run days to keep up the cardio fitness and not pound the pavement quite so much for a week or 2.
I feel good today with a healthy breakfast in me and preparing for a good lunch. I should be back in the 130's by next week (I hope!). The time is right for me to get all my ducks in a row. The leg pain only reminds me of the importance of properly caring for this body!

envelope 08-09-2010 04:23 PM

6lbs down and 4lb to go for this challenge. If this month is anything like last month, I will have atleast a week long stall coming at me soon.

eclipse 08-09-2010 04:26 PM

Down to 201.6 this morning. 1.7 lbs until Onderland, and August goal! :)

LouisaH 08-09-2010 10:56 PM

Hi Chicklets, my day of debauchery on Saturday did me in. I saw 156.8 on the scales on Saturday morning, and this morning when I got back on it was up to 159. I'm hoping that'll fall back off, but I didn't help it along today when I ate a giant piece of baklava and went a little over my daily calories. WTF?

But, I had a great NSV: I went shopping yesterday and bought shorts in a size 10 and a size 8. What? I have never worn this size--neither of them. I kept catching glimpses in mirrors and looking up to see who standing there because I'm so not used to my image as a thinner person yet. I sometimes wake up and swing my legs out of bed and it freaks me out. I don't feel like I've reached my goal yet, but I had to get some new clothes because I'm going out of town for the next two weekends and do not want to wear fat clothes anymore!

MsP: sorry about your knee, and hope it heals quickly. I've been having pain in my Achilles tendon and don't know why or what to do about it. I've taken it easy and that seems to help, but I'm very worried about it impeding my progress and crushing my motivation. I'll keep praying for your knee if you put in a good word for my ankle!

SexyinNC: Welcome back! I'm proud of you for getting back here.

dcapulet: I hate the 30DS. Period. I don't even do it anymore--much prefer Jackie Warner. I find some of Jillian's combo moves to be hard on my back, which has always been a weak link for me. And I couldn't get DH to join my in an exercise video to save his life, so good for you!

Lippy: Welcome! It sounds like you're off to a great start.

fivestone: you can totally make it by the 18th!

Tamara: there you are!

The Bunneh: Hang in there. Don't be so hard on yourself. Always do your best, but that means knowing that your best might not always be 100%. Our energy levels wax and wane; just go with it and give yourself credit for doing your best.

susiemartin: Good work--it's exhausting working out in this heat, too. Be careful!

Here's to an OP week, since there's a beer festival in my future next weekend...

susiemartin 08-10-2010 07:15 AM

Check In Time :)

Yesterday was OP. Never got to the chicken house :devil:- will try again today.

I'm down another lb. so that's good - 233.6

Hope everyone has a great day!

Ms Perception 08-10-2010 10:39 AM

envelope-You say it so casually, but that's amazing to be down 6 lbs already for the month. Most of us have a stall week here and there, but it ends eventually and then you'll be off and running again. keep up the awesome job!

eclipse-That onederland mark is just right around the corner and then you'll be flying through those decades as well. Keep your eyes on the prize and good job!

LouisaH-Yay on the 8's and 10's!! That's awesome! I miss the fun of shopping for new sizes, now I'm just fighting to stay in the right size! lol Seriously, though, keep up the good work and take it easy on that achilles. It's better to slow down temporarily than to be sidelined for a long time by over-doing it. I'll pray for quick healing. I have to give myself that speech right now too. My knee does seem to be recovered, but the calf on the other side is still giving me trouble.

susiemartin-Good luck getting around the chicken house today. You're a superstar losing weight right now! That's awesome!

Today is my massage appt and I'm hoping for good results from that. I'm also starting on magnesium glycinate to help my muscles. I'll report on how it all works out. The chiro was optimistic for a quick recovery, so that's encouraging. Have a healthy day all!

tamaraj 08-10-2010 03:46 PM

LouisaH: Here I am! LOL

Ms Perception: I hope you're on the road to recovery soon. Being hurt sucks and can sure put a damper on things but you're doing amazing!

susiemartin: You're doing great! Let's see some before and after pics of that chicken house!

eclipse: Only 1.7lbs to ONEderland! You're a rock star! You can totally do that before the end of August...maybe you'll surprise yourself and do much better than that.

envelope: You can totally do 4lbs before the end of August! Stay positive girl, you're doing amazing!

Lippy100485: You're doing great...of course you can do make August's goal! :carrot:

fivestone: You can do it! You can do it!

SexyInNC: Welcome Back!

I had a VERY off-plan weekend and was back up to 180! Yuck! I'm still looking for the 170's by month end...we'll see! This was the first time that I've eaten off-plan like that and I still have a headache from the sugar withdrawal...:stars: I'm camping this weekend again and next weekend but have planned all of my meals so that should make it much easier. I find that the drinks are the hardest part, although the Mike's hard lemonade and the new grapefruit Alive (80 calories) make it a little more manageable. I guess I could just not drink at all but that is hard when everyone else is. My mother would say "If everyone else jumped off a bridge...". I used to say back "well, what is the swimming like at the bottom and are there cute boys down there?" LOL :devil: I was back to 100% on plan yesterday so should recover nicely.

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Tamara

tamaraj 08-10-2010 03:53 PM

LouisaH: I am totally picking up what you're laying down with clothing sizes and catching glimpses of yourself. Some days when I walk up to the door of my office I pause and marvel that the reflection I see there is me! I haven't been this small since I had my daughter 17 years ago. I thought I was around this weight back in 2000, but I tried on the jeans I bought then (yes I kept them) and was soooo proud of and they're far too big so obviously I never got to where I am now.

I'm sitting about a size 12 and it feels so amazing to shop and not have to try to fit in the biggest size in the "regular" sizes only to have to go into the plus sizes. I've consigned the majority of my wardrobe and am having a great time buying new stuff and using my credit at the consignment boutique. I've also given anything that I couldn't consign to charity. I'll never need THOSE clothes again. I'm not losing weight...I'm changing my life! Losing weight implies that I've lost something and might try to find it! *Ha! I also bought an adorable dress in an 8 week before last and while it's snug in the bust, it's a perfect fit everywhere else. I love when manufacturers make their clothes big...LOL!

Have a great day!
Tamara

dcapulet 08-10-2010 04:13 PM

louisa - I hate it too. So does hubby. But I like the way it makes me look - so I force my way through it. Seriously though, I am right there with you.

So I hurt my foot - not exercising, just walking for fun. My ankle is pretty bad - so I am reducing my exercise's impact and doing more yoga. I am determined not to let this stop my progress, although I'm being careful so I can heal and not re-injure.

SexyInNC 08-10-2010 10:02 PM

Question for everybody....What time of day do u ladies weight urself? I usually check in the am and right before bed and sometimes theres a 4 lb difference! UGH! So frustrating!

LouisaH 08-10-2010 11:53 PM

Hey gang,

SexyinNC: I weigh first thing in the morning--well second thing--after I pee. Buck nekked, so there will be consistency every morning. I even find that what time I go to bed and get up will affect it. If I have time in the morning, I will sometimes go back to bed and hope to be able to pee again so I can go for a better number. ;) I'm not kidding. I even take the best of three sometimes, if the scales are not being nice. I don't even bother stepping on the scales any other time of the day because it's all lies. I don't eat at consistent times, though, so morning is going to be the most accurate for me.

dcapulet: I'd like to think I would stick with the 30DS if I didn't have other videos I prefer. There are actually parts of each of the three levels I like, but I can't make myself put that DVD in!

Tamara: good idea on the consignment shop. I have a mountain of clothes that will continue to grow because I haven't yet gone through everything to get rid of it yet, and it sure would be nice to do some trade-ins, as it were. Congratulations to you! I know how good that feels to have your "skinny" clothes be too big, and there is nothing like that feeling to motivate you to keep going. I'm also with you on the drinking. My drink of choice has become vodka and Mendota Springs Lime (or club soda). Then I'm drinking only the calories of the vodka. And if everyone did jump off a bridge, would I want to be the only one left? I think not.

MsP: I RICEd (rested, iced, compressed and elevated for those who aren't familiar with the term) my ankle today, and took prescription dose ibuprofen and it's feeling much better, but as you said, easy does it. The last thing I want to do is mess it up even more. Glad your knee is feeling better, and I hope that calf is close behind. I'd be interested to hear about the magnesium glycinate--never heard of it.

My weight was down a pound to 158 this morning, and I'm hoping to get rid of another one by tomorrow so I can be back where I was before the weekend. It's especially hard to stay on track without getting much exercise in--it doesn't give me many calories to eat!

susiemartin 08-11-2010 07:09 AM

Check In Time :)

I weigh myself in the morning.

Yesterday was OP but my weight is up a bit this morning 234.2. Probably too much sodium.

I finally finished the chicken house :carrot:

It was a real ordeal working in the heat. Building & painting the new door wasn't hard, but was very time consuming.

I have a few streaks of white paint that I dripped when I did the trim, but they will be easy to paint out next time I open a can of paint.

I'd like to have all my outbuildings (there's 4) painted by the time the cold weather arrives.

On Saturday I'm starting again with the pressure washer on the grain shed, barn & machine shed.

Chicken House Before & After

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ouseBefore.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...HouseAfter.jpg

tamaraj 08-11-2010 09:33 AM

Good morning everyone! It's hump day! :carrot:

susiemartin: Sodium is an evil monster! Why can't food manufacturers just reduce the sodium in their food? Think of how many people would benefit from a mass exodus of sodium in their food! LOL Your chicken house looks fantastic! What a difference!

LouisaH: Consignment is the way to go! I get 50% of the $$ for anything I consign as an in-store credit. I've already purchased a number of awesome pieces and even got a really cute pair of Ralph Lauren jeans in a 12 (they're a bit snug still, but by the time jeans weather comes should be perfect) for $25 and they happened to be 50% off the day I bought them. Where else, other than a consignment boutique, can you get a pair of RL jeans that look brand new for $12.50?!?!

dcapulet: Sorry to hear about your foot. :crossed: for a speedy recovery! I suppose you can always do yoga or pilates while you're injured?

SexyInNC: I weigh first thing in the morning in my nightgown after I pee and that is the only time I weigh at home. I do have to go to HM every Mon/Wed/Fri and weigh in and I do that at lunch so I've had breakfast but haven't had lunch yet although I probably drink about 1.5 - 2 Litres of water in the morning before I go and when I weigh there I'm fully clothed. The amazing thing is that their scale (clothed and breakfast/water) usually weighs me less than my scale at home when I'm barely clothed and starving...LOL

Hope everyone has a great day!
Tamara