Old 01-18-2010, 05:27 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Valentines Day Callenge Week 3

Good Morning and welcome to week 3 of our challenge. Can you believe we are already into our 3rd week of 2010? Wow. Having a nice storm outside so I am going to post this now before I lose power.

Week 1: 142
Week 2: 142
Week 3:139

So I officially booked my Disneyland trip. We are going March 14-20. Adding an extra day is saving us money on airfare. I'm pretty excited now that it is booked.

I'm feeling pretty good today. I'm glad it is my mini-friday. The day should go by quick. After work DH wants to go and workout today, I might just go with him.

W 64 oz
E extra laps maybe a workout after work
E 1200 cals
D Be happy!

Last edited by jcatron243; 01-18-2010 at 05:37 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/172/152

Height: 5'9"

Jeni,
Disney sounds wonderful! It's on the family to do list. CONGRATS on your 3 lb loss!

Tiara - Hope you are feeling better, too!

I'm ready for Week 3 even though I did not not loose anything Week 2. I went into weekend with a loss but blew it last night. Weekends are my big challenge - I think that I need to approach them from a different mindset - less of I made it through a challenging week, time to relax/let my guard down to I'm gonna keep making progress!

Week 1: 182
Week 2: 180
Week 3: 180

W: 64 oz.
E: 30 minutes elliptical & some floor exercises
E: 1200 calories
D: Get back to my focus!
Momto6inOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #3  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Morning all....

OMG I am just DESPERATE to get losing this weight. I am just miserable, not exercising, binge eating. Clothes are ill fitting, can't breathe right, not sleeping well, no energy, getting depressed, feeling unattractive, the list just goes on and on on on on.

I get moody and defensive when my husband tries to encourage and "help" me, I am impulsive, do everything to excess. I'm sluggish and lazy, don't do as much with my kids as I want to. I sit on my computer and eat. That's about it. I start my days promising today is the day. Do great for breakfast, fruit, Fiber one cereal, vitamin and water. Sometimes I don't even make it to lunch before snacking and grazing.

There is something really bothering me that I wanted to talk about somewhere so here is as good as any. It is killing me feeling fat and unattractive and slobbish. My husband just loves me no matter what and still compliments me and makes me feel sexy. But I find myself encouraging other men who I am not attracted to just because they look at me a certain way or say the right things (things my own husband say to me but they don't carry the same weight from him as from a stranger!) because it makes me feel pretty and sexy. It is starting to go too far and I am getting bored with it but for awhile it was a thrill and made me feel falsely good about myself. Maybe since I've been sober awhile (NINE MONTHS this past sunday!!) I am looking for some kind of thrill, excitement, DRAMA. Why can't I be happy with the status quo? My life is SO good, and I'm so lucky to have the life I have but I'm always looking to eff it up doing something selfish and stupid.

Ugh and I'm feeling kind of thoughtful lately...been in AA 9 months now, feeling like I'm really getting connected in the sober community. Well there was this guy in the program, ten years sober, well known and well liked in the community, working a good program, sponsoring lots of guys. Well he went out last Friday, rented a storage unit and took his own life inside. It is sending just shocks through the area. I've heard that's what it is around here, stick around long enough and you will go to hundreds of funerals of your friends. That's how addiction/alcoholism is, it wants us dead. It is patient, it will wait a long time, but it wants us dead. Cunning, baffling, powerful.

Wow, didn't mean to get up on the recovery soap box. I just see in my life how I keep my disease alive, feeding it (literally) by eating to excess. And I want to change, I need to. And I need my girls to do it. We don't ever have to do it alone!!!!

Hi Momto6.....I'm in Ohio too, where are you? I'm in Canton (northeast ohio). Nice to meet you!

Jeni!!!!!!!! Trip to Disney baby!! WOOT WOOT! You are doing so awesome losing weight and exercising!!! How are your blood sugars?

Everyone else....I'll catch up with ya this week!!! Love and missed you all. xo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #4  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Week 1- 179.8
Week 2- 178.8
Week 3- 180.2 Do you see a problem here??

Michelle- WOW!! You just laid it all ou there. I am going to PM you. Don't know if I can help, but I can certainly relate to some of your feelings.

Jeni- Look at that number. Good for you.

Did my week at 1500 cals, now trying the 1200 calorie week. Like that's going to make any difference. WTH???

Last edited by mtiger; 01-18-2010 at 11:03 AM.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #5  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

Jeni- Disney Land sounds so fun! Have a great time!

Michelle- I know how you feel... i was feeling depressed, sluggish, eating whatever whenever and feeling hopeless. exercising has been helping me so much. it's only been a week and i am noticing an improvement in all of those areas.

i signed up for the March of Dimes "March for Babies" walk which is happening on April 25, 2010 in my town. it's 5 miles so i am going to start training soon. I know thats not a lot but it is for me and last time i didnt train. I think it will help me. If you would like to donate and help me reach my goal please go to http://www.marchforbabies.org/htownemluvr

week 1: 180
week 2: 180
week 3: 176.4 yay!

w:4 bottles
e: only good stuff
e: get in it everyday
d: keep going!

Last edited by onestar; 01-18-2010 at 09:18 PM.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #6  

Michelle,
We are very close to one another. I'm in Massillon. It really helps me to write down everything I will eat for the day first thing in the a.m. Have your tried planning what you'll eat in advance? I am a big-time stress eater too but I think I'm finally finding alternative ways to deal with it. Your husband sounds like a great guy. If you love him (and it sounds like you do) and he loves you (again sounds like he does), fight for your marriage with everything in you. Inviting attention from other men can lead you places that could destroy your marriage - even if you don't want it to happen. Divorce is so hard on the kids. Sounds like you have kids? I was not the one who filed divorce in my first marriage but I have to live with the results of it every day. My children live in two homes - mine 50% of the time/ their dad's 50%. They are doing pretty well because their dad and I always put them first, but it is still not easy for them. Thankfully, I am remarried to a wonderful man who is also a great step-dad. He also helps me with my eating - but because I've asked him to help me. He does it because he knows its important to me to get back to the weight I was when we met. Your husband might want to help you lose weight because he knows that is so important to you so try not to take it personal. I want to get bathing suit sexy for me and my man. We plan to start working out together soon.

Maybe we can meet for coffee sometime at Starbucks at the Strip? That one is pretty easy to access from anywhere in Canton/Massillon. You've got it in you. Latch hold of your focus and determination, plan your diet and exercise and you'll start to see progress. And, once that progress gets going, it will become easier. I've lost the same 20-30 lbs. mulitiple times so I know... Guess I got on a roll, too. Hope it helps in some way.

Mendy (or is it Mindy) - we'll both loose next week, right?

One - GREAT loss!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #7  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

week 1 251.2
week 2 245
week 3 241
i feel a lot better today.. yea now i can get back to my exercising lol.. heres to an even better weigh in next week..

jeni.. o im so envious i never ben to disneyland in all my 21 years..lol well ive never been off my island to be exact.. hopefully that will all change come this dec..

w 64 ++
e wii boot camp
e 1200 cals
d clean out ice box.. o what fun
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Michelle~ I'm glad you are here. I miss you. You know that you need to approach your eating the same way you did with NA/AA, right. It is a process to get yourself into a habit of working out and eating right. YOU NEED to do it for yourself, your kids, your DH. With everything you have done and gone through over the past few years you know what works for you and what doesn't. Dont look at your gains/losses/gains as a failure, win, failure. It is the past, and you need to live in the now and live each day with your commitment. You need to love yourself. Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you love yourself, everyday. Don't say I love myself, but I need to (fill in the blank). You need to love you, with all your greatness and your flaws. Once you love yourself you will really find the commitment you need. I see the greatest of you in your words with your eloquence and inspiration to so many people for so many years. The love you have for your family. The strength you have to overcome your addiction. You are so amazing.

Jeanette~I struggle on the weekends too. The ones that I am off anyway. Thats why monday weigh ins are good and bad. Good because they keep me more honest (especially now I am posting my w/i on mondays). Bad because my scale usually peaks on Mondays then follow back to normal.

Onestar~great loss! Good job on signing up for the walk too!

Mindy~I hope that going down to 1200 does something for you. A freind who used to work at a gym as a personal trainer told me to try pyramid eating. its a 3 day eating cycle example 1600~1400~1200~1400~1600~1400~1200 and so on. She says it really works, kind of like interval dieting

Tiara~Another great week! congrats!!!!!

Everyone~I love disneyland. (as the older people in the group will tell you) My first trip was 7 years ago and have gone several times. It is so worth going But then my family loves the whole experience, lines and all. I would REALLY love to be at my goal weight by then. But 9 pounds in 8 weeks will be nearly impossible for me. I am going to try and workout every Monday, Wed, Friday Sat after work. DH wants to workout after work too, so I am waiting for him. I doubt I will run since I am on my feet all day long but I am thinking recumbant bike if one is available. I will get in at least 30 minutes of cardio today.

I know 139 is official today, but I have been here for so long. Bouncing back and forth between 139~142. I think the last 2 challenges I have bounced. Last thursday I was at 137. Monday was TOM gain, but I was hoping to be lower today. Why am I whining, I am at my lowest weight since 1996, I need to slap some sense into my self. Sorry for the whines guys.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #9  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Hi guys!!! I'm not usually on in the evening but wanted to say hi! What great advice and support I get here. Thanks for all the words of wisdom. I am definitely taking a look at my behaviors and patterns and am going to make some changes. I need to feel good about myself, not wait around for others (esp MEN!) to make me feel that way. And Jeni you were right, it is EXACTLY the same approach I have been taking with AA. Remember KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid!)

OMG OMG OMG I can't believe how close you are Momto6!!!! (I missed your first name, sorry!) I would just LOVE to meet you sometime. That would be awesome! I'm over in Plain Twp, BTW, right off of route 62 near McKinney's furniture. What a coincedence. (we probably even know the same people!)

Mini brag....been 100000000% on plan today, no BLTs (Bites, Licks, Tastes) for me....I reached for the twinkies once but stopped myself (I know, why have it in the house, right? For the kids' lunches, and they are a rare treat at that) I realize today isn't over yet, but I've done the best I can.

Went to the calling hours of the guy from AA who died last week. It was so sad but a real eye opener about how depression, alcoholism, addiction, the whole thing can really devastate a community and a family. He had two kids, 11 and 15. I couldn't believe how brave and graceful they were. God knows they need strength to get beyond this. All I could think is what it would feel like if it were me or my husband and my kids. If you ever say to yourself, the world would be a better place without me, (and I've had so many times I've felt that way) just know, know, KNOW, that isn't true. Even people I don't care that much for....I would never be better off because someone else died.

I vote for 3fc WOW reunion to be held at Tiara's in Oahu!!! It is my dream to go to Hawaii. Maybe someday!!!!

Love you all so much. I feel like I take and take but its because you all give your love so freely. Thanks!!!! ~~~~michelle xo
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #10  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls.

So sorry I haven't been around. I have to get up at 4 am everyday to catch the bus to work and I'm going through a bout of depression right now. I have no energy, I just slept this whole weekend away.

I'm hoping I can get this paperwork done soon and I can start school. Maybe I can find something that will interest me and kick me out of this funk.

JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:36 AM   #11  

Lea - How wonderful that you have the opportunity to go back to school - a world of possibilities! For some reason, I'm thinking of a Dr. Seuss book I've read to my kids. The name escapes me but it talks about all the things one can become. One of my favorite Dr. Seuss books... Good luck getting that paperwork done.

Michelle - GREAT job sticking to plan yesterday! Hey - since I love challenges, do you want to meet for coffee when we both loose say 15 lbs? That way, we can have whip cream on our coffee to celebrate.

Jeni - you deserve to see that scale drop. Wish I had an answer for you. How many lbs. until you reach your goal?

I took a personal day today to get my house under control and take care of a few other things. Good thing because my husband and I received confirmation yesterday that we need to put a house up for sale soon - either the one we live in or the one my sister told me yesterday she and her family will be vacating March 1. They had hoped to buy the house but now need to move out of state. Today I plan to interview a realtor or two by phone, and work on my house, cleaning AND decluttering. Yesterday, I also heard from the person that does my hair that the first time home buyer tax credit has been extended to April 30. She's selling a house and getting a lot of showings she thinks because of the credit. Two mortgages - YIKES! We need to MOVE!

Have a great day all. Jeanette

For me today:
W: 64 oz.
E: 30 minutes elliptical and lots of cleaning
E: 1300
D: Productive day!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:43 AM   #12  
Calorie Counter

Michelle, GREAT JOB on OP all day. I am so proud of u. I second the trip to Tiara's! DH and I decided we are going to go on our 10th anniversary in 2011. But now the kiddos want to go too (something about Scobby Doo in hawaii )

Shari~Take care of yourself love. I hope you get your paperwork in so you can go back to school.

Jeanette~I hate moving. there are so many good deals on the market in my area, and I need a bigger house, but seriously I hate moving. I have about 9 pounds to my goal. I started living healthy at the end of July 2006. I have had my ups and downs 2008-2009 I gained and lost thes same 10 pounds. The past 6 months I have been doing absolutely great. and I have come down about 12 pounds. I'm actually pretty happy with the way that my body is looking, I just have had that same goal for so long I want to reach it.

I got in a good elliptical workout last night. 35 minutes. It really felt good even though I was tired when I got there. I pulled some energy (and agression left over from work) And really got in a great workout. The biggest problem~cooking dinner and eating after the workout. I didn't get into bed until 8 last night. That was fine since I slept in today, but It will be impossible for me to do that on a day I have to get up at 2am so I may cook dinner the night before, but I'm not a great leftover person.

W 100 oz
E 35 minute run, 20 minute weights, 10 minute summit climber or row machine
E about 1200 cals
D House work (thinking of you jeaneatte!) I have to get a ton of things picked up cleared up and organized. Also I have lots of laundry to do.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #13  
Calorie Counter

Poppin in to say my run was amazing. 3.61 miles in 35 minutes. My best 3 mile run 27:48. I ended up with the elliptical for my last 10 because the summit climber and row machines were full, which never happens
Old 01-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #14  

Height: 5'3"

Hey Ladies!

Sorry I wasn't on this weekend, pretty much every waking hour these past three days was filled with painting, kid wrangling or cleaning. We only stopped to catch up on 24 last night and stayed up way too late because of it. Didn't get a chance to weigh in this morning, Desmond woke up really early and got me all off my routine - will weigh in tomorrow though and post.

Jeni - congrats on the loss! I know you've been working really hard for it, you definitely deserve it! Hope you have a great time in Disney, maybe in a few year we'll get there - kids aren't old enough yet.

Michelle - I can relate to some of your feelings too, the days where I feel fat and gross and uncomfortable in my own skin tend to be the ones where I'm depressed, and eat terribly. I get the mentality that I don't care and eat anything and everything in sight. It's tough, my imperfect days far outnumber my perfect ones that's for sure. Just keep going, every day is a choice - something I often need reminding.

mtiger - keep at it, hopefully your 1200 cal week will get things moving.

onestar - congrats on the loss!

TIARA - congrats on the loss too! Hawii sounds like a great place for a 3FC WOW reunion, I'm there...now who's paying

For anyone interested in the GoWear Fit, I still am working on it, need to have a consistent week of tracking calories before I can really assess. However I do feel that the calories burned is a little high - usually I'm around 2200 for the day. I've checked out some other forums and it's supposed to get more accurate as you wear it longer and longer. Many women will take 10% off the total burn to get a more conservative estimate so we'll see. Our computer is still broken (Dell is replacing it) so I haven't been able to use the online activity manager, once I can use it it'll be easier to track everything. Have a great day girls

W - 64+
E - 10000+ steps
E - 1300 cals max
D - DH is working late so patience is the word of the day!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:14 PM   #15  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been gone for so long. I started my new job last Wednesday and I've been sooo tired when I get off that I haven't been getting online. I'm now a zookeeper at Audubon's Center for the Research of Endangered Species (aka ACRES)! I absolutely love this place. And another GREAT thing about this job: I burn around 3000 calories a day! I love the fact that work is my exercise. I was kinda upset Sunday when I weighed in because I had gained 2 pounds, but then I realized my body is just getting used to the physical labor and my sore muscles were probably retaining water. Monday when I weighed in I was back down the 2 pounds (I was 177 Monday). So hopefully my body will be back to normal by next weigh-in.

I'm going to try to start checking in more often. Hopefully my body will adjust and I'll be able to stay awake in the afternoons.
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote