Old 09-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #1  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Default The Master Cleanse

Anyone up for being my master cleanse buddies in the near future? I have done this cleanse/detox a few times.. and it just makes me feel sooo goood!!

It's by no means a 'diet' or way to lose weight. Yes you do shed some pounds.. but it does help to heal your body and a great platform to start yourself all fresh and clean and OP. I know of many people who have really healed thier bodies through this.

Also.. if it does seem to too extreme from you, you could always EAT RAW along with it.

I included a link to the book for those to read and see if they are up for it.. post if you wanna join and we will figure out a start date and begin soon!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNFTvosCw6M

Essentially, its drinking just lemonade for 10 + days. This mixture if made from organic lemon juice, grade B maple syrup and cayenne pepper. It is safe if done properly, as the maple syrup provides with the nutrients your body needs.

Everyone is different, so please check with your doctor if you have concerns.. but i have done it a few times... and i feel better when im on it!

Anyway.. questions, concerns and anyone wanna join are welcome here!!!

Its no fun to do it alonel so it woudl be nice to have a few of you to do it with me!

Last edited by mountain mama; 09-10-2009 at 07:35 PM.
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #2  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

that sounds intresting ... can you give me more details on how this works what do you eat ? how much of it how do you make the lemonade? how much of it do you drink?
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:22 PM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi there. I have also done the master cleanse about 3 times now but I don't have any plans to do it again at present. Just wanted to tell you that I support doing it, I think it is helpful though you'll find plenty of nay sayers against it but I say don't knock what you haven't tried. People have been fasting for 1000s of years but you'll still find people who will argue what a hazard it is. My dh did it a couple of times, the first time it was extremely effective in helping with some chronic pain he was having. I'm surprised you haven't gotten a bunch of posts already saying how you are endangering your life by doing something so radical!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:47 PM   #4  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

i'm up for it. i've done it several times before but I usually don't go all 10 days on the master cleanse --I do "juicefeasting" instead. drinking 1 Gallon or more of Fresh Juices each day. when were u thinking?
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #5  

jen: thanks for the support.. i closed my eyes when i clicked back on here this evening waiting for the negative comments lol but so far, so good!
I know a guy that did and at the begining he had an unexplained bump on his hand.. some kind of cyst or deposit of something.. after the 14 days, it was gone!

I am thinking the 1st of october if that's cool with people
so there is plenty of time to prepare hehe.. and i wanna focus on my joggng for the rest of this month.

munky: all the details are in the link i posted.. but in a nutshell... drink only the lemonade which i listed above, along with water for 10+ days, taking a laxative herbal tea in the evenings, like senna. there's a lot more but i will make a bigger post about it later

cali: im thinking that oct 1st is a good time. and yeah.. any fast you want to do is good! its just good to have someone do it with ya!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:37 PM   #6  
live ur life

yea i know people have given me negative comments when they see me either juice fasting or doing master cleanse --- i've always done it for health reasons and not for weight loss and i feel so great after a cleanse. i'm looking forward to it.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #7  

Well rock on!!! hehe
Is october 1st cool with you? I know it;s like forever away... haha
Old 09-11-2009, 12:28 PM   #8  
live ur life

i'm up for it = ) just remind me though = P
Old 09-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 148/109/105

Height: 5'3

fauxtini --

doesn't think slow down your metabolism because your body goes into starvation mode? i have dropped several pounds over the past several months by diet and exercise and seriously toning up at the gym. i don't want to lose any of the progress that i have made. i would love to try the master cleanse for about 5 days to see how i feel, but i am afraid that once i start eating normally again (which is healthy), i'll just gain back weight at a rapid pace and lose some of my progress!! don't you just regain all of the pounds that you lose after you are finished the master cleanse? can you maybe give me a detailed experience of yours on the master cleanse?

thanks!!!
Biju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

I did the master cleanse a few years ago, and would love to do it again, but I am breastfeeding, so can't do it until DD is weaned. Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents though that fasting IS healthy if done right! I have done a couple of two week fasts also in my life, and by the end of the fast I felt better and healthier than I ever did eating food. In fact when I started eating again, I could feel my alertness going right out the window!

On a completely separate not, the Master Cleanse book states you can remove moles using Clove oil, and I would like to just throw in my recommendation NOT to try this. At least not on your face. I tried it once and put the essential oil on a mole on my face at night, and the next morning it had eaten away any skin it had touched. Took years to finally have my face look normal there!

Biju, I do know that you will of course gain some fake weight back when you start eating again, (sodium and water weight, etc), but I am actually not sure about the metabolism and am too lazy to go look it up. I do know from personal experience I didn't gain back any weight I lost when I did fasts if that helps! (well I didn't gain it back immediately....I gained it back a few years later with lots of help from pizza and ice cream, )

Last edited by jessicado22; 09-12-2009 at 09:56 PM.
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 208.6/185/160

Height: 5'7"

I just stumbled on this thread. I have read a little about the Master Cleanse. Truthfully most of it was negative. I hav been wanting to do a cleanse though for health reasons. You all give such positive feedback I might just give it a try.
Hlthgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #12  
live ur life

OOPs Its oct. 1st ..i'm starting it tomorrow. anybody else?
Old 10-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #13  

I did the Master Cleanse for 10 days and I felt GREAT. After the first 2-3 days, I was not hungry and it plainly says not to quit before day 10 because you stir up the toxins but will be quitting before they are all removed. My understanding is that your metabolism will actually boost once you remove the toxins down to the cellular level which does take the full 10 days. I had lost 17lbs in the 10 days that I did it. My Italian Grandfather died right at the end of the cleanse and we made our way up to NY for the funeral and to be with family and I comforted myself with evidently 17lbs of food because I gained all that I had lost. But I am good like that. I had been wanting to do it again. If anyone would like to be a cleanse buddy, feel free to contact me.
stickn2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #14  
Wishes I could be a cat!

S/C/G: 249/241/150

Height: 5'2

I so want to do this. I am going away out of state for a week (leaving Friday) so I would have to start when I get back. I will also have to do more reasearch on it
momto3kittiess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #15  
Wishes I could be a cat!

S/C/G: 249/241/150

Height: 5'2

That link is a Viva La Bam thing, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
Anyone up for being my master cleanse buddies in the near future? I have done this cleanse/detox a few times.. and it just makes me feel sooo goood!!

It's by no means a 'diet' or way to lose weight. Yes you do shed some pounds.. but it does help to heal your body and a great platform to start yourself all fresh and clean and OP. I know of many people who have really healed thier bodies through this.

Also.. if it does seem to too extreme from you, you could always EAT RAW along with it.

I included a link to the book for those to read and see if they are up for it.. post if you wanna join and we will figure out a start date and begin soon!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNFTvosCw6M

Essentially, its drinking just lemonade for 10 + days. This mixture if made from organic lemon juice, grade B maple syrup and cayenne pepper. It is safe if done properly, as the maple syrup provides with the nutrients your body needs.

Everyone is different, so please check with your doctor if you have concerns.. but i have done it a few times... and i feel better when im on it!

Anyway.. questions, concerns and anyone wanna join are welcome here!!!

Its no fun to do it alonel so it woudl be nice to have a few of you to do it with me!
momto3kittiess is offline   Reply With Quote