Old 09-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #76  

Height: 6'1

Happy first of the month everyone! I love the first day of the month because I still have the entire month to focus on my goals. Work is going kinda slow, but what else is new. I just finished a yummy breakfast of granola, berries and NF yogurt so that should keep me pretty full until lunch. So my SW for this month is 249, 9 more lbs to meet my goal at the end of this month!
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:12 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning September!

Oh how I love a fresh beginning

Pucedaisy - Congrats again on hitting that goal, and that five pounds doesn't stand a chance!

Sotypical - Welcome back, and chattiness is not required just glad you're at it again.

SG - I think I might join you guys on your 5k adventures, I've been checking out some in Edmonton and there's lots to be had this time of year, who knew? Just have to get dh's work schedule and see which one we can manage.

FSA - Once again, thanks for putting up with all our craziness, you don't ever go on holidays right? lol

MissMallee - Congrats on goal and finally being rid of that cold, almost anyway and it's true,choose to plan or plan to fail is how I see it. Won't have it anyother way.

CLaura - Welcome aboard and look forward to getting to know you.

Misschloe - Welcome, this is a fantastic place to find motivation, support and the occasional kick in the arse if you need that too.

Synesthetes - Welcome to the challenge and you're almost at goal wow, fantastic!

Delphi - woohoo on the monster deficit yesterday love, that's awesome, I would imagine that 179 is gonna come visit soon, it really has no choice, you amaze me daily my dear. I like that wake up strategy too, I find that at least it gives me the other four days of reasonable wake up times and I don't get burnt out or discouraged too. Enjoy rocking the free world!

Sandye - OK so now I have to write Sandye b/c if I type Cmo4 no one is gonna know who I'm talking too, lol, but I love that screen name, it's just exactly, perfectly, true. Enjoy the park and congrats on that 142.6, what a nice way to start the month!

Susie - Good to see you and glad you're out there already, great way to start the month too.

LE - So glad you're back, I missed your smiling face and those sound like marvelous goals, wtg.

LTTG - Or that could just be your starting weight and you'll get a .2 bonus when the water comes off? I know, the eternal optimist but why not, you've lost 10lbs and that's awesome!

Wifey - Welcome back! Loving the pop goal, I found that one to be one of the best things I've ever done for my weight loss (and my health no doubt), hands down.

HeatherEljohari - Welcome back as well, glad to see you're still mending up nicely and can get back to something physical. Good luck!

Econ Nerd - Nice to have you back, again, lol. It is hard to stick with it for sure but with the determination anything can be done and I betca this time is the charm.

Butterfly Diva - Welcome, that's some awesome goals, glad to have you aboard!

MsP - Congrats on the 5K btw, saw that awesome time, you're a speed demon, WTG! At least you'll have some nice peace and quiet to clean in , it's nice when you clean a room that it says that way for at least a little while.

Jacque - Look at you all maintaining and stuff, lol, great job btw!

Bootsie - Welcome back!

Kim - Welcome and I'm with you, aim high, we only get what we expect and nothing more so why not?

Dcapulet - enjoy the first day.

Shasha - that's the exact breakfast I had, lol, great minds I guess

Started the month off right with a biggie of a loss, 1.2lbs so I'm hanging out at 174 now. That's 4.6lbs in 5 days Not sure what's going on, maybe still some shock from my vacation schedule to my regular workout/eating routine, and the fat's scared and running away? Not sure but please remind me when this stabilizes and I don't loss anything for a week that's it's just my body adjusting. Great way to start the month though.

Gotta pick dh up from work soon, then some HIIT, gonna start my last week today, thanks goodness, I think HIIT, P90X everyday and running 3x a week might be stretching it a bit so at least I only have to manage a week that way. Then some plyometrics in the afternoon and family time tonight. We had a murder here the other day (first in ten years supposedly) and dh has been very busy and at work constantly (ie today is his day off but he had to go in anyway) and he finally gets tonight off so it will be nice to hang out together, then tomorrow, his other day off, will be at the autopsy so that doesn't really lend itself to family togetherness either. Gotta take it while we can get it, so I'll talk to you ladies later.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:20 PM   #78  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Tummy ~ That's awesome. I don't know what you're doing, but it's working..keep it up. Sucks about the murder though, but at least you know the best of the best are working on it. Godspeed to hubby and your family! As for me, I guess I'm just coming off of TOM, so perhaps I'll see some positive numbers shortly. I need to really push myself the next two months, because when November gets here, I won't be doing a whole lot of anything other than shootin' terroists. Modern Warfare 2 comes out November 10th...so that will keep me very busy in the brackets. So, I'm gonna try to push hard until then at least, because my weight loss will more than likely be very slow come November/December!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #79  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Greetings!

So, this month finds me up half a pound mysteriously... ok... maybe not so mysteriously but I did have fun so I don't really care... it just makes me nervous about my goal. Anyhooo... work is busy, busier than I've been in a looong time. Why is it that anything good for the students always equals hours of work for me? I sit here eating my lunch and looking at my desk which looks like a bomb went off and thinking "man, if only I had a personal assistant."

cmo4 - I'm still calling you cmo4, you just have to deal with it. Congrats on your loss! You just seem to be shrinking like crazy these days. I sent the registration information for the 5k to my sister who will be running it with me so wooo hoo! Also, I hear ya on the early morning run... it gets creeeeepy sometimes but at least it gets my mind off the time. Speaking of time, are you listening to Ullery's podcast's? That 20 minutes scared the crap out of me today!

Ms P - Good luck with that laminate, I hated cleaning mine until I got one of those steam mops... now it's a breeze! I had to mop and then dry my floor, what a pain!

jacque - I love your new picture! So cute!

Tummy - Woah, that's an amazing loss! Go you!

Miss Mallee - I didn't realize we had such similar stats until you posted your goal. How fun!

Ok ok, I'm back to work. I have 20 good minutes of lunch left and I plan to use them!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #80  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

HI GIRLSSSSS!!!!

So, I'm back. I know, I know. I took off for the whole summer and you all assumed that I had been run over by a bus-or a big or an even bigger - but no. Summer has just been crazy busy and I have had no time to myself at all for posting or reading or doing anything. I didn't want to abandon you but one day led to the next......

I am looking forward to meeting new people and catching up with all of my old friends here on the thread. I browsed over in August and it looks like you gals had a fantastic month! I hope that our September is even more successful!!!

My September goal is to lose 5 pounds. I am not updating my ticker today as it is the first day of TOM and I don't really want to consider what all of my back sliding over the summer has brought to the scale. We are going away this weekend and I'll update on Tuesday no matter how bad it is. (And I suspect that it will be bad.)

So happy to be back with you guys!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon ladies!

Susie, Lewis, Mom, Wifey(long time no see hun!), Heather, Karen, ButterflyDiva, Jacque, Bootsie, KimL, dcapulet, Shasha, urockmom (welcome back girlie!)
~ Hello and giant high fives to everyone! It's a brand new month and you're going to do great!!!

Delphi~ ah yes, Delphi o'clock is the only time I can work in my workouts and not get interrupted 100 times! I don't like it, but it's better than the alternative! Plus, I can usually squeeze in my shower before hubby leaves and getting that in before noon is always a bonus!

MsP~ WTG once again on that 5K girlie! Hope you're having fun cleaning! I really should be doing the same!

Tummy~ Thanks hun! Congrats on the great loss this morning! Woo hoo! I don't know what you're doing, but keep it up girlie! It's workin'!!!

SG~ Woo hoo! I'm excited about our first 5K! When is yours? Mine is on Oct. 3rd, so I'm not even sure if I'm going to be finished with C25K by then! Ya know, I'm not sure if it was because my adrenaline was cranked up looking for the boogey man or what, but when I was running, and I kept thinking "it can't be 5 mins yet!" and when he said it was the halfway mark for Day 3--I was floored because I thought, "no way! I bet I could have done that!". Like I said, it was probably just because I was all creeped out and not really thinking about running and stuff. Heck, if that's the case, I'm never running during daylight hours again!

Well girls, the park was nice. We hit Walmart on the way home and I got a butternut squash--yes, add that to the list of veggies never eaten! So hopefully I can find a nice low cal recipe for it and cook it up in the next couple of days! Anyone know any butternut squash recipes

Other than that, not much going on. Drinking my water and just finished my lunch, pretty boring now that we're home.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!! I'll catch ya later on!

Last edited by iDream; 09-01-2009 at 01:53 PM.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #82  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Hi everyone!

This month I am hoping to lose 10 pounds but I will try my best to get 14 pounds off and be below 200.
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #83  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Ok...I am officially joining in for September even if I know it's going to be a crazy month.
I am still trying to get used to this calorie counting thing which is not going very well since I keep forgetting to write what I eat.
I am going to go easy on myself for the month and my only goal (for now) will be to journal my food intake for every meal.

I have missed you all!
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

While I'm waiting to digest my lunch I thought I'd see how everyone was doing, can't do plyometrics on a full stomach, that's asking for it.

Delphi - Have you seen those night vision goggles in the special edition? I thought that was too awesome, and creepy all at the same time. That's sweet, but they brought in the big guns from Edmonton to head the investigation, lol, my dh is just happy to be a part of it, he gets all jacked up about stuff like this.

SG - Enjoy your last little bit of piece and quiet.

Urockmom - I think you may have just left around when I started but howdy!

Sandye - I must bottle it and sell it if I can figure out what it is, make me millions and retire.

Dandk - Sounds like a plan, and we'll cheer you on through all the hard work.

NSM - Glad you're back hun and that sounds like a marvelous goal, you do end up just naturally eating less that way anyway. Have you tried doing it the opposite way and planning what to eat the day before or the morning of and then doing it that way? I'm horrible at remembering afterwards too but if I plan it the day ahead I don't have the same issue, just a thought And missed you too!

Alrighty, my workout is calling, my dd is napping and it's mommy time! Hope everyone is doing their best on Day 1.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #85  

Hi Chickies!!!

Just getting a chance to post. Been a very busy day, we ended up starting school today instead of yesterday, I had too much prep left to do yesterday to start (for those that don't know we homeschool). I plum forgot to milk the goat I was so busy so I gotta go do that. Then hopefully I'm going to get on the treadmill.

Good news is that I started out the month with a .8 loss, I just hope it sticks. I finally got to add another 5lb loss smilie to my siggy!

Like your new username Sandye!

Hope you are all having a great day!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:59 PM   #86  

Height: 6'1

Today was our office manager's bday so his assistant made him 2 cakes and brought lots of cookies. We all went out to sing happy bday. Everyone is out there eating right now, and I just came back as they were starting to hand out cake. Its so hard because cake is one of my favorites. I believe it has its own section in my "fatty food pyramid". Oh well, atleast I won't be beating myself up later.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 167/157/140

Height: 5' 6.5"

Hi Guys

My SW is 160 lbs, my goal for the month is to lose 6 lbs.

I think this is quite enough considering I have a holiday in the middle of the month and a wedding to attend, wine always lets me down - so factoring in that i may just maintain that week.

But i am determined.

Good luck everyone!
HealthyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #88  

Heyyyyyyyyy girlssssss quickie post but I wanted to wish everyone a great first day.

Yayyyyyyyyy on our urockmom, NSM, and all of our returning chicks SO happy to see you all and also to all of our new gals I will be updating that list shortly.

TUmmygirl, lol,,,, ty chicky

catch you all soon......hugs girls. Catch you up on my news soon.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #89  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

UROCKMOM ~ back dear. How the **** are ya? Freakin' great to see you back. And hey, I definitely understand about the busy summer...just thrilled to see you back on board. And as always, you still rock darling.

Tummy ~ Oh my gosh I know...I came this close to buying that one, but just paid off my pre order of the regular edition ...my friend got the prestige edition ordered and I'm still trying to convince him that my house would be a much cooler place for those goggles.

Sandye ~ What cha know good sassy. Running a 5k..eh? Well you just do the darn thing then. Good for you..I'm so excited for you. I bet you are as well..eh?

Oh and NSM.... back! Missed ya girly!

Well, just returned from errands and then finished up dinner. Got hit on today by the digirno pizza guy at the grocery store. Oh that was great..the man smelled like cheese and garlic for crying out loud.. But at any rate, I'm rushing here..I'll try to catch up with the rest of you ladies in the morning. Peace out padawans!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #90  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tummy Girl View Post
Jacque - Look at you all maintaining and stuff, lol, great job btw!
Thank you...I hope I can keep it up....Sometimes I feel that it is easier to behave in the summer (less clothes) so I have been worried that I will go back to my old ways and start hibernating...and you know what that means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Girl View Post
jacque - I love your new picture! So cute!

Thanks...DBF and I were being ridiculous one night waiting for guests to arrive for dinner and he kept taking pics of me.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote