Old 07-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #1  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Default Just For Today Challenge, July 28

Have you been struggling to get on program, no matter which program you are trying to do? Why not sign in here just for today, and come back and show us how you did. Sign up with any goals you want to.

I have been struggling, some days eating as much as 60 points. I found last week when I started this challenge, that even though I still overate, I did much better, knowing I was going to be reporting it here.

Join me if you like. I will probably start this challenge daily for a while. If anyone beats me on here in the mornings, and it hasn't been started, feel free to start it. Believe me, I will follow this challenge no matter who starts it.

This has become a wonderful supportive group! (New thread started every day for a frest start!) Newbies to this thread always welcome!

I am thinking about my goals for today, I will be back.
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #2  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

I'll take you up on that JP!

I've been gone a while, but actually lost a few pounds since then. Back now with 15 to lose. I'm trying simply counting calories with a little calorie cycling thrown in. Today is an "1120 cal" day according to the calculator I found. Tomorrow I get an extra 200 cal!!!

We have an enclosed skywalk system that goes through the city I work in and I can get about 25 min walking in after lunch.

I'd like to get to goal by my 4th wedding anniversary, but will settle for 10lbs down by then--9/29/09.

spanky
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning All,

Welcome Spanky!

My goal for the day is stick to 2000 calories and no wine.

I am meeting my husband for lunch at the mexican restaurant. It is going to be tough but I have to figure a way to do it because I love mexican. Last week I skipped the chips and didn't finish everthing on the plate. I suppose eventually I may have to give up my weekly lunch but I am still under the impression (hopefully not false) that I can swing it.

Have a great day!

Last edited by TERAPET; 07-28-2009 at 10:21 AM.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #4  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Hello JazzyPeggy & Spanky,
Today I feel great! Thanks to no a "cereal and cracker day" (make that binge). Woke up hungry. Hehe...don't know when that happened last. Water is still an issue and today the city water is brown (power outage problem). But I will not use that as an excuse.

JazzyPeggy, Congrats on the walk yesterday. Good work!
Spanky, that skywalk sounds fabulous. Where did you find the calorie cycling calculator?
Terapet, you came in while I was writing. Didn't mean to miss you! I think you are doing a great job managing to eat out.

So today
No cereal or crackers.
Eat only when hungry and not past full.
Drink 100 oz water.

Wishing you all a day filled with success!

Last edited by inthemidst; 07-28-2009 at 02:20 PM.
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #5  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Spanky! Terapet, you and the mexican restaurant! lol Remember how great you did last week. Ash, hope you can get to some bottled water.

My goals for today

35 points or less
40 oz water
2 fruits
2 veges
exercise
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:16 AM   #6  

JP-I know, I know.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:26 AM   #7  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

inthemidst,

Here's the link for the calorie cycler thingie:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

spanks
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

Back after my day off, if you can call getting those jobs around the house done a day off.
Stayed on plan and I'm hopeing for at least a small loss when I get on the scales tomorrow.

Nicki
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #9  

I think I might have figured out a compromise for my mexican fix. I ordered a bigger lunch than usual and only ate half. I will eat the other half for dinner. I think it will work but I will definitely be short on the vegetables today. I will have to make up for it tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #10  
butterfly in progress

S/C/G: 235/152/145

Height: 5'5.5

Hi All!!

Haven't been here for a few days and the scale let me know that lol!!

My goals for the day:
Eat more veggies. I've been eating alot of fresh fruit, but skimping on the veggies
Walk at least 2 hours
Get a decent night sleep

Everyone have a GREAT day

Kathy
pebbles0916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #11  
my beautiful mess

Terapet, Nicki, Spanky, and JP,

Terapet Sorry I missed you before. Must have been on at the same time. (had to go change my original post - don't want to look unfriendly!) Great Job with the mexican food. Gosh it's a hard one. (I am still cleaning my plate - have to work on that.) But it sounds like you are mastering it.

Nicki Glad you got the housework done. I have that same gene. LOL And great job staying on plan.

Spanky Thanks for the link. Still don't eat that much. But now that I have the idea I will try it.

JP, Ran the water - It's clear now. Still haven't finished nearly enough. SO glad you start this thread everyday. Hope you are having a good one.

Everyone,
Ash
Old 07-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #12  

Spanky-I checked out your link also. Looks like an interesting website to explore. Thanks.

Ash-Thanks for the encouragment. I don't know the actual calories in this meal so hopefully I am not just fooling myself. Hope the crackers and cereal are not giving you a hard time today.

Pebbles-Glad you are back. I also do much better when I come to this daily site. Unfortunately, I need to really focus or I will return to bad habits very quickly.

Last edited by TERAPET; 07-28-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #13  

I'm done eating for the day. I believe I am under the 2000 calories and I got to eat mexican twice! No wine either.

I hope you all were successful today!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Default Did it

My goal for today was to eat clean and drink only water (and one cup of coffee in the morning).

Done! Cool. The longest of journeys start with one step. Today was my first step back on plan after being lost for a long time. Feels good to be proud of myself when night comes, as opposed to asking myself, why did you do that again today? Today, I can say, good for you for taking care of yourself today!

Hope everyone else had an "on" day. If not, tomorrow is a new step, which direction will your foot go...forward I hope, for us all!
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:52 PM   #15  
my beautiful mess

Hi Terapet, Nicki, Spanky, JP, Pebbles, and Stacy,

Hello!!! So glad y'all were here today. And I hope you all were successful. And as Stacy said "tomorrow is a new step!" Thank you Stacy!

So today was ok.
No cereal or crackers. Day 2!
Eat only when hungry and not past full.
Drink 100 oz water. NOPE

The water is going to be a real pain. BUT I am thirsty tonight.....have not felt that in a long time.

Catch you tomorrow.
Ash