3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   July Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/175508-july-weight-loss-challenge.html)

Late to the game 07-16-2009 08:40 AM

Good morning, ladies,

MYSTICAL Thanks for the encouragement :)

DELPHI Sorry your day wasn't all it should have been. :hug:Don't give up!:nono:

SUSIE Woo hoo on the 5 lbs!:carrot:

I am down 1.6, which is a darn good thing after yesterday! I did actually notice I am a little smaller-in my left wrist!:?: Now, my wrists have always been small, so a loss here is just not getting my all that excited! Better than a gain I guess. Hope you all have a wonderful day.:dancer:

Tummy Girl 07-16-2009 08:57 AM

Morning ladies,

Just a quick hello before we head off to the airport.:wave: Hope everyone has an awesome weekend and Delphi hang in there chickie, mine also looks something like this, 193, 192, 193, 193, 192. Grrrrr. So I ran today at 5:30 in the frickin morning instead of taking a day off just to show that butt who's boss. Now off to the shower and I'll swing around the stripper pole once for all of you...:devil:

iDream 07-16-2009 08:58 AM

Mom~ Hahaha! So is your left wrist the one you wear your watch on? I'm thinking that's how you noticed the shrinkage. ;) Congrats on the loss--it is absolutely better than a gain! Now get out there and have a great day!!! :)

iDream 07-16-2009 08:59 AM

Tummy~ Oooooh the stripper pole!! Now that sounds like a fun time! Have a great trip hun!!! :)

Delphi 07-16-2009 09:09 AM

Tummy ~ I knew it. Now I have flashdance stuck in my head. :lol: Enjoy the ride and have fun on your trip darling. We sure will miss ya.

Sandye ~ Groovy then. I really don't have much left, other than my laundry room, which by the way is outside attached to my carport. Laundry gets done about once a week in the winter time. But it is a mess, I really need to get it organized, but I want to get my room painted first. Definitely need that sexy feel if I'm gonna be "enjoying my 30's" in there. ;) Soon, I hope. You are so close to your goal Sandye, it's so exciting. :carrot:

LTTG ~ Hey any loss is better than a gain darling. You are doing great. I'm so proud of you for sticking with this.

Jacqui_D 07-16-2009 09:27 AM

July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland--MET GOAL!!; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: To be under 230 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart--MET GOAL!!; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs
Paisleyprincess: Lose 12 lbs to reach 235.1 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 11 lbs to reach 145 lbs
SoulMeetsBody: Drink 10 cups of water a day; try not to "pig out"; lose 4-5 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 10 lbs to reach 189 lbs
Jacque9999: Stay in the 120s
Petunia418: Lose 10 lbs
PaperSkin: Reach the 160s
Synesthetes: Lose 2 lbs
Splitsun: Lose 2 lbs; maintain and monitor calorie and fat intake; drink 2 more glasses of water daily; add more fresh fruits to diet

Jacqui_D 07-16-2009 09:36 AM

Delphi, I asked about it being your birthday and then my computer wouldn't cooperate enough to let me back in to wish you a happy birthday!! So
:bday2you::bday2you::bday2you::bday2you::bday2you: XOXOXO!!!

Ladies, my computer is really acting up. Yesterday it was a mess and I finally had to shut it down. It's not acting great this morning, so I'm not going to attempt personals. But I'm thinking of you! And for those of you with weapons, I am staying OP! :lol: I'll try to get on again later!

Ms Perception 07-16-2009 10:09 AM

Hey everyone! Top'o'the mornin' to ya! I'm feeling good today as I completed my first day of week 4 of C25K. TOM finally reared it's ugly head yesterday and the first day or two usually make for general unpleasantness if I'm on my feet too long. I looked at my C25K schedule and thought, "I don't know if my body will let me do this." But I did it and felt really good during and after! Yay! TOM brought with him almost a 1# drop, so I wasn't too upset about that either. :D Now I have rougly a pound and half to my July goal. Defintely doable even with my travels and b-day coming up.

Delphi-Sorry to hear about the stall and the not-so-exciting b-day. You've been doing the right things to get this far, but maybe you need to look into calorie cycling or temporarily increasing your cals to get things going again. I'm not a calorie counter, but I've heard good things. I've been there with the stalling and defintely know the frustration. Mine came about 3-4 months into my "journey" and was horribly frustrating, lasting for several weeks. I did make some changes and haven't hit another stall like that since, thank God. I know you'll do your research and find something that works. Just don't give up and settle for less than what you want! But you're Delphi...I know you won't do that. Take good care of yourself, chickie!

Jacqui-Sorry to hear your computer is being naughty to you. That's annoying. Glad you at least got on for a quick hello. Good girl for stying OP. How's that organizing going for your garage sale?

LTTG-I'm with Delphi and Sandye. Better a loss than a gain. Sometimes it comes off in weird places, but our bodies are making adjustments. You're progress WILL show up, so don't be discouraged.

Tummy- Hope you have a great time! I wasn't thinking Flashdance until Delphi mentioned it, but now that image is stuck in my head!

splitsun 07-16-2009 11:41 AM

susie, wow great job on those 5 lbs! That's awesome!

Thank you crazymama, I'm doing a 10 min abs workout in a moment, shower...then gym!

L R K 07-16-2009 01:48 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies :wave:

TOM is here ... so I am having a pretty craptacular day ... I feel bloated, crampy and cranky, just not myself :rollpin:

On a better note I am having a good OP day, drinking all my water and still going to the gym this afternoon which I am hoping will help with my "mood".

I hope everyone is having a good day, catch ya later.

Saramommy 07-16-2009 04:00 PM

Good news...I've lost one of my 5 pounds!! :dance:

I hope everyone is having a fabulous day!!!

P.S. I want to learn to pole dance!! ;)

Jacqui_D 07-16-2009 11:05 PM

Saramommy, where ya been?! :wave: Are you joining us for the July Challenge? I don't have you down yet. Is 5 lbs your goal? Let me know! Congrats on the 1 lb loss! :carrot:

Ms_P, the yard sale preparation is coming along okay. I've slowed down on it since I realized it had consumed me so thoroughly those first few days. I'm more into my usual routine now, except for my computer not allowing me to come online as much! I guess that frees me up to work on the yard sale, which I definitely need to do, so I'm getting at least a few boxes done each day! Thanks for asking! :)

mystical 07-16-2009 11:23 PM

Hello ladies just checking in tonight, I hope you all are doing well. I have been out on the road DH today and trying to get things finalized for our move next week.
My DH had an idea for a reward for me. He is going to buy me a bracelett and at the end of everymonth if I meet my goal I will get a charm. My goal every month my goal for me is 10 lbs that way every charm is worth 10 lbs.

Sorry I don't have time for personals I will check in tomorrow. Have a good night.

Delphi 07-17-2009 07:40 AM

Good Morning Ladies :wave:

Just stopping in to say hello and that I am still stalled sort of. I woke up late, because I knew I would be up late tonight. So gotta get to the work out and all that good jazz. I'll come back in a few and catch up. Remember those smiles today ladies and have a great day. :)

iDream 07-17-2009 09:14 AM

Good Morning and Happy Friday to you all!!! :carrot: Oh my word, I am so, so, so glad it's Friday!!!

Delphi~ :lol: Flashdance! Now that takes me back! ;) I'll totally wait for you girl! We're not exactly swimming in extra cash either, so I feel ya! :) You reminded me--my room is in dire need of new paint! It's currently this pretty shade of red, but, it makes our (already small) room, look smaller. Ya know, until we buy the paint and stuff, we could always busy ourselves with painting prep work! both of the rooms I need to paint could use a scrub down (the walls are kind of icky from the last people who lived here). Dear, I do believe you've hit a plateau! Dang things! I hope that it's over soon--but just keep on doing what you're doing and it'll pay off! Of course, you already know that don't you? :) You're my hero for toughing this out hun! :hug: Hope you have a fanfreakin'tabulous time tonight girlie! :D

Jacqui~ sorry to hear your computer is giving you issues! We miss you! Glad to hear the garage sale prep isn't all consuming anymore but that it's still getting done (wanna pass along some of that motivation to me? I've got a basement full of stuff that's got to go!). Keep up the great work and I hope your computer is fixed soon so that you can chat with us more! :D

MsP~ Woo hoo! You're truckin' right along with the C25K aren't ya? :carrot: Congrats on being so close to your July goal--it's in the BAG! I'm glad to hear that even though TOM was late, that he was kind enough to bring a loss with him--perhaps it's his way of saying 'sorry' for showing up late? ;) Hey, I just noticed you have fractions of pounds in your ticker--how'd you do that? Whenever I've tried it's rounded to the whole pound. Hmm...You're doing awesome! Just look how fast you're losing now that you're in the 150s!!! Yeehaw!! :cheer:

Splitsun
~ Hope you had a great workout yesterday!! :)

Lauren~ hey girlie, hope your workout helped improve your mood! Freakin' TOM and his grouchies! I swear, I'm almost ready to take cramps again over the dang mood swings!!! (and I used to have some insane cramps!) Hope you feel better today! :)

Saramommy~ :carrot: woo hoo on the loss! Keep up the great work!

Mystical~ oooh, now jewelry is a reward I could get excited about! :D See, you're so good, if it were me, I'd be shooting for a 5 lb a month goal so I could get more charms! ;) :lol: Can't wait to see your bracelet (you will be posting pics right?) and all of the charms to come!! :)

Man oh man am I ever glad the week is over! It has been a looooong week full of whining and crying and fighting (the boys) and I'm worn out! I've been dragging the kids to the grocery store just to get out of the house and break up the mayhem! Of course, it's backfired a couple of times. ;)

Down another pound today! :dance: I've been really trying to eat more fruits and veggies and I have been off the crack (aka: Microwave Lunches ;)) for 13 days now--and I think that's helped kick up my loss again.

I'm beginning to try to figure out August Goals already--anyone else? Since I am almost done with the HIIT program, I'm trying to figure out what my cardio will be. Plus, I'm also trying to think of ways to revamp my diet to include more whole foods vs. pre-prepped/convenience foods (I'm so lame in the kitchen!) as well as adding more healthy fats into the mix. Not to mention I'm trying to think of ways to make just one meal every night instead of two. As it is, the kids don't think my veggies are very appetizing and hubby still likes his starchy/carby sides...sigh...who knew that to eat healthier I'd end up having to be a short order cook? :lol:

Well ladies, I hope you all have a fantastic day! I'm off to look for that cookbook by Jerry Seinfeld's wife...I can't remember her name or the name of her book--but it's got recipes with hidden veggies and such. :)

Be good to yourselves today ladies and be sure to...

Drink Your Water!
:D