3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Sexy by Labor Day 2009 Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/171582-sexy-labor-day-2009-challenge.html)

blueridgegirl 07-06-2009 02:22 PM

Greetings from Boston, everybody! Great to hear everyone's reports. I can't write long but did want to share my good news that I am down a pound, at 211.5 I am close to kissing the 210s away and ready to do it! As I planned, went to the grocery store yesterday and bought some things to supplement what I brought from home, and just had a turkey sandwich for lunch. Feeling good about staying on track while I'm here. I'll catch up more later - gotta go meet w/ my advisor.

Have a great week, ladies!

dancerindenver 07-06-2009 02:24 PM

Good job, Blueridge! You can do it!

kpme 07-06-2009 07:47 PM

Psyched to be back in the 160s...

Hi ladies,

Congrats on all of this week's accomplishments! I am pleased to report that I'm back in the 160s. Yesterday's day hike turned into an 8.25 mile hike...an eager friend took control of the planning. It was a good day and I was pushed by stronger hikers. Needless to say I decided to go for a more recovery-minded bike ride after work instead of the Monday weight lifting class that I have been doing.

I am pleased with my slow and steady progress but am hoping to ratchet things up a bit this week and be able to pull a 1.5 or 2 lb loss. Wish me luck! It's going to be a busy week but with some good focus and discipline I think I can do it!

Kp

onestar 07-06-2009 08:50 PM

this past week has been crazy for me. my daughter is about to be 2 in august and man, she is really giving me a run for my money. she is just so hard to please and well, i'm sure a lot of you know. i know it's a stage and she'll grow out of it, but it is definitely going to take some getting used to. her good moments are sooooo good but then her bad moments are sooooo bad. somehow, i have managed to stick to my eating and exercising plan and the numbers on the scale continue to go down. i am having one prob though- nothing seems appetizing to me. i'm hungry and i want to eat but nothing sounds good. not even "bad" food. i've been eating though, but not enjoying it. lately i just like cold water. maybe b/c it's 100+ degrees here in houston most days this summer. i see that everyone is moving toward their goal, and that gives me hope that we can accomplish our goals. lets keep up the good work.

blueridge- have fun in boston. wish i could travel somewhere!

June 15: 180.4
June 22: 179.8
June 29: 176.4
July 6: 175.4
July 13:
July 20:
July 27:
Aug 3:
Aug 10:
Aug 17:
Aug 24:
Aug 31:

LABOR DAY SEPT. 7:

leantoinette 07-06-2009 10:35 PM

Hi Everyone!

Hope all you ladies are doing well on the challenge, its crazy how close labor day feels now! I weighed in this morning at 132.5, which is about a 2lb loss since my last weigh in. I am still doing the Jenny Craig program, and the weight is coming of a little at a time, but I'm in it for the long run!

My mini goal is to hit 126-127 by August 1st, becuase I will be visiting family in NY and would love to go on a mini shopping excursion beforehand ;)

I hope everyone has a fabulous, healthy week ahead!

dancerindenver 07-07-2009 09:04 AM

kpme - congrats on being in the 60s! And wow, what a hike!

Onestar - woohoo! Those numbers keep dropping! I know what you mean on the nothing tastes good front - I was having that a couple of weeks ago. I found that crystal light popsicles really made me happy then - might be worth a try...

leantoinette - Two more pounds? That's great - good for you!

blueridgegirl 07-07-2009 02:01 PM

Onestar - when it's super hot I don't have much of an appetite either. I tend to go for water with lemon, lots of chilled gazpacho, smoothies with ice - foods to help me cool off, and luckily they are all healthy! And doesn't chasing a 2 year old around count as exercise.

KP - glad to hear your good news, sounds like you are working hard.

leantoinette - good to hear from you, glad to hear of your progress

I had 2 NSVs yesterday - I met up with a friend in Boston who really wanted to take me out, so we want to Dunkin Donuts (it is boston after all, and there is one on every corner...lol) but I wasn't hungry so even though she said, "oh let me get you a donut, or a sandwich" I just went with a bottle of flavored water. And for dinner last night, I made a box of annie's organic mac and cheese and some veggies. So, there are 2.5 servings per box and usually I end up making it and eating the whole box, but yesterday as soon as I made it I put half of it in a bowl and into the fridge, and then ate the other half. I think that is a first for me - having the discipline not to eat it just because it is there.

It's rainy today but hoping it will clear up so I can take a long walk in the afternoon down to coolidge corner. Got to run to class.

TakingCharge 07-07-2009 03:02 PM

Wow, great week everyone! So nice to see that we're all still in this together. 7 weeks left - keep up the good work!!

blueridge - Awesome nsvs. Way to go! :carrot:

Fat Pants 07-07-2009 03:57 PM

Hey everyone!!! I'm back from Cancun and Playa del Carmen! It was absolutely lovely, though very humid, but hey we were near the beach! The local food was PHENOMENAL, very simple and fresh. My camera got stolen, though, so I'm sooo bummed that I don't have any photos from the trip. :(

I'm happy to report I didn't gain any weight while on vacation, which was my goal. So yay for that! :woohoo:

I got to run at sea level... let me just say, I'm am amazing runner at sea level..hahaha. My first run back yesterday felt like my lungs were going to pop at 6,000 ft LOL. Hopefully today will be better. My first race is just under 9 weeks so I've really got to push myself from now until then! I also set my first 14'er climb date (August 15th) so I have a lot of hard and heavy hikes coming up during the weekends. This coming weekend I'll be on the back of Pikes Peak going up to 13,000 ft, so it should be good training. I'm excited!

blueridgegirl, way to go on the discipline! You rock! Isn't it kind of a strange concept to eat normal portions? I think for my whole life, my perception of what is "normal" to eat (until I'm full and sick...and then eat some more) has been screwy.

onestar, way to go on the weight loss! You will be at your goal in no time!

kpme, the 160s! I'm so jealous! I can't wait to get into the 160s!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

blueridgegirl 07-07-2009 09:39 PM

fatpants - great to hear from you and hear that you had a great time AND that you maintained weight loss while you were gone. That is a great success. Bummer about the camera though.

So the rain cleared up here and I walked from my dorm down to coolidge corner and back, which is like over seven miles round trip, and I was walking pretty quickly. So different than my afternoon or evening strolls among my beloved blue ridge mountains being on beacon street, but a fun change of pace. I can feel it in my legs and it's great - gives me energy for all the reading I have ahead of me for my class. I am going to try the bike ride from cambridge to lexington that someone recommended on the thread, too.

Also, I've found a dance studio in cambridge that offers lots of drop in dance classes for pretty cheap so I'm hopefully going to take some classes there. Dancer - I've been meaning to ask - what kind of dance do you do?

judydc 07-07-2009 09:40 PM

I've had an okay day, foodwise. I've been on program except for too many multigrain chips. At least they were the Food Should Taste Good brand, sowere 'healthy'--but too many carbs. So I went without an afternoon snack, and will probably forgo dessert (normally a smoothie, or fruit and cottage cheese).

Dancer, are you ready for my salmon salad recipe? It's really complicated ;), but here goes: Rinse and drain a can of kidney beans, and mix them with a can of red salmon and a bit of chopped scallions, flat-leaf parsley and vinaigrette.

Sounds like everyone's doing great!

judy

kpme 07-08-2009 06:48 AM

Morning

Hi girls,

Just thought I'd give a quick hello this morning. It is POURING again in Maine today and tomorrow. I am really hoping for a break in the weather this weekend.

Great to see some of you back on the thread - sounds like there are many NSV to celebrate.

Dancer - I have a salmon recipe from South Beach Diet that I love (I used to do SBD a while ago. Learned a lot of good lessons but learned that I need a less restrictive plan.) It's a really simple marinade with lime and Chinese five-star spice. Super yummy. Do you have those cookbooks?

Blue, sounds like you are in a nice spot in Boston. I love coolidge corner - and there is a Trader Joe's there, which is handy! And I love your Dunkin Donuts NSV. I'm thinking of this whole experience as a one-decision-at-a-time solution so it's great that you're taking time to recognize and celebrate those good decisions!

Have a good hump day everyone!
kp

dancerindenver 07-08-2009 09:25 AM

Blueridge - Glad you're settling in in Boston! My username is one I set up a few years back for another site when I was dancing all the time but I don't do it as much anymore. I like the latin dances (salsa, cha-cha, merengue, cumbia), some ballroom, country, cajun/zydeco, all kinds of stuff but I especially enjoy belly dancing. What kind of classes are you looking at taking?

Fatpants - way to go not gaining on vacation!

Judydc -thanks for the recipe - I may try that with leftover broiled salmon - do you think it would work?

kpme - I don't have the cookbook but I'll see if I can borrow it - the recipe you mentioned sounds great.

Have a great day, all!

judydc 07-08-2009 10:17 PM

It's late, so just a quick check-in. I made it to the gym this morning, not early enough for a 6 AM class, but in plenty of time to a long cardio workout :woops: I ate on program today, and just finished making the popsicles for the staff picnic. I made tropical fruit ones and Mexican chocolate ones. They're gonna be yummy, and relatively healthy, too!

Dancer, your broiled salmon will be even bette than canned salmon, go for it!

Hey, it's almost the end of the week! I hope that everyone has a great day.

judy

TakingCharge 07-09-2009 01:57 AM

Hey girls. Also just checking in today. Weighed in at my lowest yet...136.6, but actually felt kind of gross today. It was my first "fat" day in at least a month and was kind of upsetting. Not sure what's going on. I know even the thinnest people have issues with their bodies, but it's so nice feeling confident and happy in your own skin that it just shocked me to go back to feeling kind of crappy about myself, like I did before.

My workouts have been great lately, but I'm still kind of struggling with the food issue. It's funny, I went to a mid-day cocktail hour today with TONS of yummy looking snacks, but I just had a glass of white wine and waited until I got home to eat dinner. So it's not like I have a problem eating crap, but then I got home and had a big salad, 2 (yes, 2!) peaches in a row, an orange and a 100 cal pack. I made it just under 1500 calories (my upper limit), but that's a LOT of food for after 7pm! What's going on with me??

Maybe I should just plan a week of 1500 calories every day instead of planning for 1200 and then feeling bad for going over. Can I really gain weight at 1500 cals a day? I wouldn't mind maintaining I guess, but not gaining! Why is this so frustrating sometimes?

Ok, sorry for the rant. I figured you girls would understand, so thanks a lot for listening!