Old 05-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #121  

Hi girls , Happy Friday Congratulations on a great first week . Delphi, I think that's good you scheduled a day off to let your muscles rest. I have been meaning to ask you, is the DDR fun? I have wii and have heard some of the girls using it. I may get it in the fall for more variety.
Awesome shedules ladies. We already got one week under our belts this month, onto our new week we go! Thanks for all of the inspiration and support girls Let's keep it going. Chat soon : )

5/1 -62 min. (45 min. wii aer., 17 min. u.b.s.t-upper bod strength training).
5/2 -20 min. walk
5/3 -20 min. wii aer.
5/4 -75 min. ( 45 min. walk, 30 min. wii aer.)
5/5 -40 min. (20 min. wii aer., 20 min. u.b.s.t) many hrs. spring cleaning.
5/6 -40 min. (walk, out w/DH)
5/7 -45 min. (wii aer.)
Total: 302 minutes
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

May 1st -0
May 2nd-75 minutes step class
May 3rd-75 minutes step class
May 4th-60 min class; 60 min Yoga class
May 5th-60 min body sculpt class
May 6th-60 min Zumba; 60 min Yoga
May 7th-60 min step class

Yeah it is Friday! I feel so energetic in the morning. I wish I was that way in the evening. Hopefully this weekend is when I get my act together. I need to get my house clean and plan the graduation party (nothing like waiting until the last minute) and commit to some stupid tile for the floor. It is so expensive! The good part is if I get all that done I won't need to worry about it anymore. Duh!!!

It looks like we are are doing great for the first week. I enjoy reading the diffent workouts.

Jacqui-Thanks for the How are you liking the strength training. You use machines right? I did that a number of years ago. It is fun to see the improvement over time. Plus, I am really a weakling if I don't formally work out. Probably due to my desk job and my penchant for reading and watching TV.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default May Exercise Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Exercise goals are in this list. Weight loss goals are in the sister thread--May Weight Loss Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Complete 1200 minutes
Jacqui_D: Strength train three times a week; walk 30 min every day
CakeBatter: Run 44 miles; finish 5K race in under 36:00; do Push-up Challenge (thru wk 4); do 30 consecutive PU / EOMo; 20/20/20/20 (twice/wk)
Tammyjo: Exercise at least 4 times a week
Jacque9999: Stick with exercise program set up with workout buddy; make sure daughter starts (and sticks with) boot camp starting May 19th
Shrinkingleah: Train (gym) twice a week; walk one mile or eliptical 30-45 min three days a week
Rowenna: Keep up current exercise regimen
Hattie: Try to keep healing the nerve and start exercising again
BellaEllaEllAaa: Exercise everyday--cardio at least 30 min, weights and toning 3x a week
Mikayla: Strength train 3 days a week; exercise at least 60 min a day, 5 days a week
Getlost: Complete 30DS; exercise 30 min every day; walk whenever possible; try to buy exercise equipment
Lene1974: Exercise 800 minutes
Icandoallthings6613: Do 65 total miles, 40+ running; recommit to weight lifting and 100 push-up challenge; do 25 consecutive push-ups; run 2 10k's
Econ_nerd: Get some exercise in each and every day; be accountable in this thread
Adaem: Use the treadmill at least 3 times a week; use WII Fit at least 2 times a week
SuperChix: Breawna: Exercise for an hour every day; Jodi: Start exercising
Wifey: Go to the gym at least 3 times per week for a 60-minute workout for 720 total minutes; walk the dog everyday starting May 4 for 840 total minutes
StarryNights110: Strength train weekdays; ride 60 min on stationary bike everyday
Fressca: Do cardio 30 min 4x per week
Lewisempire: Complete 50 miles of walking/hiking/nordic track; do weight training for 20 min, 3 times a week
JasonsLea: Start the 100 Push-up and 200 Squats Challenge
Newshinyme: Work out at least 4 times a week for 30-45 min with a mix of cardio and strength training, for a total of 510 minutes
Skinnygurlinside: Start the Couch 2 5k program; keep using wii fit and kicking husband's butt!; (possibly start trying to use the firm workout dvd's)
Mcrunner: Exercise 4 days per week; work back up to 4 mile runs; do 2 weight workouts per week
MrsHomeStretch: Exercise at least 6 days a week
Delphi: Use treadmill for at least 30 min every other day
Canadianangel: Exercise 1 hour a day
Crazymamaof4: Do cardio daily; strength train at least 4 times a week
Scaleskl: Continue doing karate 2-3 times per week
Fenderella: Exercise at least 3 times every week
Colebear: Start Power 90 and complete workouts 6 days a week; attend company fitness classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Sotypical: Exercise regularly
Iliketalldorks: Walk Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in prep for C25K; do abs and/or leg work on Tuesdays and Thursdays; walk leisurely on Saturdays (Sundays optional)
Terapet: Complete 1800 minutes
E.mccoy: Walk for 30 minutes after dinner
Strawberryeyes: Do 30 min of exercise daily
Ms_Perception: Exercise 6 days per week
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #124  

Happy Brand New Week of May ladies!! You ROCKED the first week!! Keep it up!! Woohoo!!!

Terapet, I am loving the strength training! Thanks for asking! Yes, I use the machines, and I have a regular little routine with them now, alternating between leg, arm, waist, chest, and back ones. I've figured out how much weight I'm good with right now and I do 5 sets of 8 reps with each. As it get easier with the weights I'm using now, I'll test at the higher weights. The lowest weight I use now is for a machine that is for the chest in which you bring your elbows together. I cannot do more than 10 lbs with that right now, which is unfortunate since the chest is where I seem to be losing a lot of weight and I could use the help, lol! The most weight I am doing right now is 80 lbs on a leg press machine. Overall, I really am enjoying the strength training and I never thought I would because I thought I didn't like to sweat, lol! I have found it feels really good and makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something!

Delphi, I think that's a smart move! Good for you in recognizing what is best for your body. Isn't that the lesson of balance we're all trying to learn?!

Hi Lewis, Joci, FSA! You girls are doing great!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #125  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Happy Friday Chickies! I did NOT surpass my goal for week one, which I hoped to do, but I did at least meet it. And so.... on to week 2.

Week beginning May 1:

May 1: Spin class (45 mins)
May 2: Treadmill (30 mins HIIT)
May 3: Treadmill (30 mins HIIT)
May 5: Spin class (30 mins)

Week beginning May 8:

May 8: Spin class (45 mins)
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #126  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSteamAhead View Post
Delphi, I think that's good you scheduled a day off to let your muscles rest. I have been meaning to ask you, is the DDR fun? I have wii and have heard some of the girls using it. I may get it in the fall for more variety.
Well at my size DDR can be quite challenging especially when you get past the basic steps. But I simply do the basic steps and that is enough to get my heart pumping and me sweating. I have it for the 360 so I don't know if the port for the Wii is any different then the one for the xbox though. Is it fun? Sure it is, but not something that I would daily, but to add something different to your routine, I think it would be great.

I should be getting a Wii in July and I am totally stoked!! By that time I'm gonna need a little variety in my routine as well...plus the online for the Wii is free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post

Delphi, I think that's a smart move! Good for you in recognizing what is best for your body. Isn't that the lesson of balance we're all trying to learn?!
You are most certainly correct and I'm glad I'm finally finding it. You're doing great on your exercise..I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it as well, that definitely helps tremendously.

Last edited by Delphi; 05-08-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #127  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

5/1 =2 miles nordic track!
5/2- lower body w.o. (1of 3)
5/3- 1 mile walking
5/4- 3.6 miles on Nordic track and upper body wts (2 of 3)
5/5- mostly house work
5/6- 3miles walking
5/7 1 mile walking upper boddy weights (3 of 3)
Total week #1--- 10.6 miles and 3 days wt training!

Week #2
5/8- 2.6 miles nordic track- (45 min)
5/9
5/10
5/11
5/12
5/13
5/14
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #128  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I've decided to keep track for now, I'm just putting a check mark in my planner for each day I've exercised. I'm 7/8 right now. Keep up the good work all!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

235/800

May 1st 23min interval training on ellip, 100 crunches/30 push-ups 30min
May 2nd 60 minute walk, 100 crunches 67 min
May 3rd 20 min interval on ellip, 100 crunches, and strength training 35 min
May 4th off
May 5th 35 min ellip, 15 min bike 50 min total
May 6th off
May 7th 30 min ellip, 23 bike 53 min total

May 8th
May 9th
May 10th
May 11th
May 12th
May 13th
May 14th

May 15th
May 16th
May 17th
May 18th
May 19th
May 20th
May 21th

May 22th
May 23th
May 24th
May 25th
May 26th
May 27th
May 28th

May 29th
May 30th
May 31th
lene1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #130  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

I need a kick in the butt!!
On Wed. I only walked for about 25 min. and yesterday I could not get myself together to do anything. I am feeling blah because of TOM, but that's not a good enough excuse.
I will count my weeks from Mon-Sun, so I still have a couple of days to make up for yesterday, but only if I actually get my butt moving!
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Wow! We're already into week 2?! How'd that happen so fast?

Congrats to everyone! You're doing awesome! Keep up the fantastic work and keep moving!!!

May 1st - 30 Day Shred
May 2nd - Strength Training Lower Body & Abs, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 3rd - 30 Day Shred
May 4th - Strength Training Upper Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 5th - 8 Min Abs, 30 Day Shred
May 6th - Strength Training Lower Body, 30 Mins Abs
May 7th - 8 Min Abs, 30 Day Shred
End of Week One

May 8th - Strength Training Upper Body, 30 Mins Treadmill *updated*

I made my goal for the first week! I am so glad to have joined you ladies! Seeing your exercise updates is really inspiring and it's nice to have someone to be accountable to, kwim?

Here's to a fantastic first week ladies! Let's keep up the great work and meet week two with the same (if not more) gusto!!

Last edited by iDream; 05-08-2009 at 09:22 PM.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #132  

Okay, NewShinyMe, c'mon girl!! We all have to go through TOM, and we can't use that as an excuse for days on end, so get yourself in gear and get to exercising! Your 25 minutes of walking was good! Yesterday, hmm, not so much, lol! But like you said, if you are counting Mon-Sun, you have today, tomorrow, and Sunday to get the equivalent of this week's minutes in! At the end of the month, I put MET GOAL!! next to everyone's name on the list who met their monthly goal!! That's not always possible for the weight loss list, but in this list, it's totally within your control! And we want to see MET GOAL!! next to your name!!! So GET MOVING, girl!! Got it?!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-08-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
Okay, NewShinyMe, c'mon girl!! We all have to go through TOM, and we can't use that as an excuse for days on end, so get yourself in gear and get to exercising! Your 25 minutes of walking was good! Yesterday, hmm, not so much, lol! But like you said, if you are counting Mon-Sun, you have today, tomorrow, and Sunday to get the equivalent of this week's minutes in! At the end of the month, I put MET GOAL!! next to everyone's name on the list who met their monthly goal!! That's not always possible for the weight loss list, but in this list, it's totally within your control! And we want to see MET GOAL!! next to your name!!! So GET MOVING, girl!! Got it?!
Gotta love some tough love!

Ditto what Jacqui said, this is totally in your hands--how many things can you say you have this much control over? I know TOM is a pita, but I KNOW you can muster up the energy to get some exercising in! Plus, exercising helps to alleviate cramps...well, so they say anyway. Come on, you can do this!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #134  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks girls! You are the best!
I am promising I will have done my exercise by the end of the day today! And I will come and update.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #135  

That a girl! I'll be checkin' back to see your update!