Old 05-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
FSA, I know, lol! That red "Met Goal!!" is like a getting a gold star on your paper when you were a school kid!

CMof4, I've made the change in your strength training goal!! Yes, 4 times a week is a little much for strength training!!

Delphi, I think taking a day off each week is a great idea! I considered that for this month when I was making my exercise goal, but I was not secure enough in my commitment to exercise yet to trust myself, so I decided against it. I know I can control my "all-or-nothing" thinking when I am truly committed to something, but since I am relatively new to regular exercise, I think the more exercise I do right now, the more committed I'll feel toward it, and eventually I'll feel safe enough to take a day off each week, knowing I'll return to it without a problem. So, maybe next month...or maybe not, lol!! We'll see!
Thanks for changing it for me!
I totally know what you mean about not being ready to take days off yet. I was just telling my hubby that I've never worked out regularly in my life (unless you count the one semester of aerobics I took in college that was 3X a week ) and it's amazing how quickly it's become the 'norm' for me now. However, I'm not ready to start giving myself days off just yet--I just have a feeling that if I started doing that this early into my weight loss/exercise journey that I'd start finding excuses to give myself more than one day off So, for now anyway, I'll just keep plugging along...
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #152  

Hey girls , popped in to see what's going on. Jaqui, yeah it is like getting the star! lol. It's great! Delphi, for the clothes I put 4lbs. Well, the very first night I went on it (DH made me) I had TOM, it was blessed night time...andddd I was fully clothed! Boy was I miserable that night and actually cried when the wii made me grow! lol. Anyways, I just kept it the same...even though i go on it buck naked now I know , I know....TMI lol. CLothes can weigh a lot, jeans are heavy. Just pick a number and stick with that. You know something? Even though I put that my clothes weigh 4 lbs. on the wii, it is STILL 3lbs. greater than the other scale I have (not digital and very flaky scale, hard to tell what's going on on that scale). Crazymamaof4 I have never done that either as I work out at home or outdoors. Let us know how you like it and what it's like okay? Night everyone, I need to do some good working out the rest of the week to keep up with my minutes so the first thing on my agenda tomorrow is my workouts. Keep up the great work everyone
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:54 AM   #153  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Fullsteamahead ~ @ TMI! You just made my morning! And, yeah it says I weigh two pounds more than my scale does as well. I think I'll just stick with what I entered and go from there.

Ok and for daily progress...will update later in case I want to get jiggy with the Wii today.

May 2--30 minutes on the treadmill and walked over a mile. Ya!!!
May 3--10 minute power walk on the treadmill and about an hour of playing Lips (which essentially is karaoke and lots of dancing)
May 4--20 minutes on the treadmill and weight training
May 5--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill [weight training 20 reps each]
May 6--30 minutes on the treadmill [20 reps w/magic circle] [weight training-triceps]
May 7--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill
May 8--Scheduled day off
May 9--30 minutes on treadmill [20 minutes Wii Fit] [45 minutes Wii Tennis]
May 10--31 minutes uphill on treadmill [45 minutes Wii Tennis] [Weight training-20 reps each]

Last edited by Delphi; 05-10-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default May Exercise Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Exercise goals are in this list. Weight loss goals are in the sister thread--May Weight Loss Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Complete 1200 minutes
Jacqui_D: Strength train three times a week; walk 30 min every day
CakeBatter: Run 44 miles; finish 5K race in under 36:00; do Push-up Challenge (thru wk 4); do 30 consecutive PU / EOMo; 20/20/20/20 (twice/wk)
Tammyjo: Exercise at least 4 times a week
Jacque9999: Stick with exercise program set up with workout buddy; make sure daughter starts (and sticks with) boot camp starting May 19th
Shrinkingleah: Train (gym) twice a week; walk one mile or eliptical 30-45 min three days a week
Rowenna: Keep up current exercise regimen
Hattie: Try to keep healing the nerve and start exercising again
BellaEllaEllAaa: Exercise everyday--cardio at least 30 min, weights and toning 3x a week
Mikayla: Strength train 3 days a week; exercise at least 60 min a day, 5 days a week
Getlost: Complete 30DS; exercise 30 min every day; walk whenever possible; try to buy exercise equipment
Lene1974: Exercise 800 minutes
Icandoallthings6613: Do 65 total miles, 40+ running; recommit to weight lifting and 100 push-up challenge; do 25 consecutive push-ups; run 2 10k's
Econ_nerd: Get some exercise in each and every day; be accountable in this thread
Adaem: Use the treadmill at least 3 times a week; use WII Fit at least 2 times a week
SuperChix: Breawna: Exercise for an hour every day; Jodi: Start exercising
Wifey: Go to the gym at least 3 times per week for a 60-minute workout for 720 total minutes; walk the dog everyday starting May 4 for 840 total minutes
StarryNights110: Strength train weekdays; ride 60 min on stationary bike everyday
Fressca: Do cardio 30 min 4x per week
Lewisempire: Complete 50 miles of walking/hiking/nordic track; do weight training for 20 min, 3 times a week
JasonsLea: Start the 100 Push-up and 200 Squats Challenge
Newshinyme: Work out at least 4 times a week for 30-45 min with a mix of cardio and strength training, for a total of 510 minutes
Skinnygurlinside: Start the Couch 2 5k program; keep using wii fit and kicking husband's butt!; (possibly start trying to use the firm workout dvd's)
Mcrunner: Exercise 4 days per week; work back up to 4 mile runs; do 2 weight workouts per week
MrsHomeStretch: Exercise at least 6 days a week
Delphi: Use treadmill for at least 30 min every other day
Canadianangel: Exercise 1 hour a day
Crazymamaof4: Do cardio daily; strength train at least 3 times a week
Scaleskl: Continue doing karate 2-3 times per week
Fenderella: Exercise at least 3 times every week
Colebear: Start Power 90 and complete workouts 6 days a week; attend company fitness classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Sotypical: Exercise regularly
Iliketalldorks: Walk Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in prep for C25K; do abs and/or leg work on Tuesdays and Thursdays; walk leisurely on Saturdays (Sundays optional)
Terapet: Complete 1800 minutes
E.mccoy: Walk for 30 minutes after dinner
Strawberryeyes: Do 30 min of exercise daily
Ms_Perception: Exercise 6 days per week
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #155  

O...M...G...Spin class is HARD!!! I couldn't do the whole standing up sitting down thing--so I just did the increases and rode that way for the whole class. Now my knees are in agony and various parts of my pevic region are very, very mad at me for sitting on that bicycle seat for 45 mins! Yeeouch! (sorry if that's TMI ) Kudos to you ladies who can manage a spin class without whimping out like me. I just don't think I'm ready for that just yet. I knew my legs were out of shape, but holy cow...

I've realized that I need to amp up my treadmill though, I am capable of working harder. Thankfully though, I don't have to test that theory tonight...my cardio is done for the day! LOL

Okay ladies, gotta run, but have a wonderful Sunday and Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms out there!
Old 05-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

May 1st -0
May 2nd-75 minutes step class
May 3rd-75 minutes step class
May 4th-60 min class; 60 min Yoga class
May 5th-60 min body sculpt class
May 6th-60 min Zumba; 60 min Yoga
May 7th-60 min step class

May 8th-30 mins treadmill (4.4)
May 9th-75 mins step class

I was really happy about the 30 minute jog on the treadmill. It was relatively easy which is a great improvement for me. There was a period three years ago when I would run everyday. I loved it and I lost some very stubborn pounds. But then I got busy and had to stop and have not been able to accomplish much running wise since. I think the step classes have really helped me build up my endurance.

CMof4-Congrats on trying the spin class. I have alway meant to try one. Does a newbie need instruction to use the bike? Can you just show up and figure it out? I enjoy riding my bike outdoors though. I have been there with the sore knees and hiney. It gets better.

Delphi-Don't feel bad about taking a day off. I aim to exercise everyday because I really like to exercise and I love the benefits. (and I have said a million times-I love routine )

Last edited by TERAPET; 05-10-2009 at 11:38 AM.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #157  
There is no spoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERAPET View Post

Delphi-Don't feel bad about taking a day off. I aim to exercise everyday because I really like to exercise and I love the benefits. (and I have said a million times-I love routine )
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm hopeful that as my body gets used to the exercise that I don't have to take the day off. Since I'm still in the beginning of this "removal process" my body is trying to play catch up. I'm with you, three cheers for routine.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #158  

Delphi, I'm just the opposite! I'm hopeful that as my mind gets used to the exercise that I will be able to take a day off! I'd really like to have Sundays off. I think about that every Sunday. I might have to get daring and take Sundays off next month!

Terapet, hi chickie! Your exercise is looking good! Great job on the 30-minute jog, woohoo!

CMof4, that's a great way of looking at the difficulty of the spin class--at least now you have an idea of how much more you are capable of doing on your treadmill!

Woohoo!! FSA, buck naked exercise, lol!! Funny, I don't remember typing that as part of your goal!

May 1--Strength trained! Walked! May 2--Walked! May 3--Walked! May 4--Strength trained! Walked! May 5--Walked! May 6--Walked! May 7--Strength trained! Walked! WEEK 1--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 8--Walked! May 9--Strength trained! Walked! May 10--Walked!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #159  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

HI girls!!!

5/1 =2 miles nordic track!
5/2- lower body w.o. (1of 3)
5/3- 1 mile walking
5/4- 3.6 miles on Nordic track and upper body wts (2 of 3)
5/5- mostly house work
5/6- 3miles walking
5/7 1 mile walking upper boddy weights (3 of 3)
Total week #1--- 10.6 miles and 3 days wt training!

Week #2
5/8- 2.6 miles nordic track- (45 min)
5/9- 3.2 miles nordic track (45 min ( HIT) 1 mile walk with pup!
5/10 - 4 miles nordic track (57 min (HIT) 3 miles walk with pup, weed garden
5/11
5/12
5/13
5/14

Jaqui-D- go, girl GO! Didn't I once read You were not an exerciser?? I must have been wrong...Way to work it! Keep up the great work!

Terapet-I understand you completely! I used to workout a bunch, and life ran me over too! Glad you found your way back!

Crazymamaof4- I DO NOT envy the pain you must be feeling by now.....Bless your little bottom!!!!!!

Fullsteamahead-you WILD thing you!!!

Delphi- I am so glad you like your Birthday Gift! I wish I had one!!!!

See you all on the other thread!!!! Keep on Rocking It!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

345/800

May 1st 23min interval training on ellip, 100 crunches/30 push-ups 30min
May 2nd 60 minute walk, 100 crunches 67 min
May 3rd 20 min interval on ellip, 100 crunches, and strength training 35 min
May 4th off
May 5th 35 min ellip, 15 min bike 50 min total
May 6th off
May 7th 30 min ellip, 23 bike 53 min total

May 8th 25 ellip, 17 bike 43min total
May 9th off
May 10th 27 min bike 27total
May 11th 40 min ellip
May 12th
May 13th
May 14th

May 15th
May 16th
May 17th
May 18th
May 19th
May 20th
May 21th

May 22th
May 23th
May 24th
May 25th
May 26th
May 27th
May 28th

May 29th
May 30th
May 31th

Last edited by lene1974; 05-11-2009 at 07:34 PM.
lene1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:47 AM   #161  
There is no spoon!

TOM is kicking my butt, but I'm not down yet. Daily progress is as follows, will update throughout the day.

May 2--30 minutes on the treadmill and walked over a mile. Ya!!!
May 3--10 minute power walk on the treadmill and about an hour of playing Lips (which essentially is karaoke and lots of dancing)
May 4--20 minutes on the treadmill and weight training
May 5--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill [weight training 20 reps each]
May 6--30 minutes on the treadmill [20 reps w/magic circle] [weight training-triceps]
May 7--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill
May 8--Scheduled day off
May 9--30 minutes on treadmill [20 minutes Wii Fit] [45 minutes Wii Tennis]
May 10--31 minutes uphill on treadmill [45 minutes Wii Tennis] [Weight training-20 reps each]
May 11--35 minutes on treadmill w/3lb hand weights [My Fitness Coach (Wii) Cardio--30 minutes] [30 minutes Wii Tennis]

EDIT: I received the My Fitness Coach and Jillian Michaels games for the Wii today and let me just say the cardio on the Fitness Coach, was awesome! She definitely kicked my butt!

Last edited by Delphi; 05-11-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:36 AM   #162  

Good morning ladies! I am so proud of you! Here were are, May 11th and you've all done so well!!!

Did not want to do any exercise at all this morning--least of all lower body st'ing (sob, sob) but I sucked it up and did it! I feel much better today, a couple of Motrin last night helped a lot!

May 1st - 30 Day Shred
May 2nd - Strength Training Lower Body & Abs, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 3rd - 30 Day Shred
May 4th - Strength Training Upper Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 5th - 8 Min Abs, 30 Day Shred
May 6th - Strength Training Lower Body, 30 Mins Abs
May 7th - 8 Min Abs, 30 Day Shred
End of Week One

May 8th - Strength Training Upper Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 9th - 8 Min Abs, 10 Min Treadmill (warm up), 30 Day Shred
May 10th - Spin Class of Terror!
May 11th - Strength Training Lower Body, (will do 30 Mins Treadmill tonight)

Keep up the fantastic work ladies!!! Has everyone taken their measurements? Hmmm? Remember, muscle weighs more than fat girls--that means as you're losing fat and gaining muscle, your scale might not budge but your waistlines, hips, buns, etc. will be! Be sure to take them so that when you hit a plateau you can SEE the changes your body is making. You'll keep your focus and feel GREAT about what you've accomplished!!!

Okay be sure to...
Drink Your Water!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:05 AM   #163  
There is no spoon!

@ JD ~ This is probably going to sound really bad, but I have no clue how to even take my measurements as I never have taken them. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure I do not have anything to even measure them with. I guess I could google it..eh?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #164  

CMof4, thanks for the reminder on the measurements. Okay, I started out on May 1 at 43-34-44 and today I am 42 1/2--33 1/2--43 1/2! Yay! A half inch down all over the place! I had to laugh at your May10th exercise log!

Lewis, lol! Well, it's hard to hang out around here and not be an exerciser, lol!! I am still amazed by what you other girls do!! Speaking of which, where's Cake and Ican?? They must be staying very busy! I hope they are finding time for their exercise , although I can't imagine otherwise!!

Delphi, great attitude! Way to show TOM who's boss! As for taking your measurements, stand up straight and position the tape measure behind you on your back, even with the largest part of your bust, and bring it around front, (make sure it's not too high or too low on your back, but even all the way around), don't pull tight and just see what the number is where the tape measure meets. For your waist, find the spot in your middle that is between the highest point of your hipbones and the lowest part of your ribcage, you may have to dig into your side to tell. (I have a very short waist so for me there are only a couple of inches between those bones.) It is usually about an inch above your belly button. Place the tape measure around you in that spot. Be sure you are standing up straight, pull snugly but not too tight, don't let it dig into your skin, and again see what the number is where the tape measure meets. Finally, turn sideways in the mirror and find the widest point of your rear-end. Place the tape measure there in the back of you and then wrap it around the front evenly and find the number where the tape measure meets. Again don't pull too tight. That's all there is to it. To measure arms and thighs and calves, just find the widest spots. Now, go find a tape measure, lol! Oh, P.S....I would wait till TOM is gone for this!

Lene, looking good!!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-11-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #165  

Delphi ~ if you don't have a cloth tape measure you could always use a string and measure against a ruler or a metal tape measure--but I would really recommend just going out and buying one. You can usually find them everywhere--the grocery store usually has them in that isle where all the odds and ends are.

I got insane about my measurements and measured everywhere--yes, even my dreaded 'pooch'. That's the biggest part of my belly so I figured, why just measure my waist? That dang pooch is what I really want to see vanish! LOL So, I measured it all.

One note on measuring your bust--I read to measure while wearing a bra.

Jacqui ~ woo hoo! Congrats on the inches lost! Feels great to see those numbers drop doesn't it?

Okay ladies, making myself get off the computer now...egads, I've been on here too long!