3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   W.O.W. Declaration of THINdependence ~ Week 2! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/169643-w-o-w-declaration-thindependence-%7E-week-2-a.html)

Nixmom 04-20-2009 10:53 AM

W.O.W. Declaration of THINdependence ~ Week 2!

New Week, New Thread Ladies.... Lets light the fuse and kick of the scale fireworks.

I am back from Havasu and brought weight back with me! :( Sounds like a few of us need to get that spark back.

Not to worry, we have each other and can make better choices today, starting now....

How were your weekends?

mothermavis 04-20-2009 11:01 AM

Hey to all, has been a hectic 10 days. Got lots of sun and brought home a ton of sea urchins, which I am now cleaning for the shells.

I don't think I did alot of damage over vacation. Was trying to come back one under when I left, may do that when all the water comes off. I came back ballooned up from the ride, no bones at all in my ankles wrists or fingers to look at me, rounded right up. Scale was 148 when I left and 152.4 this am, so, either way, focus should get me back there.

I went and collected my dogs from the vet this am, they had boarded there. None the worse for the wear, Maggie, my old lady doesn't eat much there, so she lost a few pounds, but she is overweight, so the spa week helps her. Cale apparently thought I was never coming back, he has puked 3 times on 3 separate carpets since he got home. Just drinking too much and too fast, but would be nice if he'd stick to one spot....

I have to go back to work tomorrow, getting back to the grind and believe me, I know how lucky I am to have a job. I have to get to the cell phone store too, YS phone quit working last night, only a few months old, but what a PIA.

Hope everyone is well!!

W 100, just made some fresh herbal iced tea.
E Ew, lots of cleaning today and a round on the elliptical.
E Back to Low Carb, I know it works for me.
D Fly lady here I come, my house is a mess.

JAYAGODDESS 04-20-2009 03:37 PM

Good Morning Everyone,

I started a 21 day challenge with my daughter who is 16. She wants to lose 46 pounds, and I want to lose quite a bit more like 105 pounds. I want to make sure that she does it the right way. Eating healthy and exercise. She knows that there is no miracle pill and that it has to start with eating, exercise and sleeping. So we get up at 6:30 AM in the morning, and then go on our walk at 6:45AM. We complete our walk at 7:00AM. This is just a refresher walk to get moving for the rest of the day.

We took before photos- Eeeeekkk
We weighed ourselves this morning (GULP)
We will not weigh ourselves until the 21 Challenge has completed
We have journals to log our food and exercise
At the end of the 21 day challenge we will get one outfit for completion as a motivator and a token for the hard work
I came up with the 21 day challenge
The next challenge she will come up with the name and the amount of days
She said to me this morning mom when I lose my 46 pounds I will still walk with you and we can still do our routine so you can reach your goal too. I thought that was very sweet.

How was everyone's weekend? I hope it was a good one...

Cheers~

mtiger 04-20-2009 06:00 PM

Hey Ladies. Just hanging around here infat land. That 3 pounds is still here and making me grumpy. Why do I feel so much fatter when it's only 3 pounds? Well I will work out good and hard tonight and see if that helps.

MM, Nix- Let's work it hard girls and this baggage will leave.

Grazer 04-20-2009 08:07 PM

For the first time in months I have had a spot on day. Stayed within range, exercised, and drank water. I feel great. Gotta keep it going!

Nix- thanks for getting our week started. Let's get sparked!

MM- can't believe that time went by so fast. I'm sure those pounds will be gone in no time. Fly Lady is a great site!

Jay- WTG on working on the challenges with your daughter. I walked with my Mom all of the time when I lived home.

MTig- Is that TOM Monster still hanging around?

I got an idea from a TV ad for a mini challenge. Let's try to do some form of exercise during an hour television show we watch. I'm planning on diggin' out those old stretchie bands for a couple of nights this week; just to see how it goes.

mothermavis 04-21-2009 06:09 AM

Grazer, I love that idea. I will dig out my stretchie bands and my exercise ball. Exercise thru commercials. Awesome.

Mindy, I am with ya, just keeping at it!

Jaya, good for you and your daughter. What a great motivator for both of you.

Where are the rest of y hiding? Come out, come out wherever you are!!

OK, got to get back to work today. It'll take about 10 minutes for that vacation glow to get burned right off, but I am lucky to have a job in these times.

W 100 - Bought a new 32 oz jug for my water while on vacation. 3 a day at work and will be almost thru my water for the day!
E Crunches and elliptical this am, have to be careful, tweaked a hamstring yesterday trying to bathe our 120# rottie who did not want a bath. (I won)
E OP, POP
D One choice at a time.

Holyteror 04-21-2009 09:44 AM

Morning ladies!
I can only dream of vacation right now. I can't schedule much time off since everyone and their dog already has it booked. DH and I were chatting last night about the job market and how it stinks :( My new small business is going to be what gets me out of my current job. I just have to really work at promoting myself and getting shows booked. When I start making as much as what they pay me at the office (or less according to DH) I can dump my dayjob. What a relief that would be.

I'm gonna run to the grocery this am and pick up some salad stuff. Not sure what's for dinner as I have a meeting tonight. I really need to work out, but the last 2 nights I've been so stressed with trying to find another job that I don't get to bed til way after midnight, and have zero desire to wake up at 6. I'm working on it though..

NurseMichelle 04-21-2009 12:37 PM

Hello all. Everyone sounds so excited and motivated....here I come to burst the bubble.

I need to take a break from this challenge.

Something horrible is happening in my life right now. I know that sounds dramatic and I'm not going to go into detail right now. My children, husband and my marriage are fine (no one is sick or dying, I promise) but something really bad happened with me. I want to talk about it but for right now, I'm too ashamed.

I'd like to keep my goal the same, as I'm sure I'll be back around in a few weeks or so.

Just please think about me now and then and pray for me. I'll be back and tell you all about it when I can. if anything, I wish I could get all your support right now. It's really bad. I love you all and treasure the online friendships I've made with you all. :(

JAYAGODDESS 04-21-2009 04:09 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone:hug:

Thank you all for the nice comment on my challenge.... it made me smile... :)

NurseMichelle - We are here for you and we will have your in our prayers and we will keep positive.... :)

I hope everyone is having a great day...I should have brought more healthy snacks...lol...I had only 2 slices of cheese with 2 slices of turkey meat...and I still have an orange but I am saving that for like until 3:00 so that it will tie me over for dinner. I still need to go grocery shopping but cant until I get paid on thursday....so it is slim pickins for right now.....

Grazer 04-21-2009 05:36 PM

Day 2 OP and got the exercise in at lunch time. Tonight I start the stretchie bands during commercials; if and when I get to sit.

NurseM- Sending positive energy and a great big HUG your way!!!

mtiger 04-21-2009 07:11 PM

Michelle- :hug: You know we are here for you when you are ready.

Sorry I am going to be a downer today, but it is mid-cycle time and I up a whole stincking 5 pounds. WTH??? Why can't I be normal???

JAYAGODDESS 04-21-2009 07:37 PM

You know what the hardest thing for me to kick is the pepsi that I love in the morning. I used to drink it all day long...but now I have cut back to only one soda allowed and for the rest of the day I drink water so far I have had 48 oz ....and I will be going for another walk this evening. ...not sure what I am going to have for dinner yet... :)

Holyteror 04-21-2009 09:01 PM

Nchellie: we'll be here when you get back. Just come back!

I'm functioning today. That's it. Just functioning :)

e32 04-21-2009 09:19 PM

hi everyone, i'm back from nyc...i had a great time seeing family and we had good weather mostly...i can't say i stayed on plan--lots of eating out. wasn't able to do any extended amounts of cardio but we did do lots of walking. i haven't weighed myself to see the damage yet, but i'm sure there was some. i've made my peace with it for now i suppose. i'm looking forward to getting back to my normal routine (to include more frequent posting here). :)

michelle i'm sorry you're going through a hard time, you're definitely in my prayers. even if you don't want to talk about it, come back soon!

mm i'm having the same problem--i currently have no ankles--yuck. that happens everytime i fly. :(

grazer--glad you had a better day!

shari--hope the moving is going well

everyone else, i'm so glad to see you all again...looking foward to catching up more soon and getting to know you newbies. :) i don't think i intro'd myself during this challenge yet--i'm 27, live in oregon and work as a music teacher. i mostly run on the treadmill and swim as far as exercise goes. i've plateaued at 158 (believe me once i break this one there will be great rejoicing!)...

W 64
E back to the gym tomorrow for 1 hr cardio
E just eating on plan is fine for now...no more cream of whatever vacation food :)
D keep perspective

mothermavis 04-22-2009 06:07 AM

Michelle, we are here for you when you are ready. :hug:

E, lets drink extra water and see if our ankles can be visible again by Sunday.

Grazer, I still have to look for my bands, will do that today after work.

Jaya, I struggled getting rid of soda too, but mine was diet pepsi, I drank like a 12 pack a day!! I traded it for a crystal light vice, but at least with that, I dilute it about 4 times as much as they say (1/3 or so of those single serve ones to 32 oz of water) It helps me.

HT, I was away, so not sure I saw what your new business was. Is it something with your crafts?

MTiger, hang in there chickie, soon it will go back down again.

W 100 oz- I've gotten this since I got home!
E Crunches, elliptical
E OP, POP again today
D Make it a good day or not, the choice is yours.

Holyteror 04-22-2009 09:30 AM

mmavis: I am now an Independant Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay. Treating it like a business is the way I will drag my butt out of the corporate world :)

Gotta get ready for work....morning all....having salad and a healthy choice fresh pasta dish for lunch. Breakfast probably a 100 cal english muffin, some neufchatel cheese, or some oatmeal. Snacks, cheese sticks and fruit. Working on really trying to stay hydrated with the heat this week :)

I have another bellydance show next month, so I have a rehearsal tonight. That garage is gonna be HOT but that's ok...

Nixmom 04-22-2009 10:05 AM

Hi Ladies

Nchellie... just breathe... and like Mmavis said... we are here for you. And I have a long list of life blunders that I have learned huge lessons from.

Preggers at 17
Married twice
Divorced twice.
Was a cheater.
Was cheated on.
Bought stuff I really couldn't afford without consulting other half.
and the list goes on.

If you need us... we are here. Just as unperfect as anyone else, and fighting to better ourselves. PM someone if you need to. We all love ya!

Mtig... curse thee weight gain!

crap... forgot about morning meeting. back in a bit.

JAYAGODDESS 04-22-2009 02:36 PM

Hey Everyone,

My question for the day::write:

Does anyone know about how much water weight is lost before the actual pounds? Here is the thing I started this real exercise and eating right on Monday. It is now Wednesday and I just had to get on the scale because it is so hard for me to stay away from it. I lost 5 pounds, and I am pretty sure that is water weight. What do you think?

Cheers~:D

Koshinogi 04-22-2009 03:07 PM

Heya ladies!

Missed ya all hehe, not been on a few days, been so busy with work , omg and now your on a 2nd thread so, I'm here with a newer weed.

W - 2 litres
E - Archery 2 hours tomorrow and a long walk over the weekend ontop of the usual stuff
E - gonna try Wheat free
D - Me time

So I been a bit low and have had some tests ran, looks liek I have a malabsorption problem and arn;t taking in b12 and folate which is using up all my iron resources and leaving me anaemic and very tired, hmpf will see how it goes.

Shari - hope your move is going smoothly
Nix - God you have been through alot in your life

Anyhoo catch up better tomorrow

jcatron243 04-22-2009 03:12 PM

:hug: Michelle. Take good care of yourself. We've been friends for a long time and I will miss you. I hope to see you back soon. :hug:

I cant believe it is Wednesday. I'm not much to add to the fun these days. The last month hasn't been very good for me. First being sick on vacation, then my furnace. Then A completely HORRIBLE week at work. Last sunday DH found another leak in my roof, last Monday came home to a chunk of my kitchen ceiling on the floor. I TRIED very hard to stay optimistic. Now my fridge has gone out. It is only 2 years old! I had just gone to Costco and stocked it then boom. All that money in the garbage :( I haven't been able to muster up the energy to workout because I am worried about paying for everything that needs fixed. :( boo. Mak has been sick off and on since Disneyland so after running a 102 fever I took her to the doctor. Just a virus, but the doc is worried about her constant headache. Got a prescription for a med that treats allergies/migranes but Mak is refusing to take it (she has the ability to maker herself vomit). We are going to take her in to get glasses, eye doc says she barely needs them but with her headache. . . we will try anything. Trying not to worry about more horrible causes for her headache but I am a worry wart.

Sorry to dump all this on you guys. DH just says don't worry. I wish it was that easy. The only good news is the scale hasn't gone up anymore. I will check in again soon.

mtiger 04-22-2009 05:50 PM

AY AY AY!!! It seems when one of us is on a bad roll, we all are. Hang in there ladies. It will get better. I found myself in the car this morning thanking God for healthy, sensible, happy, well adjusted children. So many people have crazy stuff happening (ie. see nix's list) No one sick, or pregnant, or in jail around here. When I look at the bigger picture, I truly have a lot to be thankful for. We tend to get caught up in all the "small" stuff. Sometimes we need to step back and look at the forest.

How's that for a boost? Well good news here is I was down 1.2/5 pound gain.

Holyteror 04-22-2009 09:14 PM

I'm alive....and even though my dayjob sux....I get to rehearse tonight, and I'm building my own business. I am happy :) It's gonna be a hot rehearsal tonight....literally LOL

*hugs* to all of you girls!!!!!

FABlynne 04-22-2009 11:48 PM

Hello ladies!

It's been a pretty good week so far, only one slip up with my eating plan. Normally I would let something that small totally derail me but this time I picked up and moved ahead. I'm trying to stay focused and keep my eye on the goal. My mini vacay is coming soon I really don't want to be on the beach feeling self conscious. The only thing I can do from here until then is work extremely hard. Im even thinking about doing AM workouts in addition to my evening gym sessions. I'm very determined!!! Sorry for the banter! I know Im going on and on!!

Jaya: The challenge is a great way to bond with your daughter and get fit!
Way to go!!!!!!
Grazer: I think I will be doing lunges while I watch Top Model!!! Good idea!!!

I hope everyone is doing well and staying focused! We can do this ladies, its all in the mind. We control our bodies! (Theme Music From Rocky Playing LOL)
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

JasonsLea 04-23-2009 12:37 AM

:wave: girls!

Kris ~ What's up girlie? :cool:

MM ~ Sorry but I LOLed at Cale not thinking you were coming back. Poor doggie. :)

Grazer ~ We're doing commerical exercise in another thread too! I want to get a jump rope for mine.

Jaya ~ That's really cool about the challenge you and your daughter are doing. Pepsi is my crack! And it's hard to shake the habit.

Mindy ~ :hug: Stupid cycle.

HT ~ I'm SO happy things are looking up for you! I would buy Mary Kay from you!

Hey E!

Kosh ~ I hope the tests find out exactly what's wrong and it's not too bad.

Jeni ~ Extra BIG :hug: for you!

Lynne ~ All this talk of vacas is making me jealous! No, I'm just joking! :devil:

I really feel that moving in with Vanessa is going to get me back on track healthwise. I hung out with her and her husband last night and ate boneless chicken wings with chips and salsa. I didn't realize till the end that she had portioned everything. :) Plus, the house is rather far from any fast food places, I didn't even see my beloved Jalisco's anywhere on that side of town. So yeah, I feel really good about the move. I really should start packing though. :o

mothermavis 04-23-2009 06:20 AM

Jeni :hug: Hang in there, you've hit a rough patch, but let's pray the glasses are the fix for Mak.

Nmich :hug: We are here, hugs to you too.

Jaya, I don't really know, I bet it is different for everyone, but don't worry about it, just keep doing what you are doing, cuz it's working!!

Kosh, archery for 2 hours? Is that a hobby or do you compete?

JL, glad things are looking up!

Fablynne, I think maybe you joined while I was on vacay:wave:

HT, good luck with Mary Kay, hope you get a pink cadillac!!

MT, tracking in the right direction! Me too!

Kris, Fishing this weekend? It's gonna be 80 in NY, in April!!

Anybody seen Lumi or Aud on any other boards?

Grazer, still didn't find my bands, but did crunches, push-ups and leg lifts in sets of 10 while I watched TV last night!!

OK, as always, I stay on til I have to run or miss my exercise before work, also have to stir up a quick batch of no-bake cookies, cuz it's bring your child to work day! We are bringing treats for the kids joining us, none of mine. Although I should drag the 18 yr old in with me, wouldn't he be impressed?

W 100 doing ok with this, love my new huge cup for my desk!
E Crunches, elliptical, weather broke, did a 2 mile walk for lunch yesterday, doing same today and going to the 1st community fitness meeting at the school tonight, not sure what it's about, but gonna check it out!
E POP, stick with it!!
D I think I can!

jcatron243 04-23-2009 11:03 AM

Morning ladies. Sorry about the rant yesterday I think I bottled up to much stress and yesterday it just all poured out.

We have a repair man coming over to fix the fridge today. Also have two companies coming over to give us job estimates for the roof. Keeping my fingers crossed that the massive cost drop in home building supplies will keep the roof cost down.

So I am trying to focus on the things that I can control. With my fridge out food choices are limited but I haven't been doing too terrible. My water is not a problem these days. I really need to readjust my focus so I can get back to the gym. I will get back to the gym.

Nixmom 04-23-2009 06:55 PM

Hi Chicks,

I am drowning in despair at work... cuts coming, just got elected the Management Group chair, can't read what is "really" going on with my managers, but the highly paids are not being asked to cut.

I am drowning in frustration at home... BF is going crazy on disability, wondering if job will come up by June 1 (union boy) or if he should start his own business (has contractors license) and how he's gonna pay child support, having 30 people over for dinner Saturday and house is a disaster, dog just cost us $280 bucks and we still need to have $ for vacation in 2 weeks..... :?:

And honestly, all I can manage to do is fret about my weight. I'm up today BIGTIME (and not in a Peter Gabriel song kinda way). so what to I do... eat a donut. Good one Kris... real productive.

Jlea - My scale is up girlie! I know its not the end of the world. I know I should be glad to have a job (I am). I just wish the negative wasnt bum rushing so many aspects of everyones lives at the moment. Its the :devil:.

Mavie - I will only be fishing for my sanity this weekend. ;) If history repeats itself... It will be caught for about and hour sometime Sunday night after the kids go home. Then BF will start freaking about preparing for the real fishing trip the following weekend. I don't know if I should be greatful for the excitement in my life, or feel overwhelmed. Both I guess!

JCat... Mamma mia. You struck yuck luck oil, didn't ya. We get what we can handle??? Thats what happens when you/re a strong girl. Glad the repair man is on the way. And I guess I need to regroup, and focus with you, on that which I can control.

Mtiggie - SOOOO glad the scale moved for ya. And okay, so I will go home (after I leave this **** hole tonight) and make a list of things I am greatful for.

Crap... I gotta go take a call... back later

mtiger 04-23-2009 08:56 PM

Today is a new day. A beautiful, new day. Jeni is getting a fridge fixed, Shari is starting a new chapter of her life, MM is on track. YAY!!!

nix- Don't want to talk about cuts right now because I am in a good mood. Let me just say this. the district I work for is run by idiots. Are they smarter than a 5th grader??? H*** NO!!!

I was down another wee bit today. Trying to bust that 5 pound gain out. Hopefully I will get rid of more over the weekend. See ya all tomorrow.

By the way, I had a beautiful, sunny, 2 mile run tonight. :cool:

FABlynne 04-23-2009 11:58 PM

Hi all, had a pretty good day, the scale was kind enough to go down another pound yay for that. Just hope it continues. I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing, I had a very long day at work (3 meetings not enough time to complete everything else I had to do) Major bummer! Anyway keep pushing wonderful ladies!

Nixmom: I know when life throws you curve balls we tend to focus on the needs of others as nurturers, forgetting ourselves along the way. It's okay to keep a focus on your weight in the mist of everything thats going on, you have to be strong and healthy to make through for yourself and to be there for others. Everything will work out as it should. Keep your head up and your eyes on the price. Hope this helps.:)

mothermavis: Howdy lady! I think you were on vacay when I joined. I'm a lil' ol' newbie!

Jasonslea: The closer it gets to vacay time, the more I'm dreading it! LOL lets trade places! :D

Ladies I'm turning in for the evening, sweet dreams and a wonderful tomorrow!

JasonsLea 04-24-2009 06:03 AM

Nix ~ I'm up too! I was on the scale exile till things quieted down but I hoped on today and up to 265.8! :fr:

MM ~ I would totally take the 18 year old. Tell him he's never too old to be embarrassed by mama! :lol:

Jeni ~ That's what we're here for! The good and bad rants! :hug:

Lynne ~ I wish I could trade with you! Where are you going for vaca?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtiger (Post 2711357)
Let me just say this. the district I work for is run by idiots. Are they smarter than a 5th grader??? H*** NO!!!

:rofl:

Guys, I haaatteee packing! But I forced myself after I got off work, now I'm at the end of the streak which is why I'm still up at 5 am! :lol: I got most of my clothes, books, and dvds packed up though.

mothermavis 04-24-2009 06:13 AM

Hey all! Lots of issues this week, but sounds like we are all getting good at putting one foot in front of the other instead of one cookie directly to hips!

MT- Glad it's going back down.

Jeni- hope the roof man and fridge man were kind.

JL Keep at it, you know the scale will come back down.

Fablynne - Where are you going on vacay?

NMich :hug: Hope you are working thru it.

Grazer, I am getting better at doing a bit of exercise during commercials.

I went to the community fitness last night, was great fun. Only 7 ladies showed, but we walk/ran for about 30 minutes depending on where you were fitness level. Lots of you know that I decided to do the 1/2 marathon in September, so that was cool. Kick in the butt I needed, especially cause I tend to decide I can walk for a bit if I am on my own, but not when I have an audience! Then we went inside and did a Boot Camp workout. Awesome. I am up .8 from the muscles I bet, but that's ok, it'll work itself out this weekend if I keep at it.

W 100 oz
E Crunches and push-ups this am. Maybe a 2 mile walk for lunch again.
E OP
D One step at a time, let's go.

Nixmom 04-24-2009 09:50 AM

Morning girls.

Mavie - Good for you little miss work out. I wanna do a 5k this year. Is that the same as a 1/2 marathon?

Mtiggie - Okay, cut talk on the back shelf. I am going to be productive today.

FAB - I sooo meant to respond to you yesterday on HOW FANTASTIC YOUR ATTITUDE AND MOTIVATION ARE!!!! You really are doing great this week! I am trying to channel all of your positive energy! Keep it up woman.

K... I have to run AGAIN. I hate 1/2 posts. Sorry. Be good ladies.

Grazer 04-24-2009 09:56 AM

I've been MIA these past few days. I have a sinus cold again. I'm sure this my third since Christmas; the most ever! I didn't gain or lose this week; which is a bit disappointing. I ate clean and exercised nearly every day. Blame it on the cold meds!

Personals later!

What will be over mini-challenge next week?

Koshinogi 04-24-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mothermavis (Post 2710149)
Kosh, archery for 2 hours? Is that a hobby or do you compete?

I do both, Sometimes anyways. Its good but it really gives you buff shoulders which on a girl aint that sexy hehe

JAYAGODDESS 04-24-2009 03:58 PM

good Afternoon Everyone,

I am so excited I just bought a wii and in two weeks I am going to get the wii fit......:carrot: so for right now I am doing the boxing and tennis on the the game that came with the system.

jcatron243 - Oh sometimes we need to pour out our feelings....that is what is great about this forum site. People have real lives and that want to lose weight....we all have to go through havoc at times. Sometimes it feels like there is no end to the stress we all go through in our daily lives. But having friends that listen helps A LOT. :)

JasonsLea - Oh my gosh Pepsi is so hard to stop drinking so I sort allowed myself a little each day.....when I say a little I mean a LARGE cup. I just dont want to feel cheated..hahaha...

mothermavis - I like your first line about putting one foot in front other other instead of putting cookies to our hips...that made me laugh....

Nixmom - You go girl....have fun running :)

Grazer - I hope you are feeling better.....good job on eating clean and exercise... :)

I hope everyone is having a great day ~:hug::hug:

mtiger 04-24-2009 09:24 PM

Down a little more today. I hope I can get back to my lowest soon. My day was all screwed up and so far off my normal routine. Had a staff breakfast, pizza lunch with my class, late dinner, no workout. YIKES!!! No telling what the scale will think about today.

Monday we hear about the cuts and what is going to happen to us all. :?:

Have a great day ladies and a beautiful weekend.

mothermavis 04-25-2009 07:34 AM

Kris, the 5k will be 3.1 miles, the 1/2 marathon is 13.2. I love 5k's, I hope you do get to try one this year. Pick one with a good shirt!! I love getting the goody bag with the shirt!

Grazer, hope you feel better soon! You rock, staying OP when you feel like crap. I tend to use that as an excuse. :o

Kosh, I think that sounds fun. I borrowed OS kayak a bit last summer, hope to take it more this summer, that was my shoulder plan, but yours sounds really fun too.

Jaya, My son has a WII, the first day they brought it home, they played the tennis and were so sore. It amazed me.

Mindy, Hope Monday goes well.

I am staying OP pretty well, however, tonight DH and I are going to dinner after YS leaves to take his girl to the prom.:love: I need to not undo all my hard work in one dinner. I am less than 2 pounds from pre-vacation weight. Wish I had done better on vacation, but oh well!

W 100
E Going for a walk today!
E OP, dinner tonight will also be OP and nothing from the bread basket! Maybe grilled fish and some veggies. I love fish and seafood and hate to cook it.
D Keep on keeping on

JasonsLea 04-26-2009 02:35 AM

:wave: girls!

TOM started yesterday which explains the bottomless pit my stomach was a few days prior. Thank god I took off a few days this week and next week for the move. This morning I was able to just lay in bed and moan. Washed the rest of my dirty clothes and got some more packing done, just need to get to Wallyworld to get another storage container. I'll probably do some more packing before I get to bed. :)

Has anyone seen the new WE show, I Want To Save Your Life? I watched it tonight and I thought it was pretty good. The person was this woman named Jennifer, busy working mom. The scene that stood out to me was when he went with her to her favorite bakery and let her get her usual piece of chocolate cake. BUT as soon as they walked out, he let her know that it would take 2 1/2 hours of walking to burn off the calories for the slice of cake and they were going to walk those 2+ hours before she could eat the cake, while she was holding it! 2.5 hours to walk off a piece of cake?! WHOA! :dizzy:

jcatron243 04-26-2009 06:02 AM

Morning everyone. I am alive and feeling a bit better. Ive been working so its been easy to keep my calories down. I have been at about 1400 cals a day for 2 days now. Water is easy. Fridge guy bit me hard. $400 dollars to fix it. Roof guy, well thats harder to swallow but it has to be done. Gotta finish getting ready. I promise to post again tomorrow.

Grazer 04-26-2009 06:35 AM

Helo from the land of Sinus Headache! I can't remember the last time I had it this bad. Didn't track what I ate over the weekend; didn't eat that much. I also didn't exercise because I had the sleepies big time! Today, I gotta get out and enjoy the sun.

"Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, ain't nothin' gonna slow me down..oh,oh..I got to keep on movin'...!